6,841 results
All reviews toro toro the club lounge bayfront park bayside marketplace south beach beautiful hotel bay view biscayne bay pre cruise valet parking the american airlines arena cruise port downtown area per day lobby starbucks concierge
Reviewed January 19, 2014

This is the first review that I have ever written. The hotel itself is outstanding, the room was perfect.The main reason for writing this review is the outstanding service by the lady, Ilana T., who worked at the front desk. I had several issues that came up with my flight into Miami and Ilana T. was very patient and understanding and was a bright light at the end of a long day. I travel often for business and have rarely received the patience and understanding given to me during my stay. Thank you, Ilana T., and I highly recommend InterContinental Miami.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Matt M
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Matt M,

Wow, we love reading guest reviews like yours. We are glad that you took the plunge and shared your great comments with the world. We are also thrilled that we were able to make your trip even better with our attentive service. We will make sure to share your comments with our entire staff. Thank you for the recommendation and we hope to welcome you back time and time again.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night on Jan 16, 2014. This hotel is very immaculate, world class standards and very good front office staff. However, the wireless internet in the rooms was very slow and choppy - possibly a bad day for residents.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank sgarba

Dear sgarba,

Thank you for the great review. We are glad that you enjoyed your entire stay with us. Thank you for the great comments about our world class standards and fantastic front office team. We will make sure to share your remarks with them. We checked on the Internet and can assure you that it has been fixed. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Miami.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

We spent 2 days here prior to a trip to Cuba. The hotel is in mid-town, close to attractions, I95 and easy trip to and from the airport. Hotel opens onto park and restaurant/shopping complex. Facilities are outstand and had great breakfasts. I liked that valet parking was superb and cost less than price at most 5 star hotels.

Room Tip: Try for a room high in the building facing the bay. We smiled at the check in desk and were given an upgrade despite the fact that the hotel was quite full. Helps to have gray hair.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mittyc2016
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear mittyLaJolla,

Thank you for the gracious review. We are so glad that you decided to stay with us prior to your international trip. A few nights stay with us is the perfect way to kick off or wind down any vacation. Thank you for the great compliments on our outstanding facilities and delicious breakfast. We are also ecstatic that you enjoyed our valet services; we will make sure to share them with the entire team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I have reviewed several hotels and I try to be honest with my reviews. This hotel did not live up to my expectations and I will probably not return to this particular hotel again if I am in the area.

Arrival Saturday, January 4, 2014.
Firstly, we were up very early in the morning to travel to Miami, our flights were delayed and we didn't arrive until almost 2 hours after we were scheduled to arrive. (This may or may not have affected my opinion of this hotel). We were tired and wanted to freshen up - however, our room was not ready as they had a lot of guests checking in. It was just after 3 when we arrived and I do understand that check-in is not until 4 but I was assured our room would be ready soon. Staff took our phone number and would call us when the room was ready. Cool - just wait in the lobby for a bit and we would soon be in our room - Wrong we had to wait almost an hour for that phone call. Then my poor husband had to wait in another long line just so we could get our keys - please note - the hotel could have provided a separate line for this purpose seeing as we already had to wait! We opted to leave our luggage with the porter and go up to the room to relax. Our luggage was another hour wait! Not a good first impression I must say.

Sunday, January 5, 2014
We had an early morning tour that required us to be up and ready by 6:30. Great we were up and ready but the hotel only had one restaurant available for early morning service, we were offered coffee but it was all gone! We ended up spending $50 for the buffet but didn't really get to enjoy it. Starbucks was supposed to be open at 7:00 but they didn't open before we left for the day.

When we returned for the evening we were tired and didn't feel like venturing far from the hotel so we opted to eat in one of the restaurants at the hotel (Toro-Toro). It was 9:30 and we didn't have a reservation but we were told that another reservation hadn't arrived but that they had to wait at least 10 minutes for them to not show up before they could seat us. OK that's fine they are busy we will wait - except that when I looked into the restaurant there were dozens of empty tables. The food was fantastic thank goodness for that and the service was excellent as well.

Monday, January 6, 2014 - check out day
I was getting ready and I noticed something in the full length mirror in the room. There was a little white package just under the edge of the bed. On inspection I found out that it was a tampon package. It was not mine or my husbands and we had been in the room for two days. It was not far under the bed and was missed for at least two days. That was pretty much the final straw for me. We also noted issues with our bill and they do not bring the paper copy to your room you must view it on the tv. The tv version is not itemized well and it is hard to decipher where the problem is. This forced us to have to review the bill with the front desk - oh joy another line and another wait. Found out we were charged for internet when we shouldn't have been and we were charged for a local call when it was actually a 1-800 number that we had called. They removed the internet charges but left the phone call charges I guess it can't differentiate a toll free call from a local call.

Summary
The room we had was nice and overlooked downtown Miami. The room appeared clean at first. The bathroom was the exception. The grout and caulking in the tub area have a lot of mildew stains and the tub had some questionable stains in the bottom. Also, I was not able to fully get the water to the shower head so I had half a stream of water pouring out of the shower head and the other half of the stream of water pouring out the spout. As a result of this there was very little water pressure in the shower head. This particular bathroom needs some major maintenance.

The hotel looks nice and has a really cool entrance. The exterior at night is amazing with the dancing lights on it. We didn't have a chance to fully take advantage of all this hotel has to offer but we did take a bit of a walk around and it has a beautiful pool area - although it is hard to find when it is hidden away behind the spa. I wouldn't enjoy little kids running through the spa on the way out to the pool so find this set up a little silly. You get a great view of the harbor and downtown Miami. It is in a great location next to the Bayside Market and close to the piers for the cruiseships.

Room Tip: Any room in this hotel will have a great view of either downtown Miami or Biscayne Bay. It will depend on your preference.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ToodlesCA

Dear ToodlesCA,

Thank you for sharing your detailed review. We are sorry to hear about the inconveniences you experienced, but glad that you did enjoy some aspects of your stay. Please know that we take guest comments seriously and have already shared them with our entire team to ensure that these incidents are corrected. We encourage you to reach out to us directly at interconmiami@gmail.com should you want to address your review privately. We do hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a signature InterContinental Miami experience on your next trip to Miami.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

My Girlfriend and I stayed at this property prior to our cruise this past December.

This hotel was beautiful, We were greeted by an amazing lobby! We had been on an all night flight from the west coast and the hotel was very accommodating to get us a room early. Our room had an excellent view of the port and surrounding city to the west.

The room was very nice and exceeded all of our expectations. the only thing we did not like was no free internet. otherwise this hotel was top notch!

Room Tip: Ocean View
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kory B
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Dear Kory B,

Thank you for the great review. We are so glad that we exceeded your expectations. We are even more glad that we were able to provide comfort after a long flight; we know they can be tough. Thank you for the top notch reviews about our excellent views and decor. We hope to welcome you back again on your next trip to Miami.