“Great for marathoners....” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay
Ranked #15 of 121 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Great for marathoners....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I traveled in January to run Miami Marathon, and it resulted in a great experience. It is located at walking distance to the start and finish line. Has a good restaurant with affordable prices. The rooms are quite big,and the bed and bedding super comfortable. We ordered a small refrigerator for beverages and fruits and it worked real well for us, who came to run the marathon.

The Wifi has to be paid and it didn´t work well inside the room.

Since the hotel is located in a very good area for runners, I will suggest that to declare it runners friendly, and serve a breakfast very early on the day of the race.

Room Tip: Higher floors have excellent view. The food is great and very friendly personnel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MarriottMiami, Manager at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Good Day!

Thank you for your review and congratulations on your marathon! We are delighted that you chose to stay at the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay. I was discussing your review with our Chef as we love your suggestion of taking a "runner friendly" stance on race day. More to come on that! In the meantime, we look forward to your next stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (667)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

We picked this hotel out of a hat when we were going on a cruise out of the port of Miami.
We were pleasantly suprised with the beauty of the hotel, the comfort of the room, and the magnificent view.
Also, there are many restaurants between this hotel and the one next door, which is super convenient.
We used their free shuttle to South Beach...also a plus for us.
For Marriott gold and platinum members, there is a nice concierge room, with good amenities and internet is free.
You DO have to pay for valet parking, though. The drive to the port is under 10 minutes.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hilo48
Conroe, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Of all our pre-cruise hotels, this is by far the best. Beautiful hotel ... First class all the way. We stayed in room 720, overlooking the bay and cruise port. Marriott outdid themselves with this one. The decor, restaurants, lounges, staff, etc. are top notch. Room was very elegant. We had a queen and rollaway for 3 people. Towels and linens were top notch.

It's a 5 min. taxi cab ride to the cruise port. About 15 minute ride to Miami airport ( w/o traffic). Lots to do in the area. Bayside Marketplace has lots of shops and restaurants. Small mall attached to the hotel .. Nice boutique shops.

There are lots of hotels to choose from near the port but I would choose this Marriott over any other hotel.

"Catch," the seafood restaurant in the hotel is outstanding. Food was fabulous. Lively hotel bar.

Room Tip: Book early. This is a popular hotel. From Miami airport you can book a shuttle for @$13 pp. We used...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Carrboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I checked in the day before a 10 day Caribbean cruise. After the bellman led us to our top floor Presidential Suite....imagine our surprise when he opens the doors to a 1800+ sq ft all glass view of Biscayne Bay!! The pantry plus a bar area next to the grand piano and a huge dining room and living room. A lovely extra large king bed and the in bath garden tub. Only slight negative was that under one of the living room chairs that we rearranged were a very skimpy pair of "ladies" thong undies :-0.
The staff were all very helpful even with a full house and a TPA Tennis tournament being held in the area.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a view of Biscayne Bay!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MarriottMiami, Manager at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Good Day!

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your most recent stay with us. The room you were in is quite popular as it highlights one of the many spectacular views from our hotel. We are, however, embarassed to hear of the not so lovely surprise you found in your room. It is unnaceptable for this to have not been found when the room was cleaned and I will be sharing this feedback directly with our housekeeping team.

Thanks again and we look forward to your next stay with us!
Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Hi

It is a nice hotel in a good location but not for me

I needed to order a package from amazon to the hotel.
I asked in advance if this is possible and they say yes.
Once I received the package I found out that

Amazon packed it in 2 boxes
The hotel is charging me for each...

So for a 20$ value from amazon I paid the hotel additional 12$

Not nice
And not expected from a hotel with this rates per night

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Greetings!

Thank you for offering this feedback. Because of the extremely high volume of boxes we receive here at the hotel, we implemented these charges to simply cover the costs of personnel and systems needed to properly receive, log, store and deliver these boxes. We did make sure to research the charges of neighboring hotels to ensure that we remain competitive and we do not charge our Platinum Elite members for this service as well.

However, we will review our current volume of packages and see if there is opportunity to reduce the pricing. Even though our goal in this endeavor is to simply cover costs but we certainly do not want to compromise our high service standards. I am sorry that this negatively impacted your experience at the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay. Thank you again for sharing this with us!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

When I feel like splurging, I stay at the Marriott. At $400 a night for a last minute room (literally i booked it the day before driving down...) this was extremely expensive for me but I didn't feel like staying across the bridge during the annual music festival again, so I went ahead and parted with my money.

If you need to get to Bayfront Park it's an $8 cab ride or a 1 mile walk, maybe more, which feels like a long time after you've been dancing for hours. But I only rode the cab 3 times the entire time I stayed in Miami (plus it's impossible after the music festival to get any cab) so the walk was not too bad after a while.

Directly attached to the Marriott is a tiny indoor shopping center with some restaurants, a nail salon, and some other businesses. Nearby is Nove a sushi place.

But inside the Marriott they have a bar with really delicious drinks and a little cafe with delicious lattes and decent food. But who needs to walk all the way downstairs when you've got room service? I ate like a queen the second day when I ordered room service. I had the best view ever.

My room on the north side of the hotel was perfect. The lady at the desk told me it would only face the pool but when I got there. However, I was pleasantly surprised and got a view of both the pool and the Bay which I had requested. Score! (Yes it faced another property but the other property was far enough away so that it did not feel intrusive.)

The beds are pleasantly soft. It's like sleeping on a gigantic marshmallow. I kind of didn't want to leave. That's how comfortable it was.

Valet parking is $30 something a day. When you check in, you pay a $50 a day deposit which they return if you don't have valet or take advantage of room service and things like that.

Another great thing about the Marriott hotel line is their customer service. One morning, I couldn't find my wallet and I looked all over the room twice. Security came and only after they were there did I actually find my wallet. The staff were all extremely helpful and accommodating and I felt like a nuisance when I found that wallet, but they were all really understanding.

I've always liked Marriott hotels, but this experience definitely was worth the $400 a night. I might consider staying again if I can get a discount or if I book much earlier.

Room Tip: Room 2129 on the north side faces both the pool and the Bay.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Laurel, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Stay there for a week that included the Easter weekend. The hotel is downtown and away from the beach. The hotel does have a shuttle that goes to the beach that you can sign up for but it only runs every three hours and space is limited. Take a cab it will cost about $16 with no traffic.

The hotel itself is clean. The staff was helpful and tried to please. Salvatore the bartender at the pool can tell you all the happenings in Miami. You'll enjoy your stay.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family