“Weekend Getaway”

InterContinental Miami
Ranked #7 of 127 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 16, 2014

My wife and I decided to watch the soccer game and the 4th of July fireworks here. Overall a great decision. Hotel handled the full house with professionally and care for each guest. We had a large group watching the game in the lobby bar and enjoyed the food and drinks. Service was very attentive with the full house. Later that night fireworks over Miami. From our room we got to see several city displays in air conditioned comfort and more than adequate room service. Next day before we left we made use of the Spa. Employees from all departments well trained and cared to make your stay a fun one. Highly recommend this Miami landmark.

Room Tip: For views high room bay side
1  Thank Cozysdad
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Dear Cozysdad,

Thank you so much for your review of InterContinental Miami. I am so happy to hear that we were able to offer you and your wife a great weekend stay. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed the World Cup festivities, Fourth of July celebrations and your experience at mySpa.

I am most proud that you received 5-star service from our staff. I have shared your kind remarks with our team and thanked them all for the high level of service that they continue to provide to our guests.

I appreciate your recommendations and I do hope it's not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

The hotel is located right on the bay off of Biscayne and is very easy to get to. From the moment we arrived, we were treated very well. Hats off to the Concierge Edwardo for arranging an early check in for us and to Diane at the front desk for taking great care during check in and check out. Our room was top nocth with a great view of the bay and all the creature comforts one would expect from a hotel of this calibure. Be sure to stop by the bar and ask for Joe - she makes the best cocktails and even tought me a new trick for a dirty martini.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a bay side view
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Michael S,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our location, accommodations and dining experience at Toro Toro bar.

We strive to ensure that all of our guests are given a warm welcome and 5-star service and I'm happy to hear that we did just that. I will be sure to share your wonderful remarks with Rosello, Diane and Joey. I know that they'll be proud to hear that their genuine hospitality and care is appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff at the reception as well on the arrival (Mr. John Alarcón) and at the departure on the 13th. Great location of the hotel at the bayfront with a lot of shops and restaurants!!

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear abc1001,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our location and was given a warm welcome and top of the line service during your stay. I will be sure to share your gratitude with John and congratulate him on a job well done!

It was a pleasure to have had you as our guest and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

The InterContinental is built entirely of marble from one Italian quarry. The lobby is beautiful. The king room overlooking the bay was comfortable and attractive, although not as quite as luxurious as the lobby would suggest. We were there over the 4th of July. The hotel handled the end the fireworks celebration in the park next door gracefully. Because of the huge crowds, only registered guests were allowed into the hotel. Management stepped in the help with the elevators since most guests were arriving back at the hotel at the same time. It was an orderly way of handling a potentially frustrating experience. The staff was exceptional in their courtesy and service during our entire stay. This is our second year to stay at this hotel and we definitely will return.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the bay are quiet and offer a beautiful view.

Dear PrayingMother,

Thank you so much for your 5-star review of InterContinental Miami. Welcome back! It was such a pleasure to have had you as our guest once again. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our beautiful facility, breathtaking views of the Bay and the service you received from our staff.

I am happy that you were pleased with the procedures we put in place to ensure the safety and security of our guests following the Fourth of July celebration at Bayfront Park.

Our staff will be proud to hear your kind remarks and gratitude for their service.

I am pleased and proud to count you among our guests and I look forward to your next stay. Please email me at icmiami@ihg.com prior to your next visit so that I can offer my assistance and ensure that we continue to exceed your already grand expectations of the InterContinental Miami.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stayed at the Intercontinental for our fifth time and they exceeded our expectations. Originally we had planned to stay overnight prior to a cruise leaving from Miami so made a one day reservation. later on we wanted to add to that two extra days so we could enjoy the hotel longer.

Even though we had two separate reservations they were able to keep us in the same room which we appreciated.

I wrote a review last year and in it I complained abut the toaster in Ole restaurant at the breakfast buffet taking way too long to lightly toast a couple of slices of bread. Well I am hear to tell you that at the Intercontinental hotel they do read these reviews and act accordingly. On this trip I saw a new toaster. Of course i used it and it worked perfectly. Now some people may think that is a petty thing to talk about but I assure you I heard several guests commenting about it on my last visit and thought it was a shame that at such a fantastic hotel that was what was memorable. So Ole is the perfect breakfast buffet and they staff there were very attentive.

We had a problem with our blinds not working which I tested immediately upon entering our room as we had the problem one other time during a previous stay but did not realize it until we were trying to sleep. Right away we approached the front desk staff( who tried to tell us they work opposite to the way they are labelled but in ur case they did not work at all)so they sent someone else up to fix it quickly and also followed up with us to make sure we were happy. Hint to management-perhaps this should be part of the cleaning routine as it seems not that likely that we should have twice stayed at the hotel and twice had our blinds not working so maybe there are many more.

The Blue Water Cafe out by the pool was like an Oasis for a weary traveler. The space out by the pool is lovely and my husband watched the world cup while seated at the bar overlooking the ocean while I swam.

Regarding the internet-you can get free wifi if you are an IHG club member! Just go the the IHG website and sign up and you get a number right away. it costs nothing. The connection was good enough that my son was able to complete a third year university science course exam that was timed. If you need a faster connection you can purchase that as well.

