“One Night Stop”

Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay
Ranked #15 of 127 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Another night stop in Miami and another stay in the Marriott. Been staying here for many years on and off.
Rooms have been updated along the usual Marriott style, clean and fresh with average space, big TV and nice balcony over looking downtown and off to the cruise port in the distance.
Last few times I've stayed (last month and this) I have had trouble sleeping due to outside noise - might be handy if they upgrade the patio doors for better sound proofing and the same for the internal doors, as I write this someone from housekeeping is walking along the corridor with walkie talkie at full pitch, if I can here it in here do they really need it so loud!?
That being said this is a good location for basing yourself for business or Pre/post cruise but if on holiday I would probably opt for the beach with more activity around and safer areas to wonder from the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012
5  Thank AiryTraveller
Write a ReviewReviews (3,233)

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Like others we stayed here before leaving on a cruise form Miami. Had three rooms both the night before the cruise and then stayed one night after returning to port. Great service and great rooms - all had views of the bay and the cruise port. Food prices a bit higher than we'd like but convenient and service was good. Comfortable veranda for eating or relaxing off the restaurant - consciege staff helpfull and especially Suzanne at the reservation check in desk - actually remembered us on the return visit. Shuttle for local area including South Beach.
We'd stay here again even if not going on a cruise.

Room Tip: King rooms were very roomy as were the rooms with two beds (we had a total of 3 rooms).
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Tamara H
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed here one night before our cruise out of Miami. We had a room on the 31st floor. They told us it was city view. We were able to see the city and the bay. We had a nice view of the cruise ships. The room was very large and very clean. Having the balcony was an added bonus. We had a good rate for the room because it was arranged through our tour group.
We took a taxi from the airport, which cost $30.00 including tip. They have a shuttle that runs to the port for $6.00 a person.
We ate lunch at the restaurant when we arrived. And breakfast the next morning. My only real complaint about the place is the price of the meals & drinks in the restaurant. We paid $35.00 + tip for a sandwich that we shared and 2 drinks. That's a pricey lunch. But worse was the cost of the breakfast buffet. $21.00 per person. Unfortunately I didn't think to ask the price before we decided to eat off the buffet. I definitely did not eat $21.00 worth of food.
Overall great place and I would stay here again. Maybe just try some other places to eat.

4  Thank ontheroadagain65
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stopped here for two nights at the beginning of October. The room was a little tired, and could do with a refurbishment but was very clean, and the bed was huge and very comfortable. The staff were friendly, helpful and efficient. All in all very good value for money.

1  Thank loki9
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were joining a cruise ship in Miami (flying from the UK) and needed an overnight stay on the way out and when we returned. We chose the Marriot, Biscayne Bay, Miami and so pleased we did! This is probably one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. On both nights we were given rooms overlooking the marina and it was incredible! The views are exceptional. The hotel is absolutely spotless,and the room furnishings are top class. The best thing for about this hotel was the staff. Everyone was so friendly and helpful, I cannot praise them enough. Thank you everyone for memories which will last forever! This hotel is hard to beat.

Room Tip: Try and get a room overlooking the marina and south beach, you will remember this view forever!
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This is my fourth stay here. I do business in Haiti and have many associates in the immediate are such that I have patiently waited forJ. w. Marriott to come through on their promises.

Tonight I am staying in room 1116, for 2.3 billion pet night, plus 14.95 USD for wireless Internet that does not work.

I finally had to phone the hotel via my cell phone and the switchboard answered on the 12th ring, only to explain that they "understand my frustration."

Which I can only conclude that I am hardly the first to find this hotel a total rip off.

Just.

Saying.

The hotel, as of this writing, refuses to reverse the charges for the non-working Internet.

Regards,

Harry Richard Quadracci, PhD
President
Quadracci, Vieux & Sons Coffee
La Rose, Haiti

Room Tip: Don't book a room here.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank HRQuadracci
MarriottMiami, Manager at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Greetings!

I just wanted to take a moment to acknowledge this post and thank you for sharing this information. I am pleased that we were able to connect with you while you were still here at the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay and resolve this issue to your satisfaction.

We do look at feedback as a gift as it allows us to improve on our facilities and service so thank you for this. We sincerely hope that you will stay with us again as we truly appreciate your business!

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Nicely renovated. You know its good if pilots and flight attendants stay here in droves. Clean with great service as well. They even lent me a cell phone charger. Concierge lounge serves drinks appetizers and breakfast for gold and platimnum members. Highly recommended hotel for miami

• Stayed: October 2012