WINNER WONDERLAND

Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay
Ranked #14 of 124 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Apex, North Carolina, USA
“Excellent Customer Service and Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

I was very impressed with this hotel. I travel a lot for business and pleasure and this hotel exceeded my expectations in customer service, location, and cleanliness. We had a wonderful view, the room was decent size and clean! I would have to say, I was most impressed with every staff member I encountered and their excellent customer service skills. The location also was very central and the staff was helpful with information about the area. I would definitely stay at this hotel again and would recommend to friends and family traveling to the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tracey W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (630)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Staff really tried and most succeeded in being super helpful! Rooms large, recommend sea-view, good fitness room, rooms well set out with minor quibbles, note to all hotels, please put power outlets near the desk!, a full length mirror would have been nice in my room, but the view to the sea was wonderful. Good buffet breakfast, room service late and pretty good selection, great coffee shop in lobby.

Room Tip: get a sea-view on a high floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Pheephox
puttelange les thionville
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

You would expect good service from a hotel like the Marriot, especially in a location like this in Miami. I travel for business and stay in hotels accross the 55 countries I have been to. I have had better service in 3 star hotels. That's why I was suprised at my poor experience.

It took 2 days to get my laundry cleaned and I had to wear the same dirty clothes to a business conference 2 days in a row. My room went uncleaned and the management didn't care about the non follow up from his staff.

After a few days travelling, I needed some clean shirts so I put my dirty cloths in the laundry bag with the form, put it on the door handle so housekeeping couldn't miss it at 8 am. I came home at 7pm and the bag was still on the door. I called housekeeping to expain my surprise and they responded "you should have called instead of leaving on the door". After explaining I needed at least a business shirt for the next day, they finally agreed to finish one and deliver it later, by 10 pm. Relief.

10 pm came and went and the next morning nothing. I get in the shower and I hear the door open. "Housekeeping" she says. "Thank you" I say from the shower, I assumed she was delivering the laundry. I get out...nothing. So I call and they deliver the one shirt they cleaned - my casual linen shirt and not a business shirt like I requested. So I put my dirty shirt on from the previous day and go to the conference. I'm a happy camper.

I come back after the conference at 7 pm and not only is the laundry not there, the room is not even cleaned!!!

I go down to the reception and I request to see the manager to tell him 1) it was 2 days that I had been waiting for my laundry 2) that they did not keep their word in delivering me my shirt by 10pm the previous evening and 3) my room was still dirty at 7 pm. The manager says he was "sorrys. No gesture, no explanation, no nothing.

I would recommend this hotel for it's good location, comfortable bed, decent bar and food. However, I would not recommend if you expect the general service level of a Marriot hotel.

Mike from Michigan, living in France

Room Tip: Get a high room overlooking the bay and South Beach
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank blondin69
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

Short trip to Miami to see the football game on Sunday. Overall rooms were nice, very clean. Hotel is centrally located with complimentary shuttle to and from South Beach. Short ride or longer walk to Bay Side. Public transportation lacking in Miami in general and cabs very expensive. Best to get a rental car. Disappointed with incidental charges at hotel - Internet and parking.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Holland, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

The hotel was clean and the view was wonderful. The customer service lacked. We stayed two nights and had issues with the TV. We called to get maintenance, he stopped by, messed with the TV, left again and never came back and the TV never worked properly and no one seemed to care. We asked for an upper level room and we were on floor 6, not even close to upper here. The hotel just didn't have the welcoming feel that I am used to from the Hilton Chain and we won't be back. If breakfast was served in the hotel, we weren't told about it.

The electric bike rental from the company that works with the hotel was awesome!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Heidi K
MarriottMiami, Manager at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Greetings!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We pride ourselves on our highly regarded level of customer service (as seen in many posts here) so it is disappointing to see we missed the mark with your stay. We would love for you to visit us again so we can truly show you the sincere hospitality that is synonymous with the name Marriott.

I am also sharing your TV experience with our Engineering team so we can conduct a blitz of all TV's to ensure that this is an isolated problem.

Again thank you for your feedback which we take as a gift and share with all of our associates!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

We spent two nights at this hotel. The service was great, room was very nice, and we had a beautiful view from our room. The restaurant had delicious food and great service. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Carolsue22
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

I recently visited Miami for a 4 day fashion event this hotel was the host hotel for the event. From the moment I pulled my car in to the driveway of the property I felt catered too. Caitlin at the front desk made my check-in experience wonderful and quick. There were a number of girls in our suite, some with cash others with credit, and she found a way to divide it all up with out any frustrations...Neil our bellman was ultra friendly and courteous too. The food at the Catch was good and there "everyday happy hour" was great for my wallet. Every staff member I came in contact with was so friendly and personable. I absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone and it will be my go-to hotel any time I am in the Miami area. Would advise a complimentary breakfast though.

Room Tip: A high floor and facing the ocean