“Stayed here for 3 days... very nice hotel”

InterContinental Miami
Ranked #8 of 121 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Ottawa, Canada
“Stayed here for 3 days... very nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip. Here is my review:

Parking: There is no guest parking in the hotel. Only valet parking. Costs $39/- per day. Valet service is fast and efficient.

Hotel Entrance: A bit poorly designed since the luggage ramp is pretty steep. However, there are bell boys available to help cart your luggage.

Check-In: Very friendly, fast and pleasant experience

Concierge: Very friendly and helpful.

Rooms: Nice ambiance, especially the bay facing rooms. The Washrooms are clean and nice. The only complaint I have is that the water pressure in the wash basin was too low due to water saving pressure inhibitors. The water pressure in the shower was pretty good. Note that shower gel is not provided, perhaps something that the hotel management should be cheap about.

Breakfast: Good choice and mostly ok service. The person at the omelette station was no where to be seen on couple of days I went down for breakfast.

ToroToro: Excellent service, very friendly staff, nice food. The small plates are not that small, so are excellent value for money.

Location: Just superb location. The views from the pool restaurant on the 5th floor is very nice.\

SUMMARY: Very nice experience. very nice hotel and staff. I will recommend this to friends and family, and definitely will be back.

Room Tip: Choose the bay facing rooms
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank goadude
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear goadude,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I appreciate your recommendations. I am glad that you had the opportunity to explore some of the great amenities that the InterContinental Miami and Downtown Miami have to offer.

I am most happy to hear that you plan to return. It would be great if you emailed me at icmiami@ihg.com with additional details of your stay. I want to offer my assistance with your future reservations and ensure that we continue to offer you great experiences.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Arminio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,228)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

Located conveniently at Bayside and adjacent to down town, InterContinental Miami really impressed you when you stepped into the lobby. The several lighting structures and big touch screen tables in the lobby area makes make it a futuristic feeling.

Check in process was smooth and staff very friendly. My room was spacious, facing the bay, in fact quite big, and bright with lots of sun light coming in from window. Bathroom has enough lighting and closet is inside the bathroom. Amenities are sufficient including big screen TV, adjustable thermostat, safe, ironing board and iron, ipod docking, writing deck. Mattress is comfortable. Window blinds are electrically-powered and was controlled beside the bed.

The hotel has very nice pool and spa. There is a pool side bar and a small café around the pool which is very good to spend an afternoon relaxing at it. The hotel also has a famous steak restaurant called Torotoro. I visited one evening for dinner but did not find the food very impressive.

My wife complained that there is not even a full size mirror in the room. One of the 2 telephones was not working. Other than that the room was fine. I also accessed to the club lounge on 29th floor, where snacks and breakfast was served. The closing time of the lounge was a bit early at 8:00pm.

While the service at reception was very good, other staff of the hotel, including concierge and bell service, did not seem to keep up with it.

The Bayside Market Place is just 15 minutes walk away from the hotel where it is a pleasant walk and lots of shops and restaurants, and terminus of Big Bus. The American Airlines Arena is a few minutes further down the way.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CLau888
Dear CLau888,

Thank you so much for your review of the InterContinental Miami. I appreciate the great feedback that you provided to us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our location, beautiful facilities and atmosphere. I apologize for the shortcomings you described. I am especially disappointed that our staff did not meet your expectations. Please know that we strive to provide 5-star service to all of our guests and I am saddened that this was not the case.

I would love to obtain additional details regarding your stay. I ask that you please email me at icmiami@ihg.com at your earliest convenience so that I can ensure your next visit is a flawless one.

I do hope that you'll visit us again soon.

Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

Visited the hotel during the last week of May. It is worth staying, very nice, clean, polite helpful staff, good location. As members of IHG Rewards we had complimentary internet, which was great. All the good sides together :-) Coming from Europe, where in almost all the hotels the breakfast is included in the room rate, the breakfast (at least for me) was a bit expensive, but it was good.
I would definitely re-stay again in my next trip.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Blon d,

Thank you so much for your review of the InterContinental Miami. I am so happy that you had a great overall stay. It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests enjoyed the location, service and spacious accommodations and I'm even more thrilled that you enjoyed the great benefits of being one of our valued IHG Reward Club members.

It's great that you plan to return and I would love to obtain additional details of your stay so that I can better assist you with future reservations and ensure that we continue to provide you with the ultimate InterContinental experience. Please email me at icmiami@ihg.com at your earliest convenience. I look forward to hearing from you.

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

I am an avid traveler and have just become acquainted with the trip advisor phenomenon, but I just wanted to take the time to commend this hotel on there amenities, location, and customer service. What a well trained staff they have. Keep up the good work definitely worth the price.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Toms1989s
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Toms1989s,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. It is a pleasure to hear that you had a 5-star experience during your recent stay and decided to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor. I am so happy that you enjoyed our hotel's amenities, location and top of the line service. It makes a huge difference when you work with great individuals who truly love with they do and I am proud that you had the opportunity to witness our staff's genuine hospitality.

I do hope it's not too long before you visit us again. Please email me at icmiami@ihg.com prior to your next stay so that I can be sure we continue to exceed your expectations and offer you the ultimate InterContinental Miami experiences.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

We had a Beautiful Room with panoramic view of the Harbor. Amenities and services were top notch and courteous . Valet parking was convenient and ToroToro was very chic, food was delicious. Only 25 mins from the airport. We highly recommend this Hotel

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Carl B
Dear Carl B,

Thank you so much for your fantastic remarks! I am thrilled that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay including your dining experience at Toro Toro. It is truly a pleasure to hear that we exceeded your expectations and I appreciate the recommendations that you have shared with our future guests.

I hope that you will visit us again during your next trip to Miami.

Miami Shores, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

When deciding on a location for my daughters birthday, I wanted a place with class, scenery, and the magic that Miami has to offer. The InterContinental Miami was everything I expected and then some.

Our experience with the staff was supervene. Everyone from bellman, front desk, housekeeping, and many other staff members I left behind were friendly; always encouraging for our stay to be top notch. I wanted to formally thank Ms. Flora Angel, The Club Supervisor for her attentiveness and professionalism at all times. She was welcoming; embracing our family including the little ones. She offered them cookies and hot chocolate; definitely a moment they remember from their stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Beverly R,

Thank you so much for your review of InterContinental Miami. I am so happy to hear that we were able to offer your daughter a memorable experience for her birthday. I'm pleased that we exceeded your expectations! We strive to ensure that each and every one of our guests is given a warm welcome and superior service throughout their stay. I appreciate your accolades to Flor for her genuine hospitality and attentiveness. I will be sure to share your comments and thank her for the 5-star service that she continues to deliver to our guests.

It was a pleasure to have had you as our guest and I look forward to your return.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Gorgeous hotel with a staff that delivered world class service! Bar and lobby definitely have the Miami vibe. I will definitely stay again on my next trip to Miami. Great location too...only $17 can to south beach and 4 block away from American Airlines arena. Go Miami Heat!

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Zuzana B,

Thank you so much for your review of InterContinental Miami. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our gorgeous facility, convenient location and service you received from our staff. I am thrilled to hear that you plan to return and would love for you to email me at icmiami@ihg.com so that I can offer my assistance with your next reservation and ensure that we continue to exceed your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.