“Great Hotel!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Ottawa, Canada
“Great Hotel!”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Very nice hotel.. Downtown Miami close to the Metromover and Bayside Marketplace. This hotel is away from the hustle and bustle of South Beach and its crazy prices but is still an easy access via bus or taxi.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear LRBen,

Thank you for taking the time to post details of your stay. I'm pleased to hear that you had a 5-star experience. Our prime location puts everything that Miami has to offer at your fingertips and I'm thrilled that you enjoyed our proximity to Bayside, the Metromover and South Beach.

I hope it's not too long before you stay with us again. Please email me at interconmiami@gmail.com so that I can obtain additional details of your stay and offer my assistance with any future bookings.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Arminio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,293)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Three years ago, I booked this hotel through an online site, and I was moved to another hotel because they were "overbooked". When I was made aware through the blind booking site, that my hotel would be the InterContinental Miami, I called and asked for a different hotel, explaining what happened to me before. I was assured that that was an anomaly, and wouldn't happen again. Well, I arrived, walked up to check in, the young lady asked for my ID, and again, instead of handing me a room card, she walks to the back office area. I thought no way is this happening again, so I told myself to calm down. She comes back out about 3-5 minutes later, and tells me that she "has good news and bad news, that the hotel is overbooked, but they have arranged a comparable hotel for me". I explained to her that this happened before and that it was unacceptable. She goes to the back office to speak with someone, comes back out and tells me again that there is nothing else she can do. She offers to pay for a taxi, and I tell her that I am driving, and don't need a taxi. I tell her that I will take breakfast buffet vouchers instead, and she agrees. I tell her that I want it in writing that the hotel that they are sending us to, will have 2 doubles, because the last time, they stuck the 5 of us in a room with one bed. Well, she goes to the back office again for another 10 minutes, and comes back out to tell me that they can't find another hotel with more than 1 bed. She tells me that they need more time to work on it, an asked for my cell number. While waiting in the lobby, I placed a call to the online site, that I booked through, and explained what was going on. The agent put me on hold while he placed a call to the hotel. A couple of minutes later, the agent comes back on to tell me, that the hotel would not be moving us after all. A few minutes later, the hotel calls me, to tell me that they have a room for us.
We got a room on the 14th floor with a partial view of the bay. The room was clean, large and well decorated. We really loved the spacious bathroom. We got a kick out of being able to operate the blinds from the comfort of our beds. Speaking of the beds, they were one of the most comfortable beds, that I ever slept in. Once you actually get checked into the hotel, I think that it is worthy of the great reviews on Tripadvisor. By the way, we were allowed to keep the breakfast vouchers and enjoyed breakfast before heading to the Port of Miami for our cruise.

3 Thank gelo7
Dear gelo7,

Thank you so much for sharing details of your stay at the InterContinental Miami. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your comfortable and spacious accommodations and view of the bay.

However, I am very disappointed to hear about your check-in experience. Please know I understand your frustration. These events are not a common occurrence and I wish your stay hadn't been negatively impacted.

I hope you will give us the chance to change your impression of the InterContinental Miami. I am confident that if you returned you would have a more memorable and favorable visit. Please email me at interconmiami@gmail.com prior to your next visit so that I can ensure this does not happen again.

Washington DC
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed here prior to a cruise. Family of 3. The service was excellent, and the location was great. Make sure you check out the pool. The beds were super comfy and the entire hotel was extremely clean.

Dear TheTravelingFoley,

Thank you so much for sharing details of your time with us in Miami. It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay. I'm glad that our location was well-suited for your needs and that you received excellent service from our staff. You can always count on us for a clean and comfortable stay along with a 5-star experience! I hope you had a wonderful time on your cruise. It was a pleasure to have had you as our guest.

Lodi, New Jersey
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I was in town for a work event during one of the most busy weeks on record for this hotel (Spring Break). On Thursday night I was able to spend some time hanging out at Toro Toro the great restaurant inside the hotel and this is what made the entire trip worth it. Alina the bartender was incredible (A+++). The level of service she provided was top notch and she's great for some fun conversation. The food was great and I always try and have the empanadas. As for the hotel side of things, when I checked in I was greeted by the smiling face of Lili and she really went above and beyond to get me checked in quickly and out since I was late to a meeting (Thank you United Airlines). She offered to help me print some things which was a HUGE help and again an A+++ rating for her as well. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Frank M,

Thank you for taking the time to post details of your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your time with us. It is always nice to hear that our guests received 5-star service from every member of our staff and I will be sure to personally thank Alina and Li Li for their help in making your stay memorable.

I am delighted to hear that you would definitely stay with us again. I would love for you to reach out to me by emailing interconmiami@gmail.com so that I can obtain additional details about your experience and extend my assistance for any future bookings.

Thank you again for your feedback. I look forward to your return.

Regard,
New York
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Usually stay in South Beach but wanted to be close to University of Miami for a visit. Hotel lobby was slightly reminiscent of a las vegas hotel which was fun. Starbucks in lobby made life easy. Room was comfortable and quite large with great views. No complaints except for pool area where there is no service at all. Room service was great as was housekeeping. Can"t go wrong with this hotel if location works for you and you don't need a beach.

Dear faige,

Thank you so much for sharing details of your recent visit to the InterContinental Miami. I am thrilled to hear that you loved your stay with us! It is only through feedback like yours that we can ensure our facilities and services are superior. With that being said, I am disappointed that the service you received in the pool area fell below your expectations. I will share your comments with our team so that we can make the necessary improvements.

I hope it won't be too long before you visit us again.

Tappan, New York
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We arrived way before check in at approximately 10:00. Our room was ready by 1:00. In between our bags were held and we had access to the pool. The service was beyond excellent. Courteous, polite, and professional are just the beginning. We were told the areas to dine at and where we can find entertainment.

We has also been in contact with the hotel staff prior to arrival. We have been together for one year now and had asked if there was a room with a view available. We were given a room with a spectacular view. The room itself is gorgeous and we could not be more pleased with the way we have been treated.

We were treated so well upon arrival and check in that we felt compelled to write a review almost immediately.

We are checked into the hotel now and couldn't be enjoying our stay anymore. A big thank you to the Intercontinental and all of the staff.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Mcleary4
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Mcleary4,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review! It's always a pleasure to hear that our guests are receiving 5-star treatment and were given a warm welcome from our staff. We take great pride in delivering top-of-the-line service and I'm proud that your stay has been excellent so far. I am glad that we were able to honor your request so that you had the pleasure of enjoying the breathtaking views. The views from our hotel are wonderful and make for a peaceful, relaxing getaway all without ever having to leave the comfort of your room.

Your wonderful remarks will be shared with our team! They will be thrilled to know that their hard work and dedication to our guests doesn't go unnoticed. Please email me at interconmiami@gmail.com so that I ensure the rest of your stay is just as flawless.

Wishing you a happy one-year anniversary!

Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed April 20, 2014

These folks know how to operate a five star hotel. From the greeting upon arrival (by the curbside bellman) through the front desk we knew we would enjoy our pre-cruise stay (3 days) over the Easter Weekend (hotel was very busy). Besides all the extra special attention, we need to especially note the superb work by the staff in the Executive Club. Starting with the manager Franangel, and her entire staff, we were really impressed with the Absolute Hospitality they extended to us AND everyone else in the lounge. This is not our first time here, and we will stay here anytime we come to Miami!

To the staff of the Intercontinental, THANK YOU ALL.

Room Tip: When checking in look to upgrade to the Club level