“Great location and great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Best Rates of the Year
Ranked #13 of 119 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
“Great location and great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I've stayed at Biscayne Bay Marriott several times. The staff is wonderful and property is beautiful. The attached small mall has a couple of restaurant options and some cute shops. The pool is great and there is a wonderful park just down from the hotel. Great place to stretch your legs and enjoy the view of the bay. I always love staying at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mary S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (565)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stayed here the night before a cruise - it is very close to the Port of Miami. The staff was great; parking was easy; we had a great view of Biscayne Bay; comfy bed; well appointed handicapped bathroom.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SaveyFLTraveler
Saratoga Springs, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Not sure of the age of the facility, but if I have to hazard a guess, I am thinking it's best days are behind it. The lobby and location were nice, but frankly, the room was "musty" and the bathroom simply run down. The staff there was quite nice, however, their skill was undermined by a very bland Marriott facility. Loved the location, but not quite sure if I will be returning to this one as there are simply too many better options in Miami.

Room Tip: If you stay there, at least get a waterfront room - exceptional view really.
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank ecseps
Apex, North Carolina, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I was very impressed with this hotel. I travel a lot for business and pleasure and this hotel exceeded my expectations in customer service, location, and cleanliness. We had a wonderful view, the room was decent size and clean! I would have to say, I was most impressed with every staff member I encountered and their excellent customer service skills. The location also was very central and the staff was helpful with information about the area. I would definitely stay at this hotel again and would recommend to friends and family traveling to the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tracey W
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Staff really tried and most succeeded in being super helpful! Rooms large, recommend sea-view, good fitness room, rooms well set out with minor quibbles, note to all hotels, please put power outlets near the desk!, a full length mirror would have been nice in my room, but the view to the sea was wonderful. Good buffet breakfast, room service late and pretty good selection, great coffee shop in lobby.

Room Tip: get a sea-view on a high floor
1 Thank Pheephox
puttelange les thionville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

You would expect good service from a hotel like the Marriot, especially in a location like this in Miami. I travel for business and stay in hotels accross the 55 countries I have been to. I have had better service in 3 star hotels. That's why I was suprised at my poor experience.

It took 2 days to get my laundry cleaned and I had to wear the same dirty clothes to a business conference 2 days in a row. My room went uncleaned and the management didn't care about the non follow up from his staff.

After a few days travelling, I needed some clean shirts so I put my dirty cloths in the laundry bag with the form, put it on the door handle so housekeeping couldn't miss it at 8 am. I came home at 7pm and the bag was still on the door. I called housekeeping to expain my surprise and they responded "you should have called instead of leaving on the door". After explaining I needed at least a business shirt for the next day, they finally agreed to finish one and deliver it later, by 10 pm. Relief.

10 pm came and went and the next morning nothing. I get in the shower and I hear the door open. "Housekeeping" she says. "Thank you" I say from the shower, I assumed she was delivering the laundry. I get out...nothing. So I call and they deliver the one shirt they cleaned - my casual linen shirt and not a business shirt like I requested. So I put my dirty shirt on from the previous day and go to the conference. I'm a happy camper.

I come back after the conference at 7 pm and not only is the laundry not there, the room is not even cleaned!!!

I go down to the reception and I request to see the manager to tell him 1) it was 2 days that I had been waiting for my laundry 2) that they did not keep their word in delivering me my shirt by 10pm the previous evening and 3) my room was still dirty at 7 pm. The manager says he was "sorrys. No gesture, no explanation, no nothing.

I would recommend this hotel for it's good location, comfortable bed, decent bar and food. However, I would not recommend if you expect the general service level of a Marriot hotel.

Mike from Michigan, living in France

Room Tip: Get a high room overlooking the bay and South Beach
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank blondin69
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

Short trip to Miami to see the football game on Sunday. Overall rooms were nice, very clean. Hotel is centrally located with complimentary shuttle to and from South Beach. Short ride or longer walk to Bay Side. Public transportation lacking in Miami in general and cabs very expensive. Best to get a rental car. Disappointed with incidental charges at hotel - Internet and parking.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family