6,817 results
All reviewstoro torothe club loungebayfront parkbayside marketplacesouth beachbeautiful hotelbay viewbiscayne baypre cruisevalet parkingthe american airlines arenacruise portdowntown areaper daylobbystarbucksconcierge
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I stayed at this hotel in the beginning of January 2014. The Hotel is located in a nice place, Chopin Plaza 100, by the Bayside and in front of the Miami Bay. Ask for a higher room floor with ocean view. Unfortunately you will be bothered by the bad service. There are few attendants during check-in, with a row of standing guests that moves slowly. Asking for fixing things at the room is very difficult and always useless. The reception desk is a shame for its inneficiency. The parking lot and valet service is very expensive. Parking daily rates are over US$40.00, considering the gratuities. The breakfast service, served as a buffet is also very expensive, US$36.00 per person plus 18% gratuity. I do not recommend staying at this hotel. The Marriot Courtyard Miami Downtown, three blocks away, where I stayed previously, is much better and service is excellent, besides the lower rates..

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room and with ocean view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear cinematics,

Thank you for sharing your comments. We are disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Please know that we take your comments seriously and have shared them with our team. We use our guests' comments to continually correct and enhance the overall guest stay. At the moment, we do charge a $39 fee for overnight valet, but it is comparable to other downtown price points and there are many other options available as well. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with another great experience and please reach out to us prior to the planning of your next trip to be of assistance.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I am almost always apprehensive about traveling and staying in a hotel due to the many distubing stories I have herd. But this Hotel changed my mind about several things I loved it here, First off when I walked in the lobby was so clean and beautiful it was a plesant sight and Its convebiently located in downtown miami which gave me easy access to my buisness meetings . I also took advantage of their electricalbikes from wheels to go, the instructor Ray was so helpful and patient with me since it was my first time I was so nervous but he made me feel at ease and relaxed. I would recommend this Hotel and experiance to anyone , I look forward to comming back and taking a few more rounds on the electrical bikes .

Eve.

Dear Evelyn J,

We are glad you took a chance and stayed with us. We are here to provide top notch experiences to all of our guests, no disturbing stories here. Thank you for the great comments about our beautiful and clean hotel. We are also glad that you took advantage of the electric bikes as they offer a one of a kind experience of our vibrant city. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

Location, service, food, bar - it has it all. Just have a fundamental disagreement of any hotel that charges $15 to exercise, and wouldn't choose to stay there again due to that. They blame that another company owns the gym - that excuse is terrible.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank banjogo
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear banjogo,

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your overall stay with us, but disappointed that the fee for access to the fitness center negatively impacted your entire experience. The $15 fee includes full access to the spa's amenities: steam/sauna, showers, locker rooms and relaxation lounge as well as the fitness center. Indeed, the spa and fitness center are separate from the hotel. We will make sure to share your comments with our entire team to ensure that future guest experiences are more seamless. We do hope that you change your mind about staying with us again on your next trip to Miami.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

We had to stay a night in Miami returning from a business trip & i have to say this place was perfect in every way.

The rooms were well appointed good size, great amenities, comfortable beds & clean. (Good / strong wifi connection)

But i do have to give a special mention to the excellent service & the fantastic standards in the bar. I wish i had taken the bar managers name as he attention to detail along with his colleague Summer were amazing. We were blown away by fantastic cocktails that were made for us (individually to our tastes) & great bar food to match... as i said we were there on business but i will return for pleasure & recommend this hotel over & over again.

Thank you all at the Intercon Miami... what a knockout team.

Room Tip: Request higher floor for view

Dear Chel1304,

Thank you for the knockout review. We are so glad that we were able to provide you with a fantastic Miami experience. We will make sure to share your great comments with our Toro Toro team. Indeed, the bar is outstanding, offering a unique and individual experience to all guests. We look forward to welcoming you back time and time again.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I recently came to visit the Intercontinental Hotel and had an amazing experience. The location couldn't be better. There are so many places to go that are in walking distance. Intercontinental Hotel is equivalent to a palace. This hotel is immaculate. Everything from the lobby, to the restaurants were all flawless. My favorite activity at the hotel was the electric bike tour through Wheels 2 Go. Ray, the instructor was great. He created a route which gave us access to the most beautiful sections of the city. While on the bike I fell in love with South Beach!! This was definitely a weekend I will never forget. I greatly appreciate the Intercontinental Hotel and Wheels 2 Go for great quality service. Keep up the great work guys!

Sheyl

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Shey P,

Thank you for the great comments. We are glad that we were able to make your Miami experience that much better. Again, thank you for the gracious comments about our beautiful decor and impeccable service. We are also glad that you were able to experience Miami in a unique way with Wheels 2 Go's electric bikes; they are a treat. We will be sure to keep up the great work and hope you will visit us again soon.