“Excellent location quality”

GreenLeadersGold level
San Diego, Texas
“Excellent location quality”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Another great stay was here a few nights only nightmare check out ,do. It from your room by phone especially if sat it took the bell man a hr and half to get my bags when is et up a. Appointment in advance for specific time he came so late i
Sorry couldn't cover it when we made specific time arrangements and were pushed to the bottom of the lists from some other guests who probably only stayed one night when we stayed way more but they were not here way to a. Cruise and we became last priority apparently unacceptable , the spa is nice nothing spectacular over priced for the amenities but get a. Coupon on group on or front desk , pool is nice and fora fora makes this place incredible food a definite place to dine in Miami , the concierge gave us horrible directions to little Havana and we ended up taking that Train to walk 22 blocks on a. One ways ow e could t get a can or bus when we realized he sent us only to the edge it's not worth going there unless u take a cab ,it will ruin your day thanks so much,anyways on e we got there we did find a yum restaurant , but we were starving ,it's as wonderful an d would be a favorite if we lived there, we ate an mambo twice by the water it was great, okay intercontinental has a great happy hr and wounderful way to try the appetizers but u have to specifically ask for the happy hr menu or they only give u the drink menu we didn't even know there was happy hr menu until 2 minutes before it was ending . Count on the bar staf having very low tops and flirting with you to make tips if your a guy I a rue this will add to your bar experience if us re a woman and they constantly do it to your husband ,u may need to rethink your stay and if that's okay with you or appropriate , I had a great stay and met lots of fun people , had to take a shower in the spa because I was waiting for the housekeeping to clean I was even staying out of my rooms o she could clean it still wasn't cleaned ,,so make sure u tell the front desk I are leaving for the Dayan d when u will be back or your room won't be cleaned even if u return at 4 its just good to let th em know u are out of the from so your housekeeper doesn't tell us he needs to go home and cleans the room its u in it ,, we liked Hera nd tipped her but the organization of the room cleaning g and having to showere in the spa and even get permission was ridiculous because , my room wasn't clean , she was outside it when I went put to he spa and its tills as t cleaned the spa director wanted em to explain it 5 times so I just called the manager , a s if it was convent for me to showere in the spa, I requested robes and they a net them up which helped as u have to walk soaking wet to the pool nd back to your room Because the bathrooms but he pool are horrible or to use a bathroom properly equipped with shower close by they charge u 1500 so request. Robe in your room if u plan on swimming ,all and all I'd stay a gain but I'd make sure I'm clear up front on what I expect he luggage the housekeeping service issue the spa director not being helpful when I was the one being inconvenienced all this was unacceptable waiting for a bell man for a hr and half and having o call 5 times , its ridiculous. We expect good service especially a eh w e stay at intercontinental every where .this was bad ending. Stay with this happening

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Chelsie K,

Thank you for sharing your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your overall stay with us, but disappointed that it did not completely meet your expectations. We are glad, however, that it did not negatively impact your experience. Please know that we take comments like yours seriously and have shared them with our entire team to ensure that these inconveniences do not occur again. We can assure you a 5 star experience on your next trip to Miami. We do hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a signature InterContinental Miami stay on your next trip to our vibrant city.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,274)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Wow! A stunning hotel right on the harbour front! Modern and sumptuous
We pushed the boat out and stayed here on the last night before heading home.
Superb location total luxury!
Will be back again that's for sure

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear paddythediver,

Thank you for this 5 star review. We thrilled that you enjoyed the modern décor and ambiance of our hotel. Indeed, our location is supreme. We are glad to know that you are already planning your next stay with us. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us prior to your next trip with any special requests.
Fishers, Indiana
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Once again I find myself staying at the beautiful Intercontinental in Miami. Just as I experienced last year, the service has been outstanding. Last year I remarked in my review about how clean the room was, right down to even checking for dust on top of the door frame. This year, they have not disappointed. The room was immaculate upon check in.

The Intercontinental Miami is definitely worth checking out!!!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank CarolinaViking
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear CarolinaViking,

Thank you for this succinct, yet intriguing review. We are extremely glad that you have experienced yet another great stay at our hotel. We are always improving our customer service standards and we love when our guests notice. We will make sure to share your comments with our entire staff to let them know how they contributed to your unforgettable stay. Please don’t hesitate to contact us before your next visit to make any special request.
Rome, Italy
Reviewed November 27, 2013

During my stay at intercontinental my daughter and me were informed about the different activities in Miami. Juan (concierge) was very helpful providing us the right information about restaurants, attractions and public transportation. Finally, we would like to make an especial mention Mr. Batu (front desk manager) who gave us a nice welcome in the check in.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Alessandra P
Dear Alessandra P,

Thank you for taking the time to write this excellent review. We take pride in the quality of our service to ensure each guest’s experience is perfect. Indeed, our concierges are extremely helpful and easily guide our guests to local attractions and restaurants that they can enjoy. We will share your comments with Mr.Batu, Juan, and the rest of the staff here at the Intercontinental Miami to let them all know how they contributed to you outstanding experience. We hope that the next time your travels bring you to Miami you decide to stay with us.
Corpus Christi
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We recently stayed at the Intercontinental Miami prior to a cruise. This was our first stay at this location and we came away very pleased with the rooms, proximity to the port and nearby entertainment options. We had a view of the port which was spectacular when the sun rose and eight cruise ships were lined up ready to sail! The breakfast at the restaurant inside the hotel was good and the staff was universally friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Tim L
Dear Tim L.,

Thank you for the complements and. We are extremely glad that you decided to stay with us before you embarked on your cruise. Thank you for the gracious comments on the guestrooms, location, and the quality of service. The port view is breathtaking, isn’t it? Good thing you made the upgrade. Whenever we have guests staying for their pre-cruise night our front desk always recommends the port view rooms because they truly are spectacular. We hope your cruise and hotel stay was unforgettable and don’t forget to stay with us whenever your travels bring you back to Miami.
Astoria, New York
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stayed at the intercontinental in miami first week of November for a wedding. I was tire and hungry after a long flight. I went to the concierge Mr. Maurice Botero who was very kind and helpful by pointing out Toro Toro restaurant. I had a wonderful meal with great service. Mr.Botero gave me great tips where to go shopping and gave me a map on how to get around without having to get a taxi. I took his advice to get a massage the next evening and was one of the highlights of the day. Staying at the intercontinental was an amazing experience. The moment you walk in you feel welcome and the decor is out of this world.. I called my fiance and told him this is where I want to stay for my birthday coming up. Thanks Mr. Botero hope to see you soon.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Habibi917
Dear Habibi917,

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your friend’s wedding. We are also thrilled that our concierge Mr.Botero was able to assist you with his recommendations. Thank for the gracious comments on the food, service, and decor. We will share your comments with Mr. Botero and the rest of the staff here at the Intercontinental Miami and we look forward to your next visit.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Attended wedding reception. We had an amazing night, overall awesome experience all thanks to Ana Falcon and Rodrigo Vivas. The view from our room was gorgeous the room was impeccable. Excellent customer service.
Lazaro R

• Stayed November 2013
Dear LazaroRavelo,

We are thrilled that you enjoyed every aspect of your friends wedding reception. Indeed, the views from our guest rooms are absolutely breathtaking. We will share your comments with Ana and Rodrigo to let them know that they positively contributed to you impeccable experience.