“Great hotel for every need”

InterContinental Miami
Ranked #7 of 125 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Hard working and happy employees are the sign of a well run business. Intercontinental Miami has it hands down. With my 2nd 4 night stay at this hotel, I couldn't be more impressed with the staff. From the bellboys to the managers, they are willing to please, ready to help, always with a smile. You can feel the positive energy flow when you walk in- they care! Professional, luxurious, fantastic!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Dear suej572014,

Thank you so much for your wonderful remarks. I'm so happy to hear that you were able to witness the genuine care and hospitality that our staff possesses. I am so lucky to work with individuals who truly take pride in their work and love what they do. We strive to ensure that all of our guests walk away with a memorable experience and our staff willingly go above and beyond to do so. It is what keeps guests, like yourself, coming back time and time again!

Your accolades are much appreciated and I do hope that you will visit us again soon for round 3! It would be great if you could email me at icmiami@ihg.com prior to your next stay so that I can ensure we continue to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

To summarize my stay, I'm sharing the email I sent out to the manager.

Hi *****

I'm writing to you after I stayed in your hotel for about 4 days, in review to an outstanding, and beyond satisfactory service.

I have encountered great reception and help from your employees, namely Ousmane Balde, the guy that works at the Bell, carrying baggage and so forth.

I asked him for directions, and he was very gracious in providing A+ detailed guidance, and insisted to give me his number in case I get lost (which I did) and continued to guide me over the phone until I got to my destination.

I simply would like to highlight his effort and the impression he created, which will entice me to visit the interContinental in Miami again in my future trips, as well as recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Choose the room on the side of the water, its got a gorgeous view!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

Dear Omaraali,

Thank you so much for your review of the InterContinental Miami. I am so happy to hear that you had a 5-star experience and enjoyed your stay. I am most proud of the exemplary service that you received from Ousmane throughout your stay. It is truly a pleasure to hear that he was instrumental in making your stay memorable. The genuine hospitality and care that our colleagues demonstrate is what keeps our guests coming back time and time again. I will share your wonderful remarks and thank him for the 5-star service that he continues to deliver.

I appreciate your recommendations and the thoughtful letter. I hope that it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

We had a concert to attend in Miami and figured why not spend the night down there. We got corporate rates through a family member and decided we'd stay at the Intercontinental in Miami. We were very pleased with our choice as the amenities were great and the hotel itself served every need we could possibly have. The room was very spacious and had an open layout which gave it a large feel. The hotel offers rooms with views of the city as well as partial water views. We had a city view and were pleased with it. We had to buzz concierge a few times and they were more than happy to oblige in a timely manner.

The service throughout the hotel is top notch and I would certainly return here for another stay. The breakfast buffet options were surprising and a rather large selection for a breakfast buffet. The staff is always smiling and willing to accommodate in a very pilot manner. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom is behind the bed, separated by a wall which I liked for not waking up anyone in the room when you have to get up in the middle of the night.

All in all it was a pleasant stay with great service and it is definitely a hotel I would recommend to friends in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Request a city or water view so ur not stuck looking at another building.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jeff G

Dear Jeff G,

Thank you so much for your fantastic remarks! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and received great service from our staff. I hope that you had an equally enjoyable time at your concert!

There are definitely no bad views from our hotel. Whether it be the breathtaking views of the bay, relaxing views of guests sitting poolside enjoying a summer cocktail or the hustle and bustle of the city; you will not be disappointed! I always encourage guests to experience a different view each time they stay with us. It's a fun way to see different areas of the city all from the comfort of your room.

I appreciate your recommendations and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Dear Arminio, i must congratulate you for the wonderful hotel you are running. As we both know, the most important asset in a hotel are the employees, and you have an amazing crew, since the bellboys to the managers Must stand out the great and unique service provided from Florangel Torres who was always available and very helpful. Also from Lily (front desk), Charly, Johny, Aristides and Flavia from the lounge whom alltogether allowed us to enjoy a great experience. Will certainly be glad to be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Alan G,

Thank you so much for your wonderful remarks! I definitely agree. Our hotel would be nothing without the amazing staff that I have been lucky enough to work it. It is truly a pleasure to see the genuine hospitality and care that our colleagues have and I'm proud that you were able to witness it firsthand. I appreciate your accolades to a few of our colleagues who were able to make your stay memorable and I will be sure to share your kind words with them.

It was truly a pleasure to have you and I look forward to your return.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Used my points to stay here one night before a cruise and we couldn't have been happier. Our bayview room was modern – not "dated"...geez – well-appointed, and extremely large. When we checked in, the gal at the front desk was extremely professional, friendly and gave us the bayview for only $10...well worth it. The hotel was spotless, didn't see any stained carpet, the bed was about as comfortable as could be, and the staff throughout the hotel was gracious and accommodating. How anyone could complain about this place is beyond me.

Bayside is just about an eight minute walk from the hotel, and offers live music, lots of restaurants and shops....and it's safe. The cab ride to the Port of Miami took about 10 minutes, and cost about $10.

The InterContinental is now our "go to" hotel in Miami for pre and post-cruise stays. Can't imagine staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: Get a bayview room if possible. The windows are about eight feet wide, and about four feet high...gr...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Dear Linerguy,

Thank you so much for your review of InterContinental Miami. I'm thrilled to hear that we were able to offer you a great pre-cruise stay. It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests enjoyed our clean and comfortable accommodations, convenient location and most importantly the 5-star service from our staff. It was a pleasure to have had you as our guest and I hope that it won't be too long before you visit us again.

Welcome to the IC Miami family, I appreciate your loyalty. Please be sure to email me prior to your next visit so that I can personally assist you with your reservation and ensure that we continue to offer you flawless experiences. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Reviewed June 4, 2014

A classy hotel in the heart of Miami. Definitely do not miss the lunch buffet at Toro Toro. Ask for Georgi Velichokov as your waiter. His outstanding service, wise recommendations and smile make the experience a pleasure!

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear jupiterthinks,

Thank you so much for the wonderful remarks! I am so happy to hear that you had a great experience at the InterContinental Miami and enjoyed your meal at Toro Toro. I am excited to announce that we will be changing up our lunch menu soon. You have to come back and try the great new options! Georgi is a great asset to our team and he will be happy to hear that you appreciated his wonderful recommendations and top of the line service.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Thanks to the great staff at this great hotel, I was able to get the perfect room! Pierre and Ilana couldn't have been more accommodating! I needed a quiet 24 hours away and this hotel fit the bill. It's close to the Bayshore Stores and restaurants which makes it more fitting to travel along the Bay and it's beautiful view!

Room Tip: The view of the Biscayne Bay is relaxing and breathtaking!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Michele L,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. It is a pleasure to hear that Pierre and Ilana were able to accommodate your needs and ensure that you had a great getaway. I'm glad you know you can count on us for a calm and peaceful retreat and I'm happy that you were able to enjoy some of the wonderful amenities that Downtown Miami has to offer.

I do hope it's not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back. Please email me at icmiami@ihg.com if I can be of any assistance to you in the future.