“Excellent stay!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Charlotte, Michigan
“Excellent stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights before a cruise in February, 2013. We did not have to use our car at all everything was so close. All off the hotel employees treated us like we were very special guests. The hotel is super luxurious yet very comfortable. Whole family loved this hotel. Location was great!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear 48813Family,

Your review is much appreciated. I am so glad to hear that your stay with us was excellent. You mentioned that you enjoyed our close proximity to all that Miami has to offer, and thus you were able to walk everywhere. While this is one of the beauties of Miami, we welcome you to try our electric bicycles the next time you choose to visit us. These bicycles make for a fun and unique family experience and lets you cover more ground in less time; kids especially love them! Look forward to seeing the whole family again soon, thank you again for your review.

Arminio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,083)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lima, Peru
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I want to comment on the great service I received from attendees of Intercontinetal Hotel valet parking. They were very friendly and guided me in my visit to Miami, especially Rocio attendees and Jean Carlo.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear EnriqueManyari,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I appreciate you naming the valet attendees who helped to make your experience with us a pleasant and memorable one. I will be sure to highlight these employees for their outstanding service. We hope the rest of your visit with us was just as friendly and memorable. I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

So i have never paid full price for my stas in this hotel, instead i've always booked online via one of those 'won't tell you the name of hotel' websites and always got it for a bout 1/3 of the advertised price

Great place to stay, especially if you want to go for a run by the water's edge

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Denise P,

Thank you for joining us this past weekend at the InterContinental Miami Hotel. It seems that you are a regular here, having mentioned above that you always find a great rate through a third-party site. We are happy to have hosted you again and thank you for your continued loyalty. If you haven't already, you should check out our IHG Rewards loyalty program where you can redeem special offers just for you and earn points each time you stay towards free travel, merchandise and more at any of our 4,600 locations worldwide!

We look forward to your next visit and thank you again for your loyalty and feedback.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Stayed for a week long meeting. Room was spacious, bedding was very comfortable, and the view was outstanding. The property is right next to a park with easy walking access to shops and restaurants. The staff is what sets this hotel apart. For being such a busy property, the staff was always friendly and very helpful and accommodating. This would be a perfect spot to stay while in town for any function at the American Airlines center or pre/post cruise as the Miami terminal can be seen just across the bridge from the hotel.

Room Tip: Opt for a room facing the park. Room 2426 is two doubles and very comfortable!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Traveler216_fl,

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for your recent visit to our hotel and for this kind review. I am delighted to hear your stay was great, as we strive to provide exceptional service to each and every one of our guests. We pride ourselves on having one of the best teams in town and are happy to hear you were welcomed in true InterContinental style. I will be sure to share this feedback with our guest services team.

You mentioned that you enjoyed the view from room 2426 and I would like to make this your preferred room should you decide to join us again. As a preference it is not guaranteed unfortunately, however noting this on your account will allow us to try an accommodate you with this room each time you come. When you are ready, feel free to ask for me so I may do this for you. Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

For the second year in a row I have run a marathon to celebrate my birthday.
This year staying in the same hotel even same room as last year.
I love the location of this hotel because of the staring line and finish line of the Marathon.
The room view is just perfect, it allows me to be filled with excitement about the accomplishment I'm about to fulfill.
This time tho, I stayed some extra days to enjoy miami and some surrounding restaurants.
Theres lots more positive things to say than negative, the staff like Guillermo (bellboy)
Monique (Floor manager) Angelica (guest services supervisor) Diane (housekeeping manager)
Martin(concierge) are all just wonderful.
its really not even worth mentioning the negatives because they were all taken care of in a millisecond and with a fantastic smile.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nina12873
Dear nina12873,

Happy belated birthday from the entire InterContinental Miami team! I am so glad you chose to stay with us for your special day, and thank you for your loyalty. We commend you for your participation in the Miami Marathon and look forward to hopefully welcoming you back next year. When you are ready to plan your visit, please email miami@interconti.com and mention this conversation so we can ensure your birthday is EXTRA special next year.

Additionally, I would like to thank you for calling out the team members who made your visit that much more special. We have such a genuine and caring team here and appreciate your comments. I will be sure to share this with our team to ensure they are recognized for their exceptional service. Thank you again!

NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Stayed at the Intercontinental recently for a business trip. The hotel itself is nice but the staff needs a crash course in customer service.
Upon arrival, went though check-in process very quickly however unfortunately was told that they were unable to make keys to room. Not what I wanted to hear after long flight. Was told to go to room and wait for security to let me in... And then go back to the front desk if I wanted to leave the room. I did so and was given a key about an hour later (after calling front desk).
Room itself was nice but I was put into a double queen even though I wanted a a single king.
Went down to restaurant lobby to take a look at menu for dinner. Hostess stayed on the the phone for at least 5 minutes before looking up to acknowledge me.
Also, on last day, asked to check my bags until my flight later in day and was told that they charge per bag. Price was very low however this seems strange for a nice hotel.
Hotel is in a good location for business (not so much for leisure) however the entire staff (except the room service team) needs a lesson in customer service.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank map1977
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear map1977,

We are delighted to have hosted you during your recent business trip in Miami and thank you for your feedback. It is through this type of interaction that we learn and grow as individuals and an overall company as well.

I truly apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with your room keys during check-in and would like to assure you this is not a common issue in our hotel. Unfortunately during your visit we experienced a slight glitch, however all has been attended to and fixed. Thank you for your patience during that time. I would also like to thank you for the suggestion of additional customer service training. Our guests satisfaction is our number one priority, and thus we take this very seriously.

Thank you again for your comments and suggestions. We truly appreciate you visiting us and hope to welcome you back sometime soon.

Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We stayed at this property at the end of January. It is a nice hotel in a good location. Our room was nice and clean. My primary complaint was the daily charge for the fitness center. With room rates like this, I think it is way out of line to charge for the fitness facility.
Our room faced the water and the hotel is close to the Bayside area which is nice.
Other nice things about this property is the fact that it has a car rental agency in the lobby. I believe it is Alamo. The gentleman that helped us was very professional and gracious.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank BRJEC
Dear BRJEC,

First I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to share your feedback with us. While it seems you had an overall nice time at the property, you did raise concern about the fitness center fee. While this fee is currently in place because we do not charge an overall resort fee, we are looking into other options to delight our guests in the future. It is through feedback like yours that we are able to understand our guests needs and desires and work to reach them.

I am glad you were provided with exceptional service through our on-property rental car agency, and will be sure to pass on the praise to the team. Thank you again for your review, we hope to see you again soon!