New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay
Ranked #13 of 121 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
La Romana, Dominican Republic
“14.95 $ Internet that does not work”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

This is my fourth stay here. I do business in Haiti and have many associates in the immediate are such that I have patiently waited forJ. w. Marriott to come through on their promises.

Tonight I am staying in room 1116, for 2.3 billion pet night, plus 14.95 USD for wireless Internet that does not work.

I finally had to phone the hotel via my cell phone and the switchboard answered on the 12th ring, only to explain that they "understand my frustration."

Which I can only conclude that I am hardly the first to find this hotel a total rip off.

Just.

Saying.

The hotel, as of this writing, refuses to reverse the charges for the non-working Internet.

Regards,

Harry Richard Quadracci, PhD
President
Quadracci, Vieux & Sons Coffee
La Rose, Haiti

Room Tip: Don't book a room here.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank HRQuadracci
MarriottMiami, Manager at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Greetings!

I just wanted to take a moment to acknowledge this post and thank you for sharing this information. I am pleased that we were able to connect with you while you were still here at the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay and resolve this issue to your satisfaction.

We do look at feedback as a gift as it allows us to improve on our facilities and service so thank you for this. We sincerely hope that you will stay with us again as we truly appreciate your business!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (600)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Nicely renovated. You know its good if pilots and flight attendants stay here in droves. Clean with great service as well. They even lent me a cell phone charger. Concierge lounge serves drinks appetizers and breakfast for gold and platimnum members. Highly recommended hotel for miami

• Stayed October 2012
Newport Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The hotel itself was 'all right' but nothing special. The thing that bothered me the most was the location. I was attending a conference at the Miami Beach Convention Center and traveling to and from the conference from the Marriott Biscayne Bay was an enormous pain. There is very little action around the hotel and I found myself being 'away' from anything remotely interesting. I will definitely be looking to stay in Miami Beach or South Beach next visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Oakland, Ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

The one thing I can say is that dependent on which room you're in, the view is great. Other than that, I've got nothing good. The food is absolutely horrible. Due to late flights, I arrived around midnight and was starving. Room service is open late (which is good), but the food is horrible. I thought breakfast might be better...no such luck. On top of that, the utensils with my morning meal were dirty and the mustard packet on the tray was partially opened with food on it (not the food I had, since I ordered pancakes and this appeared to be meat of some sort). So I ended up taking one bite from both meals and pushing the tray out the door. The shower did not fully come on, so the water coming out of the shower head basically sprinkled while there was a flood actually coming out of the faucet. When I unplugged the iron, the outlet came out with it, I actually had to push the outlet back into the wall. A member of the cleaning staff came in while I was still in the room and apparently I wasn't moving fast enough getting out of the room because she was completely annoyed by my presence and very unfriendly. If I hadn't actually seen her clean as she was rushing me out, I would never have known it because the room appeared to have been cleaned by someone who was blindfolded with both hands tied behind their back. I definitely won't be staying here again and would not recommend it to anyone. I could go on, but why bother. There was one highlight; I assume he would be considered hotel security; he saw me arrive late, drove his cart around and stayed with me until I got my bags out of the car and then escorted me to the front desk. Very, very nice!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Filonia
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I stayed here in July the night before a cruise. The hotel is conveniently located close to the cruise port ($10 cab ride) and Bayside Marketplace ($7 cab ride). The hotel itself has a nice lobby, but it was super busy constantly. The staff/service was a hit or miss. The staff members right outside of the hotel didn't seem friendly, no hello's or smiles. The check in staff were great, we booked a standard room and I asked if they had anything with a bay view. We were told no but ended up getting a room on the 30th floor with a balcony and partial view of the bay. I came down at a later time and asked about pool hours and they answered all my questions with a smile and made sure I had everything I needed. The room was clean and had good quality toiletries (bath and body works), however, it did look like it was in need of an update. Others have mentioned the area around the hotel seeming unsafe and I would agree. If you plan on going to the south beach area than I would get a hotel closer, this hotel's great for pre-post cruise or business/events in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank CanadaGoose1
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for business and would recommend it. In Miami, I think the Intercontinental is a little nicer property and a little better location, and the JW Marriott is a nicer property, but this Marriott is very good. Right on Biscayne Bay, great service, good restaurant. Concierge lounge has pricy drinks (not by Miami standards, but anywhere else) and average food but a pretty view. Good sized workout room with a nice view. The pool area doesn't have much of a view and is in a bit of a wind tunnel, so this isn't so much a sit by the pool hotel. Walking distance to a Publix grocery store and some low key restaurants (I recommend Bin 18). Chose this property because of the proximity to business and the rate and would be happy to stay here again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Drays7
Grand Cayman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

My family and I are currently staying at the hotel and I just had to write this review. My wife is here at a meeting and I decided to come up with my kids and surprise her, I felt that I had to write a review whilst here, I must say that all the staff are fantastic probably some of the most professional I have ever seen and I have stayed in some of the best hotels at way higher prices. The facilities are great. Every thing is close, which I didn’t realize, in fact we are right next to the Miami Heat’s stadium and tonight we’re head to watch a game.
I have visited Miami at least 200 times during my life and to be honest this is one of the best hotels for the $$$ price.
I highly recomend

Room Tip: we are on the 6th floor with a view over Biscayne Bay, great view of the boats, i would have prefere...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
MarriottMiami, Manager at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
We flattered to hear that, despite the great surprise for your wife and the fact that you are travelling with your children, you took the time to share your opinion of our hotel! Our staff here at the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay are are fully committed to providing the highest level of service to our guests. They take pride in it and enjoy it and, based on your review and those of many others here on Trip Advisor, it is evident. Our Associates also thoroughly enjoy reading and hearing about the positive impact they have had on our guests and we share these posts with all of them. So thank you for your feedback and business and we truly look forward to your next visit to Miami.