“Good Hotel”

InterContinental Miami
Ranked #7 of 125 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 20, 2010

The hotel is located in Downtown Miami. This hotel is a $20 ride to Miami Beach and consideirng we kept going to Miami Beach we should of stayed somwhere closer. By the hotel you have Bayside, a small shopping centre. The room was clean and spacious. There was no business lounge for free connection. We got a good price via the tour operator and paid $170 a night for a room with double beds.

Overall would recommend.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank JackyVicky

Reviewed May 16, 2010

stay here for a friend who was having a wedding reception at a near by hotel...i must say that the hotel is nice, very upscale and the views of the bay are amazing!!! would stay here again with any hesitation. check in was smooth and quick and if you need anything they are quick to respond.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thelongleggedvixen
Reviewed May 16, 2010

Stayed at the Inter Continental Miami in May of 2010. Wanted to spend a few days in Miami after getting back from a cruise. Arrived at the hotel at 9:30am and the receptionist was more than happy to find me the exact room I requested (King Bed, Non-smoking, Bayview on an upper floor). I stayed on the 17th floor which is all non-smoking. Never once did I smell smoke anywhere I went in this hotel. The floor and the room seemed clean, modern, and appealing. The room has a large window overlooking the bay and port. Extra comfy bed and beautiful large bathroom (shower head could have been a little nicer but it served its purpose) made it even more appealing. We went walk to Bayside Marketplace and did a little shopping and eating and when we returned to our room there was a bottle on Evian water and a handmade chocolate basket with chocolates in it on our window seal. I called downstairs to make sure it was complimentary and they assured me it was. I never heard any noise from other guests at night and slept well. The lobby is a nice place to sit and people watch. When we were leaving they were busy putting out the red carpet for a celebrity event they having that night. There was never a problem finding a cab from this hotel and the bell staff was more than helpful with getting your luggage down the stairs in the lobby. The concierge was very helpful and was able to give me information on anything I asked of him. Overall this hotel played a huge part in making my trip to Miami an enjoyable one and I would definately stay here again on my next visit.

I was a bit concerned when I booked due to the number of bad reviews I read, but I never came close to experiencing any of the negative things other have mentioned. This is a five star hotel who looks like and treats you like its a five star hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2010

You would think that a high-end hotel like the Intercontinental which touts its amenities would be better than this.... What they don't tell you is that all the amenities come at an EXTRA charge! You want to use the internet? --sure, for an extra $12 a day. Just hop on an exercise bike? --sure, you can use the fitness room for an extra $15 a day. A continental breakfast? --sure, coffee, juice, and some pastries for $18! Oh, and you can't use your own room's refrigerator.....well, you can, but its an extra $30. In other words, you're going to pay a lot for a hotel room that's all attitude with no value. (more examples......cheap mattress, they just throw one of those faux pillow top liners on it.....and the shower looks nice, but the cheap shower-head leaks more water than it sprays........and don't expect any pay channels like HBO or Showtime in the room, they're not available)

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 12, 2010

I stayed here for a business conference in April. It’s at the lower end of town. As a conference hotel if you want to wander around late at night it’s not ideally situated. There are some moderately good restaurants in the area but there is nothing much to see in the after hours period. Also you don't feel all that comfortable walking around the neighbourhood after dark. The hotel itself is good, try to get an ocean view room. They were sold out of King Beds in the non-smoking section, but the twin double beds worked although my preference is King.
The staff are friendly and the concierge knowledgeable but it’s a big hotel, seems to cater to airline personnel and lacks attention to detail and therefore tends to be impersonal.
I am always delighted when the internet is offered free, which it was on this occasion. I'm not sure if this is standard for all guests or was offered by the conference organisers but it certainly scores points for me when this is offered as a complimentary guest service.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 4, 2010

We arrived at the Intercontinental around 9:30am as we were just getting back from a cruise (minutes away from the port of Miami) and were so happy they let us check into our room early. We were pleasantly surprised with the beauty of the hotel lobby and spacious room on the 25th floor overlooking the pool area. The room was a little dated, but was clean and spacious. Bed was comfortable. I liked that the bathroom and sink area of the hotel were separate from the sleeping area. I know all luxury hotels charge for every little thing so I was not shocked at the fees for using the gym, internet and use of the phone. The pool was beautiful but was in need of skimming. There were pieces of plants, sticks and even a sun visor at the bottom of the pool. The wicker padded lounge chairs at the pool were out of this world. They had enough chairs and cushioned oversized seating as well around the pool giving it a spa feel. Being right on the water was a great touch while laying by the pool as well. I wish their spa treatments were a little less pricey as I would have loved to have been able to indulge in a massage. We really loved our walk from the hotel to Bayside Marketplace as it was a short distance from the hotel with great shopping and dinner options. We enjoyed listening to "Rock and Roll Circus" the band playing outside at Bayside Marketplace as well. We also liked walking through Bayside Park which was on our way to Bayside Marketplace. Beautiful views right on the water and you could see the ships across the water at the Pier of Miami. Another positive note: Ice water with lemon, coffee, tea and danishes are available in the morning on a small table in the lobby. Although it's not advertised, it was a great little treat on our way to the airport the next morning at 6am. I would come back here again!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2010

I live outside the US. So when I travel in the US I have a package of mail sent to the hotel in which I'm staying. I've never been charged before to receive a package at a hotel. I received two small packages and the hotel charged me $6.25 for each one.

Actually, I felt pretty nickel-and-dimed at this hotel. To park our rental car was $38 a day, almost as much as it cost to rent the car. Internet was $13 a day per computer (I traveled with my spouse).

Otherwise, the hotel is a decent business hotel. I don't love big, impersonal hotels but I was on business at this one so this is where we stayed. The room was clean and comfortable and we had a terrific bay view.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business