6,844 results
All reviews toro toro the club lounge bayfront park bayside marketplace south beach beautiful hotel bay view biscayne bay pre cruise valet parking the american airlines arena cruise port downtown area per day lobby starbucks concierge
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We had to stay a night in Miami returning from a business trip & i have to say this place was perfect in every way.

The rooms were well appointed good size, great amenities, comfortable beds & clean. (Good / strong wifi connection)

But i do have to give a special mention to the excellent service & the fantastic standards in the bar. I wish i had taken the bar managers name as he attention to detail along with his colleague Summer were amazing. We were blown away by fantastic cocktails that were made for us (individually to our tastes) & great bar food to match... as i said we were there on business but i will return for pleasure & recommend this hotel over & over again.

Thank you all at the Intercon Miami... what a knockout team.

Room Tip: Request higher floor for view
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Chel1304,

Thank you for the knockout review. We are so glad that we were able to provide you with a fantastic Miami experience. We will make sure to share your great comments with our Toro Toro team. Indeed, the bar is outstanding, offering a unique and individual experience to all guests. We look forward to welcoming you back time and time again.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I recently came to visit the Intercontinental Hotel and had an amazing experience. The location couldn't be better. There are so many places to go that are in walking distance. Intercontinental Hotel is equivalent to a palace. This hotel is immaculate. Everything from the lobby, to the restaurants were all flawless. My favorite activity at the hotel was the electric bike tour through Wheels 2 Go. Ray, the instructor was great. He created a route which gave us access to the most beautiful sections of the city. While on the bike I fell in love with South Beach!! This was definitely a weekend I will never forget. I greatly appreciate the Intercontinental Hotel and Wheels 2 Go for great quality service. Keep up the great work guys!

Sheyl

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Shey P,

Thank you for the great comments. We are glad that we were able to make your Miami experience that much better. Again, thank you for the gracious comments about our beautiful decor and impeccable service. We are also glad that you were able to experience Miami in a unique way with Wheels 2 Go's electric bikes; they are a treat. We will be sure to keep up the great work and hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised with the hotels appearance and cleanliness. The lobby was beautiful, spacious, offered restaurants that we felt were over priced so we didn't eat there. Concierge was helpful in pointing us to the Bayside market which is a short 5-10 min walk to shopping & restaurants. The room was spacious and relatively clean. The only problem was that two of the four towels had stains on them. I asked for more towels and the new towels they brought were also stained. Otherwise it was a pleasant stay.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank scorpio1983

Dear scorpio1983,

Thank you for sharing your review. We are glad that you enjoyed a pleasant stay with us and thank you for the compliments on our decor. We are disappointed that you did not try Toro Toro as it offers a varied menu that accommodates any palate and wallet. We are glad that the inconveniences you experienced were resolved in a timely manner and that it did not negatively impact your entire stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again and again.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

As you would expect a clean, spacious and modern hotel. However for a busy hotel like this I was somewhat surprised at the 3 receptionists were on duty, which meant a long wait to check in and out.

I was also very disappointed when I asked for a harbor facing room only to be told that would cost a $20 room upgrade. I though having at least a loyalty card would have added some wait to a better room. Alas not.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank postnote
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear postnote,

Thank you for sharing your comments. We are disappointed that your first experience upon check-in was negative. We like to provide great, seamless experiences to all of our guests and with 3 front desk agents, we know that was not the case. We will make sure to share your comments with our team to ensure that these inconveniences do not occur again. We hope that you will change your mind on your next trip to Miami and give us another chance to provide you with an exceptional experience.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I stayed here a while back and remember it being an enjoyable experience, so I chose to revisited for two nights on December 13 & 14th, and I finally have the time to write this review of my hotel experience here. The reservation process was smooth. The lobby had some music, action, etc.. that added to the Miami experience, but is nice and quiet when you choose to go to your room. A special thanks to Robert Hill, for making me feel welcomed...even before I checked in! He, and a few others, embraced the fact that I am a part of the Intercontinental Hotel's Ambassador Program, providing a free room upgrade with an amazing Biscayne Bay view and taking care of me throughout my stay. By luck, there was a fireworks display over the bay, directly out of my room's window that I got to watch while sipping on a nice beverage, a half hour before we left to take on South Beach. (Pictured Below) Club Room access is a nice relaxing perk if you get it...loved it! My hotel room was modern and comforting. The Room was "Extremely" clean...and I always do an extensive room check...the only thing dirty was the window sill/viewing area, with a few drinking glass marks and a little dust. Pool Area was nice but the weather was chilly and breezy, so I just hung out there and enjoyed a beverage. Starbucks in there lobby is a definite plus that I made use of! Valet is required and it costs, but is well worth it! The Valet staff was attentive, up-to-par with Ritz Carlton's, for the most part. I can see how the cost of wi-fi would possibly get me a little unhappy...But mine was comped, as an Ambassador Member. Overall a few minor hiccups perhaps, so I would give a rating of 4.80! ...But i'm rounding it to Excellent because all the pluses of my wonderful stay "outweigh" any minuscule situation of dissatisfaction. In general I dislike giving reviews because my are usually about horrible hotel experiences. So I finally decided to get off my butt and make time for this review, since it has stuck in my memory of one of my best hotel experiences in the last two years! *In short, If you have the option of staying here...Do It! "It's how the well-travelled, travel. :)

Room Tip: I love the higher floors. For the view and experience.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mike S

Dear Mike S,

Wow, thank you for the great review. We are glad that you decided to share your comments with other TripAdvisor guests. We are so glad that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to make that much better. We love treating all of our guests like VIPs and we are glad that you noticed. We will make sure to share your comments with our entire team; they will appreciate your remarks. We are also glad to have been able to resolve any inconveniences you experienced in an efficient manner. Thank you for the recommendation. We hope to be your new go-to hotel on future trips to Miami. Also, we encourage you to reach out to us prior to planning your next trip to our city to ensure that we make it that much better.