“Amazing hotel”

InterContinental Miami
Ranked #6 of 128 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I love everything about this hotel; the location, the rooms, the people... The bellmen are amazing and the front desk staff is so friendly and helpful. I had lunch at the Bluewater restaurant and I would totally recommend it to other people. The staff was super friendly and the drinks and food were really good. I would like to thank the bartender, I think his name was Aris, and the manager Carlos Garcia. They were very attentive and provided great customer service.

• Stayed: September 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (6,617)

Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is not a cheap location but It is very good indeed. I stayed here for 4 nights and found the rooms to be spacious, beds comfortable and staff very good indeed. The bar in the lobby produced VERY good and unusual cocktails. The weather was poor during my stay but the hotel was perfect.

1  Thank David M
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We loved everything about this property. The attentive and fast valet service. The friendliness of all the staff. The concierges were all helpful. The food in Toro Toro was very good. Beautiful setting for a pool on the 5th floor roof overlooking the bay. 6 elevators that we never waited for was a definite plus. The rooms were spacious and clean on the 23rd floor. Great bathroom and shower. Beautiful view with the very large window in the room. Excellent stay Aug 31st-Sept 3rd. Nathalie made it extra special for my wife and I. Thanks to all!!!

Room Tip: Bay/Harbor rooms up high
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The room and restaurant services at this hotel were great. Just don't get a manicure. Although the woman who took care of me was great, the products were not, and my nail polish completely chipped and peeled off the next day, and it wasn't cheap. That's too bad since I actually liked her.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have been living in Miami for the past 37 years. Most of the people who visit Miami to conduct business with us ask me for a waterfront property. Today I was invited by a business associate to have lunch at the InterContinental's Blue Water Restaurant, what a great place! Great view of the Port of Miami!

Food and service were impeccable and most importantly a quiet place where I could conduct a business conversation.

I had a Greek Salad, usually it is salty but not this one. It was a perfect balance of all ingredients, vinaigrette was also very tasty. We shared a pizza, crust just-right and toppings were of high quality. The business person I was with had a papaya and shrimp salad; although I did not taste it, it looked wonderful, shrimp appeared to be perfectly cooked.

Make sure you validate your valet ticket; $5.00 with validation stamp.

I will soon be back for lunch....

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Yesterday evening, my date and i were looking for a place to have diner. I recall a friend saying something about a blue restaurant at Intercontinental, and so I took my chance. If it were the lottery, i'd be a very happy man right now, everything was great. The manager Carlos was talking with customers, even the chef, Philippe Vaval, was explaining his dishes to a couple of us, best way to really know what's going to taste good, and he sold it.... The blue water restaurant, chef philippe vaval and manager carlos in person did a great job accommodating our needs, explaining the menu and a good choice based on our taste, they were a great help, making sure we enjoyed our experience. These people know how to take care of customers and the food was amazing. I definitively will be back with friends and family for another amazing meal (and special occasions if they are this good again).
the friendly staff and not only the possibility to customize some items on demand, the availability of the chef, good job..... Chef Vaval and Manager Carlos you can count on me returning over and over again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The views of Biscayne bay are stunning from just about every room facing the water. This is a very modern, sleek looking hotel from the moment you step into the lobby. Front desk staff are outstanding, Rodrigo was very helpful at check-in.

The blinds in the rooms are activated by switches by the side of the bed. They keep the room really dark even in the middle of the morning. The thermostat in my room ran about 5 degrees cooler that the displayed temperature, this took a little getting used to.

The food at our catered functions was excellent. The Intercontinental Miami will not disappoint you.

Room Tip: Ask for a bayside room.