“Much better than expected”

InterContinental Miami
Ranked #7 of 128 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I was a bit afraid reading some of the reviews, specially given it seems there are 'hidden charges' for almost everything. In fact, I was surprised of the 13 USD daily internet charge or the response from room service that I had to pay to have 1 bowl and 1 spoon delivered to my room. I understand they were busy but most probably I would have said 'why don't you come down and fetch it'?

However the reality is the following

1. If you become a member of the rewards problem (no cost, can do it on the spot) internet is free of charge
2. Actually I suggested I found weird to pay for cuttlery delivery and void the charge
3. Got invited to complimentary starbucks coffee
4. Got a 20% discount on room service as I noted to the concierge the quality was very so-so

Re parking...you can leave the car outside the hotel for 1/2 of the price, or in any of the nearby parkings. Not such a big deal.

Broadly speaking, I feel there is a disconnect between corporate instructions and reality. Staff strive to deliver the best possible service and actually they achieve this with high standards.

Definetly I would recommend and repeat

Room Tip: Know your options for parking
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Dear Beltran S,

Thank you so much for your 5-star review of InterContinental Miami. I'm happy to hear that you were pleasantly surprised! I'm thrilled that our team was able to resolve the issues you encountered and accommodate your needs.

I truly appreciate your recommendations and accolades to our staff on the high level of service that they provided.

It was a pleasure to have had you as our guest and I hope it's not too long before you visit us again!

Arminio

Write a ReviewReviews (6,561)

Reviewed June 23, 2014

This is a gorgeous hotel in downtown Miami. We dealt with a lovely young woman at the front desk who arranged for us to get free wi-fi by signing up as a loyalty member. My first impression was how spacious the hotel is...lobby, hallways, hotel room, ensuite bathroom.

Our spacious room was beautiful, with city and partial ocean views. The king bed was very comfortable. My DH managed to score this room on Hotwire and we ended up paying ~$140, all in. Very good value for the money!

We felt safe walking along the shopping and dining area right near the hotel where there were lots of good choices to choose from (see my review for Bubba Gumps).

This was the end of our wonderful Florida vacation before heading off for a Panama Cruise the next day. Taxis are plentiful at the hotel and one of the many doormen arranged one for us immediately.

Would love to stay here again and would definitely recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear DebT57,

Thank you so much for your 5-star review of our hotel. Welcome to IHG Rewards Club and welcome to the InterContinental Miami family! I'm delighted that we gave you a great pre-cruise stay.

It's such a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful facilities, location and service. I hope you had an equally enjoyable time on your cruise and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

I would love for you to email me at icmiami@ihg.com prior to your next stay so that I can personally assist with your future reservations and ensure we continue to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

This had to one of my best Father's Day gift from my wife. The pool was quiet and great pool bar. The pool bar service was amazing. Also the concierge Eduardo Rosello gave us great restaurants referall. He made us feel part right at home. He was exceptional in his service and advise. The room was clean with a great view. We checked out at 3pm with no hassles. We would like to make this a traditional Father's DAy of coming back. Carlos R.

Room Tip: High floors.

Dear Carlos R,

Thank you so much for the fantastic remarks! I'm delighted to hear that you we were able to offer you a great father's day celebration! I'm most proud to hear that you were welcomed to the InterContinental Miami family with open arms and received great service from our staff including Rosello. We strive to ensure that our guests are given a memorable experience and I'm happy to hear that we did just that.

I truly hope that you continue to chose our hotel for your future father's day getaways! Please email me at icmiami@ihg.com so that I can offer my personal assistance with your reservations and ensure that we continue to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful hotel in downtown Miami. From the moment we arrived, the service was excellent. We were in an exceptional suite. I don't normally eat at the hotel, but dinner at ToroToro was exceptional, with perfect service. The room's view was partial ocean, but nice. It would be better if there was a quiet space to eat, but the loud bar/restaurant is your only option. Great stay -- will stay again.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Dear yatahey,

Thank you so much for your 5-star review of the InterContinental Miami. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location, accommodations and the service you received from our staff.

Toro Toro is definitely not a restaurant you'd typically find in a hotel. It has made a name for itself and is currently ranked as the number 1 restaurant in Miami on TripAdvisor! I am so glad that you enjoyed your dining experience but I do apologize that you found it to be too loud. Please note that we do have another restaurant and bar, Bluewater, which is located on the 5th floor and offers beautiful views of the bay. It is definitely a great choice for a quiet lunch.

Thank you again for your feedback. I'm delighted to hear that you would stay with us again and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

I’m not one to often write reviews....I believe my last was over 10 years ago. However, I just completed a week long stay at the InterContinental in Miami to attend my daughter's graduation and I feel compelled to share my thoughts so others might enjoy the company-wide exceptional accommodations and service my family enjoyed. The friendliness and attentiveness of every staff member we encountered was exceptional. On our first night we received the warmest of greetings from the assistant general manager Carlos, and then thoroughly enjoyed an evening (and many more) in the company of the professional, efficient and friendly Sean, Matt and Ian at the Toro Toro bar. Every morning we started our day at the beautifully appointed InterContinental Club on the 29th floor and were spoiled by the gracious and professional Florangel and her staff at the Intercontinental Club. These people take their jobs seriously and really love what they do....it shows. Thank you to all. In addition to wonderful people the facility is magnificent.....clean, modern, comfortable, breathtaking views, good food, and convenient. The only place we'll stay in Miami.

