“The excellent service of Aimee Gunn at the Toro Toro located in the Intercontinental hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Miami

InterContinental Miami
Ranked #6 of 120 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Hustonville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I recently had lunch at Toro Toro restaurant located at the Intercontinental in downtown Miami and our waitress Aimee Gunn gave one of the best services I have encounter in a long time. She was polite, quick, very friendly, she did her job with the utmost professionalism and she made me feel very welcome and comfortable as if I was visiting family. A big thank you to Ms. Aimee Gunn for your AAA++ service, it is wait staff like her that adds to the high quality of the location and of the food.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,057)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I stayed in this hotel because I was attending a business conference. It is most certainly a VERY nice and upscale hotel. Here is my short list of pros and cons:
Pros: Very clean room, VERY friendly staff, good services for your conference. The pool is nice and looks right over the water. The location is decent, right off of Bicayne/US Route 1, and near some decent bars and restaurants.
Cons: The fitness center costs $15 just to use, even if you are staying at the hotel. That is the first time I have experienced that. There is more nickel and diming with the bell service, where there is a fee to watch your bags. That I see as taking advantage of business travelers, and many people will leave their bags, attend a session/meeting and then head to the airport. The floor I was on probably needed to have their air ducts checked out. The way air was coming out of them, it sounded like there was always someone vacuuming in the hallway.
Overall, I had a good stay at this hotel. I can't say that I would be able to afford this hotel if I was not traveling for work.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank HawkeyeCubs34
Bratislava, Slovakia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

At the end of August and beginning of September we stayed 9 nights at the IncterContinental Htl in Miami. I can highly recommend to stay in this hotel. The reasons are very simple: perfect location, nice, large and clean guest rooms, very kind and helpful staff and last, but not least MORE THAN GREAT CLUB LOUNGE WITH AMAZING STAFF!!! I'd like to say BIG THANK YOU to Ingrid, Aristids and Flora for their grace, help and approach to us. Ingrid and Aristitids thank you so much for the excellent and highly professional perfect service and for the gifts as well. I really miss you and as promised I will come back to your hotel next year :-)
I have an experience from our stay in IC Hotel Miami and definitely will come back in 2014!
Thank you very much, I have enjoyed every day and night stayed here.
Robert Szedlak, Slovakia

Room Tip: Room with access to Club Lounge on 29th floor. Great service and staff!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Silvolde, Gelderland, Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I would like to say Thank you to Carlos,, who made my afternoon at the blue water pool very pleasant and relaxing! He went the extra mile! It was my first time in Miami and will not be the last. The blue water pool is a very relaxing area which offers great service, drinks and food. Thanks very much, I have enjoyed every minute.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Flushing, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This was our first time visiting Miami and we did not know where to stay or start our vacation. The head Concierge Rosello did an amazing job for us. Rosello and his staff provided us with all the information that we needed. Helped us in everyway possible. He provided us with the City and Beach bus tours, We rented Electric Bikes and drove them to Key Biscane, took the amazing air boat tour of the Everglades, ate at the hotels fabulous restaurant Toro Toro and not to mention the amazing shopping. From the moment that we were greeted from the wonderful Valet Service, to the time that we checked out of the hotel, it has been nothing but a wonderful, calming and exciting trip. I will recommend this hotel over and over again. Thank you so much from the bottom of our hearts for making our trip wonderful. Your Michigan Family!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Michelle S
Bay City, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

My family n I just recently stayed at the InterContinental Hotel in Miami..I highly recommend staying here..I've never felt so welcomed at any other hotel as I did this one..Rosello is an amazing gentlemen..he gathered info on different tours an activities for us to do..which included bus tour, airboat over Everglades, and electric bikes..the airboat tour was amazing..Rosello n his staff are absolutely the best I've ever seen, thank u so much for making our stay a perfect one..

Room Tip: The hotel is beautiful..the rooms with a view are the best..
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kristina A
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

have stayed in at least Intercon hotels but the service here was superb. Ingrid at the desk upgraded me to a suite and then called me half an hour later to be sure I was OK; about 2 hours later i recieved another call to check how I was doing
Conceirage had great dinner suggestion, Gym is well equipped and pool area is beautuful

Room Tip: get a room witha water view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business