“Great hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
NYC
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

My daughter attends college at JWU so I visit Miami often. This time I opted to stay at this great hotel because the price was reasonable for peak season. I traveled in March for my spring break since it is when I can get away from my teaching duties at the college. I was very pleased with the hotel. The pool area is small but nice and clean. There is an area if you want some quiet time away from the pool. I would spend my morning there basking in the hot March sun. It is convenient for me since I do not drive. The Omni was right up the block so was the bus depot. I spent a week at this hotel and had a great time. The area was fine and well lit. I would come back late after spending day out or at bayside in the evenings. The place was renovated and it has a very fresh clean look to it. I had some minor issues with items I requested prior to arrival and that was settled. The breakfast buffet was good. I have paid more in other hotels for a buffet breakfast. The only minor detail was the service. Once you tell the waitress or waiter you are having buffet, they serve you coffee and you don't see them again. My child is a culinary major and these are the little things that can ruin a good place. The dining room staff has to be more attentive whether it is ala carte or buffet dining. The young man at the omelet station needed to smile instead of looking like he hates his job. I enjoyed the quiet time in the many cubicles in the lobby area. I would set up my laptop to do work or just sit among the cozy benches to read a book. I had a great view of the bay despite the mini balcony.

I am visiting Miami in the next couple of weeks and am disappointed that the week I want to stay there is no availability.

I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (666)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Urbandale, Iowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

When we arrived to our room with the bellman, there were huge wet spots on the beds and the chair/ottoman in the room. He called the maid service and they came to the room. Of course they did not speak English. He translated to us that the maid had sprayed room freshener and that's what the spots were. It looked more like they poured room freshener on the beds. Anyway, we were given a 'new' comforter for the one that looked the wettest. Then when we went into the bathroom... the toilet had hairs on the rim... there were no towels or washrags...the floor was filthy. I don't think the room had been cleaned in days. DISGUSTING. I called the front desk and they sent someone to clean the room, finally. We would not stay at this hotel again if it were free.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Graham-456789
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2011

Went to an event and stayed overnight. Amazing service at the event. Their catering staff is FANTASTIC. what a room. Bed was so comfortable I could have spent the day there. Opted for room service. No beach access but Miami beach is 10 minutes away. So is Jungle Island and children's museum. Nice pool and beautiful views of the bay. Get a bay view if at all possible.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
East Orange, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2011

This Hotel the room was nice and comfortable and the workers were friendly

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2011

Let's start with how we got to the Biscayne Bay site. Our group of (6) booked at another hotel on south beach, what a joke. After three bad days, and no cleaning of our rooms we left what was supposed to be relaxing paradise and when to paradise.

The rooms where clean and up to date. The lobby(wow) and the extras blew our minds. Now we should talk about the best part, the staff. Naomi Augustin took time to help, play and truly show interest in our children. She also guided us to places of great fun! Jose Perez was so helpful and kind. The reason why the staff is the way they are starts with management, Angie Madura. She also took time to help us with having a wonderful stay.

We can't wait to return. I travel a lot and stay at Marriott's almost exclusively and this was the best overall experience ever!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank pdominie
Bentonville, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2011

After spending a week in the Florida Keys, spent a night in Miami at the Marriott. Was very excited about the hotel as the location was excellent. The front desk was exceptional and the bellman who delivered our luggage was probably the best I've ever encountered after 20 years of traveling. Recommended a great restaurant and gave us some good shopping tips. The hotel is very clean but you can tell it is old and needs some renovation. Our room overlooked an apartment complex and parking lot with a slight view of the bay. The price was a little high due to the location and the fact it is in Miami. About a 10 minute drive to South Beach which was fun.
Biggest drawback was there was a party on the 10th floor in which we stayed not more than a couple rooms down from us. After midnight, it was extremely loud and you could here music, people partying, and a lot of noise in the hallway.. Security came to their room 3 times before it actually calmed down around 3:30am.
An exceptional part of the hotel stay was the valet service. Our car was always ready within 5 minutes of calling the valet.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MarriottMiami, Manager at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, June 29, 2011
Greetings!

Thanks so much for sharing your honest feedback with regards to your recent visit to the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service and are pleased that our staff members gave you such a positive impression of the hotel.

I am sorry that you feel as though our hotel has an old feel to it and I have shared this feedback with the Leadership Team. We recently completed a multi-million dollar renovation of our lobby and meeting space and we also added a brand new restaurant experience called “Catch” that is receiving rave reviews. Our guest rooms were also renovated in 2008 and we take great measures to ensure that the décor and its condition remain in pristine condition.

I also want you to know that I will personally investigate the matter of the disruption you experienced while in your room. While we cannot control the actions of other guests, we have little tolerance for individuals who are disturbing other guests during their stay. I will meet with the Security Team to ensure that this message is reiterated.

We truly appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us at the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay!
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2011

This is a very nice hotel. If you want to be downtown, this is the hotel for you. Close to Bayside, the AA Arena and the Bay. Great views.
Rooms - Very nice Marriott rooms, Flat screen tvs, many with balcony views of the city or bay. Double rooms tend to be bigger. Concierge was nice for appetizers and breakfast, fabulous view!! Housekeeping did a very good job. Room carpet is wearing down.
Parking is $26, self parking fills quickly.
Hotel connects to Doubletree via a small retail area, with a few shops, pharmacy and restaurants.
Would definitely stay there again for its convenience on business. Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business