Paul

Room Tip: Hard not to want the bay view.
1  Thank Paul H

Dear Paul H,

Wow! Thank you so much for the wonderful remarks! It is truly a pleasure to hear that you had such an amazing experience with us. I am honored that you chose our hotel to celebrate your daughter's graduation. What a great accomplishment! I wish her all of the best as she starts this new chapter in her life.

We strive to ensure that each of our guests is given a warm welcome and first class service from the time they pull up to our doors and I'm proud that we did just that. The level of genuine care and hospitality displayed by our team amazes me and reviews like yours remind me of how lucky I am to work with such great individuals who truly love what they do. And as you pointed out, it shows. Without the high service standards that our team lives and works by, we would be nothing. Our team creates memorable moments and our guests don't just get good service, they get the ultimate InterContinental Miami experience. I will share your accolades and gratitude with our team and congratulate them on a job well done.

I do hope that it's not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back. I am pleased and proud to count you among our customers and welcome you to the InterContinental Miami family.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

poor service overall

Club Lounge does not open until 7AM, this is complete nonsense both business people and holiday makers can have early starts, just lazy for management not to open earlier

same with help at reception, nobody around to help with bags and check out at 6AM

I expect much more for the money paid

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2014

Dear Sam S,

Thank you for the candid feedback regarding your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that you did not have a great overall experience and I apologize for the shortcomings you described. I am disappointed to hear of your check-out experience. Please know that our front desk as well as the bell stand is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and I am sorry that you had difficulty getting assistance.

Again, I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. It is only through feedback from guests like yourself that we are able to ensure our facilitates and service are of the highest quality. I do hope that you give us another chance to change your impression of our hotel.

Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for a couple of nights before our cruise and it was a great stay.

We got to the hotel at about 2 pm and as soon as we stepped out of our taxi, we knew this place was the right choice. Beautiful hotel and the fragrance they have being pumped into the air outside is really pleasant! Mario...there isn't enough to say about Mario! He greeted us immediately, got our luggage tagged and sent to our room. Awesome first touch (hey, I'm a soccer mom)! We went inside to the front desk, were greeted with more efficiency, quick check-in, off to our room.

Angelo was getting on the elevator with our bags the same time we were going up to our room! Really nice guy.

The room was great, the view was even better! We were on the 18th floor overlooking the bay...our kids loved looking out, especially with their binoculars! :-P The beds were comfortable, the television was fine and the amount of space in the room for my family of 4 was good. The bathroom? It was a whole other room...big, beautiful and clean. Very clean. I'm a stickler for a clean bathroom! Water pressure was great. The closet space was very good and the safe worked just fine. The mini-bar area is pretty...just don't touch anything on/in it or you'll have to sell a kidney to pay for it. :-D

Room service was awesome. Food was good, hot and it came up quickly.

We got a couple of free perks since we are IHG ambassadors. That was really nice since we hadn't expected it. The free wireless internet was a nice touch. The fruit plate, the daily water bottles and the mixed nuts were also appreciated!

We didn't use the pool, but it looked nice. Toro Toro, the restaurant was nice! Had drinks there... the bartenders were fun and really nice. They had a few big tvs on with the World Cup on...great atmosphere!

Loved the Starbucks downstairs.

Walking around town right near the hotel was safe and there were a lot of good choices nearby (see my review of Pollo Tropical).

There were a few things that bugged me:

*the outlets on the side of my bed didn't work. We called about it and we were told there would be an electrician to fix it the day we were checking out. Huh? Ok. (We were comped, but with a hotel of this caliber, ALL the outlets should be working!)

*in order to print something in the business center, there was a fee. A fee to print a few pages for a loyal customer? Huh? Ok.

*Ouch to the valet parking fee! In all fairness, it gives you in/out privileges. But $39 per day (and the drivers probably expect a tip on to of that)? Huh? Alright.

Minor bumps, but I had to mention them.

I would absolutely stay here again. This hotel is pretty sexy. LOL! We stayed with our children, but a stay without children would probably be lots of fun! You can't go wrong with this hotel...go for it and have fun.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear MagMagoo,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the InterContinental Miami. It is a pleasure to hear that you and your family had a great experience during your pre-cruise stay. We strive to ensure that each of our guests is given a warm welcome and 5-star service from the moment that they pull up to our doors and I'm proud that we did just that. I appreciate your accolades to Mario and Angelo who helped to make your stay brighter. They will be thrilled to know that their genuine hospitality didn't go unnoticed.

As one of our valued IHG Rewards Club Ambassador members, I truly value your feedback and I apologize for the shortcomings that you described. However, I am glad that they did not impact your overall satisfaction and I look forward to having you stay with us again.

I ask that you email me at icmiami@ihg.com prior to your next visit so that I can personally assist with your reservation and ensure that we continue to exceed your expectations and offer you the ultimate InterContinental Miami experience. I look forward to your return.