“What a lovely surprise!”

Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay
Ranked #16 of 122 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Carrboro, North Carolina
“What a lovely surprise!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I checked in the day before a 10 day Caribbean cruise. After the bellman led us to our top floor Presidential Suite....imagine our surprise when he opens the doors to a 1800+ sq ft all glass view of Biscayne Bay!! The pantry plus a bar area next to the grand piano and a huge dining room and living room. A lovely extra large king bed and the in bath garden tub. Only slight negative was that under one of the living room chairs that we rearranged were a very skimpy pair of "ladies" thong undies :-0.
The staff were all very helpful even with a full house and a TPA Tennis tournament being held in the area.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a view of Biscayne Bay!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
MarriottMiami, Manager at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Good Day!

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your most recent stay with us. The room you were in is quite popular as it highlights one of the many spectacular views from our hotel. We are, however, embarassed to hear of the not so lovely surprise you found in your room. It is unnaceptable for this to have not been found when the room was cleaned and I will be sharing this feedback directly with our housekeeping team.

Thanks again and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (687)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Hi

It is a nice hotel in a good location but not for me

I needed to order a package from amazon to the hotel.
I asked in advance if this is possible and they say yes.
Once I received the package I found out that

Amazon packed it in 2 boxes
The hotel is charging me for each...

So for a 20$ value from amazon I paid the hotel additional 12$

Not nice
And not expected from a hotel with this rates per night

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Greetings!

Thank you for offering this feedback. Because of the extremely high volume of boxes we receive here at the hotel, we implemented these charges to simply cover the costs of personnel and systems needed to properly receive, log, store and deliver these boxes. We did make sure to research the charges of neighboring hotels to ensure that we remain competitive and we do not charge our Platinum Elite members for this service as well.

However, we will review our current volume of packages and see if there is opportunity to reduce the pricing. Even though our goal in this endeavor is to simply cover costs but we certainly do not want to compromise our high service standards. I am sorry that this negatively impacted your experience at the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay. Thank you again for sharing this with us!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 6, 2013

When I feel like splurging, I stay at the Marriott. At $400 a night for a last minute room (literally i booked it the day before driving down...) this was extremely expensive for me but I didn't feel like staying across the bridge during the annual music festival again, so I went ahead and parted with my money.

If you need to get to Bayfront Park it's an $8 cab ride or a 1 mile walk, maybe more, which feels like a long time after you've been dancing for hours. But I only rode the cab 3 times the entire time I stayed in Miami (plus it's impossible after the music festival to get any cab) so the walk was not too bad after a while.

Directly attached to the Marriott is a tiny indoor shopping center with some restaurants, a nail salon, and some other businesses. Nearby is Nove a sushi place.

But inside the Marriott they have a bar with really delicious drinks and a little cafe with delicious lattes and decent food. But who needs to walk all the way downstairs when you've got room service? I ate like a queen the second day when I ordered room service. I had the best view ever.

My room on the north side of the hotel was perfect. The lady at the desk told me it would only face the pool but when I got there. However, I was pleasantly surprised and got a view of both the pool and the Bay which I had requested. Score! (Yes it faced another property but the other property was far enough away so that it did not feel intrusive.)

The beds are pleasantly soft. It's like sleeping on a gigantic marshmallow. I kind of didn't want to leave. That's how comfortable it was.

Valet parking is $30 something a day. When you check in, you pay a $50 a day deposit which they return if you don't have valet or take advantage of room service and things like that.

Another great thing about the Marriott hotel line is their customer service. One morning, I couldn't find my wallet and I looked all over the room twice. Security came and only after they were there did I actually find my wallet. The staff were all extremely helpful and accommodating and I felt like a nuisance when I found that wallet, but they were all really understanding.

I've always liked Marriott hotels, but this experience definitely was worth the $400 a night. I might consider staying again if I can get a discount or if I book much earlier.

Room Tip: Room 2129 on the north side faces both the pool and the Bay.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Laurel, Maryland
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Stay there for a week that included the Easter weekend. The hotel is downtown and away from the beach. The hotel does have a shuttle that goes to the beach that you can sign up for but it only runs every three hours and space is limited. Take a cab it will cost about $16 with no traffic.

The hotel itself is clean. The staff was helpful and tried to please. Salvatore the bartender at the pool can tell you all the happenings in Miami. You'll enjoy your stay.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank NavyMike89
Ambler, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Went to Miami for the tennis at the Sony Ericsson ATP event. Marriott Biscayne Bay was an official ATP hotel for this event. The hotel was far from Key Biscayne which I didn't realize and it was more in the business part of Miami. There was a conceirge at the hotel, Miguel, who made everything great for us. When he wasn't at work we were given misinformation. Sony sent a bus for us which was awesome, a bunch of loyal tennis fans yapping away on the bus to and from the event. Next time I would stay on the Key itself for th matches since the highways are very congested down there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Pinellas Park, Florida
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Great location and a beautiful view of the bay. It's very relaxing to sit outside and just enjoy the wonderful weather. Banquet facilities are very nice. I always enjoy my stay in Miami when I stay at Marriot Biscayne.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed before a cruise--and the location was reasonably close to the port. The room was comfortable, and the lobby is impressive, but there was not as many choices for dining, etc. and the location was not great for walking.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family