I went to the spa for a pedicure and had a nice experience there. Usually I like to have their longer 'journey pedicure" but this time I was more pressed for time. All the spa staff made me feel welcome. Vanessa did my pedicure in no time at all which I really appreciated.

We ordered room service twice and loved it.

On July 4th we watched the fireworks right outside the front entrance and then headed to the onsite Starbucks for a snack.

The doormen could not open the door fast enough for us upon entering and exiting the hotel.

The only downside to this visit was that we needed two beds as our son was traveling with us. This left us with a room with alot smaller bed than we are used to. My husband is very tall and I toss and turn like an olympic gymnast so it was impossible for us to sleep in this bed so he ended up sleeping on the floor. I don't think there is an option to have a king bed and a double or anything like that unless you mortgage the farm.

The hotel is a short cab ride ($10) to the cruise port! The cab ride from the airport was $37.
The Intercontinental remains our favourite hotel in Miami.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank shipty2

Dear shipty2,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review of InterContinental Miami. I am truly appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and I'm thrilled to hear that we exceeded your expectations.

As you noted, guest feedback is very important to us and we do take the time to read each review that we receive. Our management team then takes the appropriate action to correct any shortfalls that may have occurred. I am pleased that you were able to witness this firsthand during your breakfast in Ole when you found that we had purchased new toasters.

I do apologize that your blinds were not functioning properly. I will be sure to share your comments with our team to ensure that future guests are not inconvenienced by this.

I'm thrilled that you were able to enjoy some of the great amenities that Downtown Miami and the InterContinental Miami have to offer including our dining options, mySpa and the beautiful fireworks display.

I am most pleased to hear that you received great service from our staff. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with Vanessa and our doormen. They will be so happy to hear that their hospitality and care is appreciated.

I do apologize that you were disappointed by the size of our beds. In the future, please give us a call and inquire about our connecting InterContinental Suites. The layout of the Suites would feature one King Bed InterContinental Suite connected with a Double Bed InterContinental Suite. This would offer you and your husband the extra space that you need in order to sleep comfortably and would give your son additional privacy with his own room.

Thank you again for your feedback. I truly hope that you'll stay with us again in the future. Please email me at icmiami@ihg.com prior to your next visit so that I can offer my assistance with your reservation and ensure that we continue to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

After an intercontinental trip and smooth check in,we enter in the room.
Surprise,bathroom is dirty....Going down,ask the duty manager to see,replied make a tour around and will clean the room,offered a dinner.
After two hours and our return ,new surprise the bathroom is still partly dirty.
Unbelievable ....,going again down,this time the manager on duty was shocked,apologized dimply and offered to change and upgrade the room and several amenities plus a reduction .
Finally we spend four hours making check in to find a clean room....
For the rest the hotel is not bad,but defiantly not among the best.
Food on the steakhouse was upscale and taking out the huge amount of people all around and the few staff,is centrally located and well designed.
But all the rest is zero when a property is dirty.And this one was not by accident.
Has not even the control procedures to avoid those surprises.
Although our trip was early February,I still have the bad memory.
Better to avoid.

Room Tip: Avoid it ,dirty
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PLSPG
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Dear PLSPG,

Thank you for taking the time to share your candid feedback with us. While I am happy to hear that you were given a warm welcome and enjoyed our location and your dining experience at Toro Toro; I am disappointed that the rest of your stay did not meet your expectations.

Please know that the events you described are not reminiscent of the high level of quality and service that we strive to provide to our guests and I wish your stay hadn't been negatively impacted.

I do hope that you give us another chance to change your impression of our hotel. I am confident that if you returned you would leave with a more memorable and favorable experience.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Great location in the downtown area ,its right next to the bay. Walking distance to many shopping areas and restaurants. The hotel has plenty of amenities to enjoy, the pool is relaxing and has a cool little café/bar to enjoy for lunch and have cocktails with great views of they bay. The staff is very friendly from the cleaning service to the restaurant staff. Toro Toro is a great restaurant to visit for dinner. The spa offers a great number of services just walking in there with the dim lighting and the soothing scents is automatic relaxation. Kudos to the management of this property they operate a great hotel. Almost forget to mention, I love the dancer that illuminates at night on the side of the building. Hope to visit again soon.

Room Tip: Ask for Bay view room.

Dear JulieB320,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am so happy to hear that you had a 5-star experience and enjoyed our location, amenities and the service you received from our staff. Guest feedback is important to us and I'm so happy that we were able to offer you a memorable stay. I appreciate the recommendations that you've shared with our future guests! Thank you for the accolades but please know that without the genuine hospitality and care from our staff, our hotel wouldn't be half of what it is today. I am truly lucky to work with a great group of individuals who take great pride in their work and love what they do.

I'm so happy that you enjoyed our "Dancer in the Sky". Miami is evolving into a global Arts, Culture, Culinary & Entertainment destination. We want to be innovative and push the envelope too using technology & design. The hotel is at the center of this excitement and with our recent renovation, the InterContinental Miami now captures the pulse of the New Miami - high style, international, sophisticated, artistic, edgy, urban and fresh. The Digital Canvas with LED lights on the tower enhances the entrance with new technology, adding lighting, similar to what you see in Times Square in New York.

Thank you again for your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back. Please email me at icmiami@ihg.com prior to your next visit so that I can offer my assistance and ensure that we continue to exceed your expectations.