“Close to South beach for the money.” 4 of 5 stars

Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay
Ranked #15 of 119 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Hartford, Connecticut
“Close to South beach for the money.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

South beach can be overrated. I prefer not to stay at a boutique hotel on Ocean Dr or Collins Ave nor do I want to pay the ridiculous rates found on Miami beach.

Not quite a Category 6 to me. The lobby is large, loud, but very inviting and modern. The front staff can be a little more excited to see me, but I can understand it was that busy part of the evening where they get overwhelmed with check-in and needy foreign tourists.

I got a corner room #2003 with a fantastic view of the bay and the condo next door. Large room, comfortable king bed. Very clean. Bathroom a tad small, but we only used it to shower and stuff. Best part was a small balcony with two chairs to enjoy the beautiful sunrise.

If you are an Elite and have access to the Exec lounge, you're in luck. They have apps and pastries in the evening and the morning breakfast spread is extremely impressive. If you don't have access, there is breakfast and starbux downstairs.

Didn't get to use the pools since South Beach is a short and convenient 10 min drive.
Self Parking is $24 per night so no surprise.

Overall, an very enjoyable stay, worth my 30,000 points.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chocokat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (568)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

In town for a buddy's wedding, decent stay, nice view. Had some trouble and confusion w/ front desk regarding rewards program. Otherwise would stay again

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Hawks1384
Curitiba
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

I really love when I exactly what waits for me, and whenever I stay in a Marriott it´s like that.
If is a common knowledge that you need a car in Miami for whatever you do, this hotel is located in the middle of everything.
It´s not far from the airport, is not far from Miami beach, and is easy to go Outlets Malls such as Sawgrass.
Besides the location the Hotel has really nice rooms in Marriott Standards, with gorgeous beddings that makes you really sleep well.
Great cost benefit for my trip porpouse.

Room Tip: I always like high floor rooms.Mine was 2229 that besides the view also has a balcony.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank AUECWB
Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Kept our boat in the marina and also stayed in the hotel ... very nice facility with an international flair ... close to shopping and entertainment (not walking, but short drive by car or boat). The on-site high end restaurant is very good and the breakfast lunch room as well ... be careful eating the salad ... I cracked a tooth on a nut shell. The rooms looking towards the ocean are obviously the choice you want to make and of course thee views towards Government Cut and the ICW always have something going on. Concierge level is also a nice option should you want to splurge. One of my favorite hotels in Miami off the beach.

Room Tip: I prefer higher floor facing east ... watch the boats on the ICW and out towards the sunrise and Gov...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Michael T
New Brunswick
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

We stayed the night before our cruise, and did not have a lot of time to check out all of the ameneties, arriving at 10:00 pm.

Check in was very easy, we were 4 people, my husband, me, and 2 daughters. The room was not super sized for 4 people, but we were not spending much time there. Very nice decor, extremely clean, nice view of the harbor, including the cruise ships.

We were given 2 vouchers for breakfast, it would have cost over $50 if we paid for it. Was a lovely buffet, with personal omelets made to order. The food was delicious, but we sent our 21 and 20 year old over the coffee shop next door...not worth it for them.

There is a nice little shop in the hotel next door, sells booze, water, pop - great for picking up supplies before going on a cruise.

We probably wouldn't want to spend a week here - did not seem close to any action, but overall, we were very pleased with this hotel

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank macpherk
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Upon check-in, service was fantastic. The views are great. The rooms excellent quality (although no refrigerator). Public transit is nearby and there is a brand new Publix market within two blocks. There is a bridge within 100 yards that offers a great, low traffic running route all the way to Miami Beach, so long as the draw bridge isn't up. However, you are somewhat marooned in an area with few options for restaurants, etc. In the adjacent Doubletree, there are several small restaurants one of which, an Italian, was quite good. Because of the location, the hotel seems aimed toward convention/meeting people and others headed on a cruise. Bottom line, nice hotel if you are at a meeting, but not particularly close to anything you might consider attractive for meals and/or sightseeing.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

The desk staff not quite as friendly as I expect from US quality Hotels. If I want Basil Fawlty service levels I'll go to Beauly thanks.
The cab I took from their front ramp, got lost (17miles from actual destination before I had to use my own cell phone to navigate us) and cost $98 for a 23 mile journey - not technically the hotel's their fault of course, but perhaps a Hotel should consider just WHO they allow to pick up their guests from their front ramp queue? Or offer a Hotel taxi...

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
MarriottMiami, Manager at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. I am truly sorry that you did not experience the exceptional customer service that we strive to consistently deliver. Please know that I will take this feedback to the Front Desk team so that they can understand your perspective. I will even share a clip of the Fawlty Towers series as many may not get the reference (loved the show myself).

Please know that our intentions are to warmly welcome all of our guests into an environment that exceeds all of your customer service expectations. I am fully confident that, if you choose to stay with us again, your experience will be quite different.