“Beautiful hotel with great location”

InterContinental Miami
Ranked #6 of 124 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 23, 2013

If you are visiting Bayside in Miami, or want a great place to stay before hopping aboard your next cruise, this hotel is a good choice for it's great location. Service needs a lot of work, but the hotel is so nice that you could almost forgive the lack luster service times. @5 minutes to get a drink at the pool?

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank TravelPartner50
There are newer reviews for InterContinental Miami

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I had the opportunity to attend a meeting at InterContinental-Miami. Great value, with a great location in downtown Miami. My initial contact at the InterContinental was with Harry, Jan and Piton. They were outstanding in accommodating me during my stay. I'm firm believer that your initial impression of any facility begins with the staff as you arrive at the hotel. All three of the men went out of their way to assist me.

Eugene Dixon

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Eduardo Rosello personally took care of my reservation and was extremely hospitable and helpful. I would give them 6 stars but there's no option for it. From the valet parking to the room this hotel definitely makes you feel at home. I would recommend this hotel for a long or a short stay for sure. Don't hesitate to go to the concierge stand and ask questions about restaurants or places to go.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank samirrcanaan
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Excellent hotel with a top notch international staff. Great value. beautiful building with animated night illumination. Very spacious rooms with a huge bathroom. very comfortable bed. The entire staff very helpful, professional and enjoying their work. Excellent central downtown location with walking distance to shopping, city tours, restaurants and entertainment. When back in Miami, this is the place where we will stay again. Very highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This is a great hotel in a great position.
But it will cost you 15 bucks to use the gym!!!
In all the hotels around the world I have never paid for the gym.
Still on the upside went for a lovely morning run instead and glad i did!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here to celebrate my birthday. When I mentioned it at the front desk, she said they would send a gift up. Once we got into our room, they brought us a bottle of wine! What a great welcome!

Clean rooms, luxury bathrooms (two shower heads in one shower?!), gorgeous lobby, within walking distance to many great restaurants and bars.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 20, 2013

This past July, I attended a four-day training summit that was held at your hotel. I started my journey from Hawaii and flew 5 hours to Los Angeles and then 5.5 hours from Los Angeles to Miami. As expected, when I arrived into Miami at 6am after almost 11 hours of flying, I was extremely exhausted. After collecting my luggage, I caught a train from the airport to your hotel to kill time since I knew that early check-in was probably going to be next to impossible.
When I arrived to your hotel, I was greeted with smiley, happy front desk agents. It made me feel as if I was home. They allowed me to pre-register and took my cell phone number and promised to call me when my room was ready. I was called as promised and given a “spectacular” room. I don’t know if I was supposed to get that particular room, but it was perfect! It overlooked the bay and was very spacious. As a token of appreciation, I gave the staff some chocolate covered macadamia nuts.

The next day after a long session, I was pleasantly surprised to find a bottle of wine and a hand written card signed by Ingrid, Romano, Kelly and John and Batuhia Or. It made a significant impact on my stay. As a seasoned traveler, this small act of kindness was unforgettable.

I would also like to commend another staff member Ilana Sigal and a security officer (I apologize I forgot his name). I had my office fed-ex a box to the hotel that was very important. Because it was the weekend, it was quite difficult to access. The security officer advised me to contact the Concierge and they would arrange for the boxes to be delivered. Ilana was very gracious and quickly arranged for my boxes to be delivered to the Front Desk. The security officer retrieved the boxes and a bellman delivered it to my room.

At Turtle Bay Resort, I serve as the Training Manager for the entire resort. My experiences at your hotel are stories that I share with every staff member about “how” customer service should look like! Thanks to your wonderful staff, I have many fond memories of Miami and more importantly, stories of what “true” customer service looks like! Please express to these find individuals my sincerest thanks! I look forward to visiting your resort when time allows.
Mahalo (Thank You),

Terry Moea’i

Room Tip: Do your research before you go! It's in a convenient location and minutes away from south beach...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business