“Great Hotel Toro Toro Bar is the Best Aspect of the Hotel”

InterContinental Miami
Ranked #7 of 122 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Vero Beach, Florida
“Great Hotel Toro Toro Bar is the Best Aspect of the Hotel”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

When in Miami on business, I have been staying at the Intercontinental. I am a seasoned and veteran traveler and know that every pale has its good and bad aspects. Intercontinental's good aspects are its convenient location for business and its comfortable rooms with terrific views. The hotel staff is good, although the delays for check in and check out could be managed better.

The restaurants are not too dazzling. Breakfast is the best meal, but when breakfast is the best meal that should tell you something. Plus, there is a Toro Toro bar. It is common knowledge the best thing to do is to have a drink (or drinks?) at the hotel bar before dining elsewhere and then come back for after dinner drinks before retiring for the evening.

If you are lucky enough to have Alina (I think I have the spelling right) as your server, you are in for a perfectly made cocktail from a mixologist who exudes consummate professionalism. We had a large (and at times loud) party and she acted with grace under pressure. The drinks were great and she even made suggestions for some of the ladies in our party that went over very well.

I highly recommend Toro Toro as the place to start and end the night in Miami!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bay view.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Brian F
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Brian F,

Thank you for your review of the InterContinental Miami and Toro Toro. Our prime location and beautiful views makes us a top choice among travelers and I'm thrilled that you had the opportunity to enjoy all that the InterContinental Miami and downtown Miami has to offer.

Thank you for your accolades to the staff at Toro Toro bar who were able to give you and your friends a great start to your evening, I will be sure to share your comments with them. Why not spend your whole evening at Toro Toro?! The drinks are great, the food is amazing and we're now featuring a live DJ every Sunday and Friday night. I highly recommend that you check it out the next time you're in town!

Again, thank you for your feedback and loyalty to our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Hopefully less work and more play this time!

Arminio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,286)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
NY/Westport/Provence
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I have the phrase 'The Intercontinetal Experience' because I am a Platinum/ambassador member for many years and stay at this chain 80% of the time when traveling for work or pleasure. THis was my first time at the Miami IHG and it did not disappoint. From the moment you arrive until you leave…..the staff in all areas are exemplary. The wonderful men who greet you at the entrance, charming and 'can do anything to make your stay perfect' Rodrigo at the Ambassador desk, the people who work by the pool and most…one of the best 'Club Rooms and Club Room Staff' in any of the IHG's in the U.S. The club room served a wonderful breakfast, tea and drinks and appetizers but it was the amazing warmth and professionalism of the staff run by Florangel, a woman who is a TOP representative for IHG and should be running her own IHG hotel at some point. Hert hospitality, warmth, quiet attention to keeping her WONDERFUL staff (Hector, Flavia,Yoni and Boris) on top of every guest's needs was unparalleled by any other manager of a Club Room in all IHG's in the U.S. We were upgraded to a beautiful duplex with a view of the harbor and the room was just lovely and appointed with style with two modern and spacious bathrooms, two giant televisions (one in the siting area and one in the bedroom) , tons of closet space and the room shined from being so clean. Ah…ah..ah…those IHG beds……don't worry about falling asleep when you have the pleasure of sleeping on one of these comfy beds that lull you to sleep. The ambassador reps (besides Rodrigo) were keeping tabs to make sure we were very happy and the hotel truly made you feel cared for in a 5* manner. The lobby is great for a drink or there is the top restaurant 'Toro Toro' for one of the best meals in Miami. The Grill on the 5th floor by the pool is wonderful for lunch and that view. What can I say…..another amazing 'Intercontinental Experience

Room Tip: Join the IHG rewards club !
2 Thank LeTerrible
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear LeTerrible,

Wow, thank you so much for your wonderful remarks about our hotel and staff. As a valued Ambassador member, I'm pleased and proud to count you among our customers and appreciate your loyalty to the InterContinental Brand. Comments like yours remind me of how lucky I am to work with such wonderful people who take great pride in caring for our guests. It is through their service and genuine hospitality that we are able to set ourselves apart from the competition. It is such an honor for you to name our Club Floor and Club Floor Staff as one of the best in the IHG Family! Our team really goes above and beyond to make our guests feel welcomed and it's evident that they love what they do which makes all of the difference.

Thank you for naming a few of our staff who really stood out and made your stay memorable. I'll be sure to share your kind words with them and thank them for their continued service. It was a pleasure to have had you as our guest and since you had such a great experience, I'm sure it won't be too long before you visit us again!

Surrey
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel in a great location with outstanding staff. We travel a lot and can honestly say this hotel is close to faultless. The concierge desk is the most helpful we have ever used. Room was spotless and and the bed very comfortable.Check in and check out also very good, A polite efficient hotel with good food and a nice bar. Cannot recommend it enough next time we are in Miami I know we're we will stay.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BerlindaSurrey
Dear BerlindaSurrey,

Thank you so much for your wonderful remarks. It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests were given a 5-star experience and had a flawless stay. Our concierge team is AMAZING and I'm glad that they were able to make your stay memorable. I will be sure to share your accolades with them.

