I was a bit afraid reading some of the reviews, specially given it seems there are 'hidden charges' for almost everything. In fact, I was surprised of the 13 USD daily internet charge or the response from room service that I had to pay to have 1 bowl and 1 spoon delivered to my room. I understand they were busy but most probably I would have said 'why don't you come down and fetch it'?
However the reality is the following
1. If you become a member of the rewards problem (no cost, can do it on the spot) internet is free of charge
2. Actually I suggested I found weird to pay for cuttlery delivery and void the charge
3. Got invited to complimentary starbucks coffee
4. Got a 20% discount on room service as I noted to the concierge the quality was very so-so
Re parking...you can leave the car outside the hotel for 1/2 of the price, or in any of the nearby parkings. Not such a big deal.
Broadly speaking, I feel there is a disconnect between corporate instructions and reality. Staff strive to deliver the best possible service and actually they achieve this with high standards.
Definetly I would recommend and repeat
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Shining Star Among Downtown Miami Hotels Miami is truly one of the world's most vibrant tropical playgrounds. In this stunning locale, a pulsing nightlife, brilliant white-sand beaches, and sizzling culture combine for the perfect getaway. Stay at the InterContinental Miami to savor the best of this colorful city. Our alluring downtown Miami hotel offers richly appointed accommodations and breathtaking views of Biscayne Bay. Immerse yourself in luxurious elegance - just minutes from South Beach, the Port of Miami, Coconut Grove, and Coral Gables. Boasting 641 newly redecorated guest rooms and suites, we're an oasis of sophistication and world-class service. Discover this enchanting downtown Miami Florida hotel, in a magical setting: * Overlooking Biscayne Bay, in the heart of Miami, Florida * Minutes from South Beach, the Port of Miami, Coconut Grove, and Coral Gables* Only 7.5 miles from Miami International Airport (MIA)* Just 25 miles from Fort Lauderdale International Airport (FLL)Indulge In Unrivaled Luxury At Our Hotel In Downtown Miami Our 34-story downtown Miami hotel provides dazzling views and spacious guest rooms and suites. Take advantage of 101,000 square feet of meeting space. Rejuvenate in our state-of-the-art fitness center and mySpa. Whether you're visiting for business or pleasure, this deluxe hotel in downtown Miami offers everything you need for an unforgettable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your InterContinental Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.