“Amazing pre cruise stay!”

Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay
Ranked #17 of 122 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Kentucky
“Amazing pre cruise stay!”
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Stayed here before sailing on the Carnival LIberty. We requested a room with a view of the port and we sure got one. NEVER had a hotel in Miami with such a beautiful view! We were on the 25th floor. The "balcony" that our room was supposed to have though was more like a sliding door with about an 8" ledge and rail. Never seen a balcony like that before!

Pulling up the hotel was impressive. It is nice because you can get in/out of your cab or whatever under cover and there is a man to take your luggage and a door man.

All in all the stay was excellent and we will return. One thing I liked, if you ordered room service or at one point I needed extra towels, about 20 minutes after delivery someone calls just to verify you got what you wanted.

The hotel is very near the port and also to the Bayside shopping center. We took a cab there for dinner for around $10.

The hotel was clean and the staff excellent but my only complaints are that the coffee shop closes early - around 6:00 or 7:00 p.m. and I thought that was strange. I would have liked to have had a pre-bed cappuccino, but we had to have a latte from room service instead. (they don't have cappuccino for room service.)

Too, the beds in our room were very uncomfortable! Lumpy and worn. The sheets were somewhat worn too and the non-feather pillows that I requested were really flat!

The reason I will return to this hotel was because of the service and the amazing port view!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MelissaJurgensen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (709)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Trinidad
Reviewed August 5, 2011

So I had to go for an interview in Miami and wanted to find a hotel which overlook the bay and this was just ideal for me. Spent three days there and I must say have one of the most professional Front office staff I have seen in a long time. Very efficient!, The room was excellent, clean and neatly arranged, the bed was so plush I did not want to get out, and the service of the room staff was also excellent , The only thing I did not like was the location of my balcony as I did not have a full view of the bay, but hey that is not their fault, I am thankful for the balcony. The morning staff of the restaurant could be improve. Apparent they had crew from the ship staying there and, the staff seem not to interested in offering the complimentary coffee or juice. They kept them waiting while they converse with other employees, Transport right outside and not to far from the shopping area.. The pool was an excellent relaxant. A great experience all things considered.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Porsche08
Denver
Reviewed August 2, 2011

As far as concierge lounges go, Bicayne Bay Marriott is one of the best I've ever been to. The food is good, the view is incredible, and the service is hands down the best I've experienced. Between Mitsy and Khalilah you'll feel right at home. Khalilah is always there with a smile and a laugh...always happy. You'll want to forego dessert so you can come back and relax in the lounge with such good people. Can't say enough!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank tswapp
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights after a one night stay in Ft. Lauderdale. This location was better and in close proximity to several venues. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the contact that we had with the staff was good. There is no free parking in the area, so prepare to pay to park. There are a couple of resturants connected to the hotel. Overall, good stay, would stay here again. Request a room with a view.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Pteam2
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed August 1, 2011

The hotel has good rates, premises are OK but the location - very close to McArthur causeway - and room views to the bay and port are excellent. Very good deal.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MarceloSaoPaulo
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed July 31, 2011

You will want to know that parking in the garage is extra. The double bed room was comfortable and clean, but the balcony is very tiny. Although two chairs and a small table are on the balcony, they barely fit into the small space. No kitchen/kitchenette, microwave, or refrigerator was in the room

The fitness center is awesome--best I've seen in a hotel. Kids under twelve were in the fitness center playing on the equipment. Hotel may want incorporate activities for the kids.

The pool and courtyard are nice but in need of minor repairs.

The location was good and the activities for the July 4, 2011 were appropriate for family members.

Our family of four stayed for July 4, 2011 and the hotel itself was nice. During check-in, we encountered a rude front desk clerk named Gina and initially attributed the behavior to her having a bad day. She was curt and unhelpful from beginning of our check-in up until the end.

However our second encounter with the same clerk was even worse than the first. We reserved through the Marriott's main reservation number for our second stay, before leaving Florida and this was one week later. We were told the room type was unavailable. It was clear this clerk did not belong in a front desk position. She was very abrupt when we made inquiries abt the reservation and the room's availability, to the point we were unable to complete the sentence. We specifically requested to see the hotel manager, and the clerk called the front desk manager. While she was apologetic for her staff members behavior, the room was still not ready for check-in. We later decided to cancel before the deadline mentioned by the Marriott reservation desk and stay elsewhere due to the confusion with the clerk, check-in and just bad customer service.

Upon review of our bank statement, we found the hotel charged us for the stay. We contacted Marriott and the charge was promptly reversed.

Room Tip: Contact the hotel specifically, as we were told by the desk manager ththe Marriott reservation desk...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank FamilyTravel033
MarriottMiami, Manager at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
I am terribly sorry that you had such a negative experience on your last stay with us. As is evident from many other reviews on this site, your experience is definitely not the norm and certainly doesn’t reflect the experience we strive to offer all guests of the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay. Please know that we will address this issue and we are very appreciative of the time you took to offer this feedback to us!
Middleburg, FL
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed at this hotel on a business trip and would definitely come back. I wish I had planned to stay over the weekend with my wife. The room was very nice and the view spectacular. The hotel is also near many Miami attractions.

• Stayed July 2011