“Great hotel...patchy internet”

InterContinental Miami
Ranked #7 of 127 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Recently stayed at the intercontinental for a multiday meeting. Rooms were clean and the staff were very attentive. I was impressed by the food offered from room service and meeting catering.

The only drawback from my stay was that the internet connection was slow and unstable. To add insult to injury, I initially paid nearly $18 a day to the hotel for the premium connection. A discount was offered at checkout for the challenges I had with the connection. If the connection can be improved in the future, this will be a no brainer for future meetings.

• Stayed: September 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (6,486)

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Rocio at the valet desk was so attentive and provided excellent service. Made my experience parking in the middle of a busy day on my way to a meeting seamless and I can't say enough about her!! The hotel boasts large, classy rooms conveniently located in the heart of Miami. Rocio and the rest of the service team will make your stay a pleasure!!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I travel often on business and make it point to stay at Intercontinental Hotels, they are always centrally located, have great restaurants, are business friendly and the staff makes you feel at home. While this was my first stay in the Intercontinental Miami, the consistently great experience was the same. A special note of above and beyond service goes to Front Office Asst. Manager Batuhan Or, who kindly print for me some urgent documents and delivered to our table at Toro Toro. He insisted we have dinner while he did that for us. Now that truly makes you feel like an ambassador. My congratulation to the Intercontinental Miami!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the bay.. They are the rooms that number 001 to 010
Reviewed September 9, 2013

A friend and I had lunch at Blue Water Restaurant this past weekend. The view from the restaurant is nice and relaxing (you can either enjoy the view to the pool or the ocean). Service was great. The Manager Carlos is fantastic. He approached our table and introduced himself. He was pleasant, knowledgeable, funny and gave us a few recommendations for lunch. We tried (based on his recommendation) the shrimp pizza and the churrasco pizza. Both were absolutely delicious.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This is a great hotel. I've been there many times, and this time (this past Thursday night) was no exception. It's got a great location for downtown office buildings, and it's also near Bayside marketplace. The rooms are spacious, and the service is good.

But here's my one problem. This is 2013. Pretty much everyone uses the Internet, right? And free access to the Internet is provided in even budget motels, as well as coffee shops, and many other places. But not at the Interncontinental Miami. They charge what is, in this day and age, an exorbitant amount above the room charge for either wired or wireless internet access. While I enjoy staying there, I would enjoy it more if they joined the 21st century and provided internet access as part of the room rate.

Room Tip: High floors facing the water are very nice.
4  Thank Staten_Islander
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

This is our favorite place to stay in Miami. It's upscale and classy. The rooms are huge and very tastefully decorated. Great views! Super comfortable beds and linens. From the valet to the doorman, everyone made us feel at home and greeted us with a smile each time they saw us. The rooms manager, Bathu, was amazingly accommodating.

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I am writing this review from my hotel room overlooking the ocean and pool - and I have to say I am very sad to leave!

My partner and I have been staying here since Tuesday and it has been fantastic. From the lobby to the exterior everything about this hotel is classy and upmarket. Our room was always spotless - and requests we made such as extra shampoo etc were delivered instantly and Rodriguez was also particularly amazing.

There was nothing that was too much for the staff here - the food at Tora Tora was also amazing - my other half rated it 10/10 and he is very hard to please! definitely try the restaurant here for dinner one evening!

We are now travelling back to London but will most definitely be returning to this hotel as soon as we can! Also a cab to ocean drive - south beach is approx 15-20 dollars - most days about 16/17 dollars. Definitely a nice place to visit in the evenings!

Warm regards