“Electric Bike Experience”

Ranked #7 of 122 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
“Electric Bike Experience”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Me and my wife were in Miami for the first and want and easy way to see the south beach. We rented the Electric Bike from the hotel and it was a great way to get a around and see the beaches and get around. We have a awesome with experience with the Bike and Ray was really great in helping and getting setup for the ride.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Dear Vicky R,

Thank you so much for your review. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the electric bikes! They are so much fun and a great way to explore all that Miami has to offer. The Key Biscayne bike trail is my personal favorite! A great way to see Miami and understand why it is one of the top places to visit in the world. I couldn't be happier to hear that Ray was nothing but helpful and welcoming towards you. I will be sure to share your accolades with him.

I'm glad you and your wife enjoyed your first trip to Miami and I hope that it won't be your last! Please visit us again soon.

Arminio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,286)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
La Mesa, California
Reviewed May 16, 2014

This hotel had received rave reviews and we were not disappointed. Everything service, facilities, staff were exceptional.We had booked early and acquired a very good rate so even though we say worth the splurge we would say do not overlook this property even if you think the rate is more. It is so convienently located to downtown, Biscayne Bay and South Beach. We were celebrating my retirement and had recieved complimentary champagne (Hint sign up for the IHG program) which also gave us discounts for dining and free internet.

We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Biscayne Bay view is exceptional !
Green Features: Awesome and conscientious, we are keen on the idea of not washing towels and bedding every day when a guest stays more than a couple of nights. (save our environment.)
Dear Hokenson,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review! I am thrilled to hear that we exceeded your expectations and gave you a great start to your retirement! I am so glad that you enjoyed our service, location and staff. The views of the bay are amazing! I'm always happy when our guests are able to take out the time to enjoy life's simple pleasures and beauty.

Cheers to your retirement and many more visits to the InterContinental Miami! We look forward to your return. Please email me at icmiami@ihg.com prior to your next visit so that I can ensure we continue to exceed your expectations and offer you another 5-star experience.

Australia
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Stayed here to see the Heat play. Checked in nice and early (midday) for our bay view room and acknowledged we would not be able to access our room till the afternoon. Returned after the game and a stroll through the markets to find we had been allocated a city view room. Many discussions with management achieved no solution (presumably due to the demand from the game they allocated our room to someone else). With no choice we accepted a reduction in the rate to the room type we were allocated and, following complaints to the manager next day on checkout were comped our breakfast. Very nice hotel with great views of the bay and a good location but customer service is lacking. Smooth talking pretty boy manager on the day was irritating with his cover up routine. Stayed here before and was quite happy but would have to reconsider any future stay.

Room Tip: Bay view rooms are great
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear blueswarrior,

Thank you for sharing feedback on your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoy our convenient location and great views. However, I am disappointed that the service you received fell below your expectations. I wish your stay hadn't been impacted and apologize for the inconvenience.

I would like to obtain additional details from you and ask that you please email me at icmiami@ihg.com so that I can follow-up with you personally. While you state your hesitation to return, I hope that you will give us another chance to change your impression.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Mexicali, Mexico
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I traveled with a group of 21 people and wanted to stay in a nice hotel before our cruise, well... we loved this hotel, the location is nice, walking distance to a park that has a jogging trail, cafes and department stores also nearby.
The hotel is modern, very well kept. Staff is attentive and friendly. Rooms are large and also the bathrooms. Had room service and was good.
Would recommended without hesitation.
Excelent value for the price we paid.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear karla014,

Thank you so much for your review of the InterContinental Miami. I am so happy to hear that we were able to give you a great pre-cruise stay and wonderful start to your vacation. It is always nice when our guests love everything from our location, to the spacious accommodations and 5-star service from our staff.

I appreciate your recommendations and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

Flor Angel at the Executive lounge was fantastic! She was always supporting with any request, very friendly and always willing to provide a better experience. This makes a difference when travelling and hosting events!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Francherny,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review of the InterContinental Miami. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and received excellent service from Flor. It is such a pleasure to work with her and the rest of the staff in the Club Lounge. No request is ever too great for this team and they will go above and beyond to ensure that our guests are satisfied.

Thank you again for your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Stayed here for three nights using reward points, On check in we were given access to the club on the 29th floor which served an excellent complimentary breakfast every morning and drinks from 6pm until 8pm every day.
The room was a large with a King bed and views towards the town and the Miami Heat stadium.
A five minute walk will take you to Bayside marketplace with a number of shops, bars and resturants, there are also boat and bus tours available there.
Altogether staff and hotel first class
There is an Alamo car hire desk in the hotel which I enquired about hiring a car for a day and was quoted around $80, went online to Alamo and got the same car to be picked up from the same desk for $42

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Gojoglobal,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review of our hotel. I am thrilled to hear that you had a perfect stay and enjoyed the hotel's location, accommodations and offerings in the Club Lounge. I am most pleased to hear that you received first class service from our staff!

I look forward to welcoming you back. I hope that you will reach out to me prior to your next stay by emailing icmiami@ihg.com so that I can ensure we continue to exceed your expectations and provide you with a 5-star experience.

Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We did not expect this hotel to be as nice as it was. Beautiful open concept lobby. Our room was very nice and the bathroom was quite palatial. Our window looked over Biscayne Bay. Also, a great liquor store was in walking distance so we were able to purchase two fine wines to take on our RCL cruise. We will definitely stay here again when in Miami.

Dear Marni2014,

Thank you so much for your 5-star review. It is always nice to hear that we exceeded our guests' expectations and I'm thrilled that you were pleasantly surprised by our lobby and beautifully appointed accommodations complete with breathtaking views of the bay.

I am so happy to hear that you plan to return! I would love to obtain additional details regarding your stay and future visits. Please email me at icmiami@ihg.com so that I can assist with any future reservations and ensure that we continue to exceed your already high expectations of the InterContinental Miami.