Thank you again for your great recommendations. In an effort to better serve you, it would be great if you could email me at interconmiami@gmail.com so that I can obtain additional details regarding your stay and offer my assistance with your future bookings.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

DC
Reviewed April 3, 2014

it was our first time in Miami and we are so glad that we booked in InterContinental. Every staff member smiles at you and makes sure you are happy with your stay. Very eager to help tourists find their way in Miami. The location of the hotel is really central, an 7-8 mnts walk and you are at bayside with all the restaurants and cocktail bars, free metro few steps away from the hotel, few steps and you reach free bus/trolley that takes you to many places in downtown. The room was spacious and very clean, Just to be precise it was a tiny bit dusty around the bed area. you feel you are in a 4+ star hotel. They have a nice small pool with a bar next to it , although we didn't go in the pool, we had lunch. it is relatively pricey, but the food was good quality, and a great view to the ocean.

Everyone was friendly with us but I wanted to mention Henroy who really went above and beyond to make our stay pleasant. From helping with directions, helping with the luggage, helping with bicycle rental. He always helped us with a smile on his face, it is obvious he loves his job and that reflects on the hotel guests.

keep up the good work and please maintain the service quality. Next time we go to Miami we know for sure when we are going to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear freetraveler2007,

Thank you so much for sharing details of your recent stay with us. It is always a pleasure to hear that we truly "wowed" our guests and I'm thrilled that you walked away feeling like you received top-of-the-line service! Our central location puts everything that Miami has to offer at our guests' fingertips and I'm glad that you were able to enjoy the many amenities that are offered by the city and InterContinental Miami.

What I am most proud of is that each and every staff member greeted you with a smile and ensured that all of your needs were met. We have a beautiful facility, great amenities and we are in a great location but it is our staff that really makes us stand out from the crowd. I am grateful to work with such wonderful people who take pride in their work and truly love what they do. I am glad that you were able to experience this type of dedication and hospitality firsthand. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with Henroy and thank him for a job well done!

I am pleased to hear that you plan to return to our hotel in the future. Please email me at interconmiami@gmail.com so that I may obtain additional details regarding your stay and extend my assistance in making your next booking.

Thank you again for your lovely review, it was a pleasure to have had you as our guest.

Parkland, Florida
Reviewed April 1, 2014

My wife and I had one of the best experiences at this hotel. Eduardo Rosello went above and beyond the call of the duty to ensure that our time was special. The room and room view was outstanding. Also, the pool and food was expectional. I strongly recommand this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Antonio T,

Thank you so much for your review and recommendation for our hotel. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations and were able to take in the beautiful scenery from the comfort of your room. Our specialty is making each and every one of our guests' stays memorable and I am beyond happy to hear that we were able to do just that for you and your wife! Rosello is the best of the best and I am so proud to have him on my team. His genuine care and hospitality amazes me and every guest he meets walks away feeling like family. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with him and thank him for his service.

In an effort to serve you better I would love for you to email our Customer Relationship Specialist at interconmiami@gmail.com so that we can obtain additional details of your stay.

Again, I appreciate your feedback and hope it wont be too long before you visit us again.

Morgantown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 31, 2014

This is an exceptional hotel. Not only is the physical property fun, hip, elegant and has both a luxurious feeling in the public spaces and excellent meeting spaces, it is really the range of staff people I interacted with who really "get" how they can create experiences and human connections with you that make you know you matter and are cared about to the best of their ability. THAT is the secret sauce of this hotel. Go there for biz or leisure. You'll see what I mean!

Great location too for urban Miami -- right along harbor waterfront and close to the beaches if you need that.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Ed Q,

Wow! Thank you so much for your kind remarks about our staff and property. I can't thank you enough for taking the time from your busy day to share your thoughts. It is feedback like yours that reminds me of how lucky I am to work in such a beautiful place, with such incredible people and values. The quality of service and genuine hospitality that flows through our staff is truly magnificent, and it seems you were witness to just that.

Our staff is what sets us apart from the competition and brings it to life! They ensure that our guests have a memorable stay and walk away with a once in a lifetime experience. Welcome to the InterContinental Miami family, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Was there for a relaxing weekend and this is exactly what I got, service is great, location is great and the spa is fantastique, thank you to Franklin and Vanessa for there great service. I will be back for sure.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear MelSim31,

Thank you so much for your review of the InterContinental Miami. I am happy to hear that you find our property to be a quiet and peaceful getaway. We are honored to provide you with 5-star service and appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and the InterContinental brand.

I am thrilled to hear that you are planning your return! Please email me at interconmiami@gmail.com so that I can offer my assistance with your booking and ensure we continue to meet and exceed your expectations.