“Most beautiful hotel and location is outstanding”

InterContinental Miami
Ranked #9 of 122 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Miami, Florida
“Most beautiful hotel and location is outstanding”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The rooms are beautifully decorated with amazing views. The furniture is modern and room is spacious. Love the black out windows and the bathroom has separate shower and full tub for soaking your feet after a wonderful day of shopping. The Business Center personnel were very helpful and friendly. The restuarant has great food and I was extremely happy that they had a starbucks within the hotel. People tend to say location, location, location when purchasing a home, well I say the same thing about the hotel and InterContinental fits that criteria. Right on the water with spectacular views and next to Bayside Front, public transportation and the American Airlines Arena for you basket ball fans.

Overall, my stay was spectacular and I highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,270)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Recently stayed at the InterCon in MIA.
Loving the 5* cool look... warm reception... met the Assistant FOM Batuhan who was very welcoming... made us feel at home and it was even better that when we saw him later during our stay he still remembered us by name!... got a lovely room with a great view.. Toro Toro was lovely... the ceviche particulary amazing! Hope to be back in the future!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The rooms are not bad, great location, internet connection is horrible, I wish they could do better. The service was great specially from Paula from the front desk.will come back at any time. There are lots of activities around this area. Good transportation in general. Many of Miami's attractions are within a walking distance.

• Stayed May 2013
Toronto
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed in the hotel for conference in May. The staff is very kind and they do make sure to accomodate requests that come their way. Rooms are outdated and they need refurbish. I also have an issue that you can't open the windows at all and rooms are very cold even when the a/c is turned off. Wireless connection was very bad and slow, and there is a charge per day (unless your booking agreement says differently). Please note that as soon as you move an item from the fridge it will be charged. So if you need to store your medicine or anything else make sure you let the front desk know. There is "light show" going on the outside frame of room windows at night. Some were bothered as the light will get thru the blinds and this is not something that can be turned off.

Room Tip: ask for Ocean room and high floors
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear hocunecu,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I appreciate and wish to thank you for the kind comments about the staff. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had with the room's condition. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is. We will use your comments to improve our efforts. We appreciate your feedback and your business.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Rome, Italy
Reviewed May 28, 2013

During my last stay in Miami,I had the opportunity to enjoy the lifestyle at the intercontinental hotel in Miami, Service was outstanding , comfortable rooms and personal well trained. Special thanks to Juan Velasco (concierge) Ariel (toro toro) and Carlos Garcial( front desk) Hope to return on this summer with my kids.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My wife and I decided to celebrate our 30st wedding anniversary with a special dinner at Toro Toro the main restaurant at the InterContinental Miami.

The Experience
What an evening....it could not have been a better choice. From the reservation to the welcome, the service, the dining experience that included appetizers, main course and desert and finally a special coffee prepared by Matt the Beverage Manager . Everything was just perfect and our waiter Matej made the evening really special. He was very friendly, attentive, yet discrete; he made perfect appetizer suggestions and was very helpful when we selected the main course.

Food and Beverage,
We had a Rose Moët Chandon to start and with the appetizers and a Numanthia Spanish Red Wine with the main course. Both came as special recommendations by Matt, perfectly presented and served at the right temperature. We knew already at that time that that the evening was going to be great. The appetizers were out of this world, an East meets West perfect combination of presentation and taste. Everything on the menu looked just great however we followed the recommendations from Matej and did not go wrong. Main course was a Toro Toro mixed grill to share beautifully presented an incredible combination of meats perfectly grilled to perfection.
After all these fabulous food, we needed something to close the evening and what better than the secret coffee recipe from Matt, a perfectly fresh brewed coffee with a combination of after dinner liquors perfectly mixed together, a perfect balance of taste with an incredible aroma.
Ambience
The ambience is perfect; we liked the fact that the restaurant is very open, you can see the hotel lobby, the bar, the kitchen and the different zones within the restaurant. Elegantly appointed with tasteful decor and nice artwork. The chef comes to the table with the main course and takes the time to explain the dishes to be served.

We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Any place is a perfect place
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Stayed at the InterContinental for a week long business trip. The hotel itself is located in downtown Miami, on the water (but not near South Beach), and near the basketball stadium. There is a good variety of restaurants within walking distance. The hotel is very trendy with the typical Miami buzz and funky lobby features. The rooms are spacious with a flat screen TV, nice working area, and large bathroom. However, it was the customer service and certain hotel policies that really turned me off. First, I called to ask for a spoon to be delivered to the room so I could eat some cereal. I was told that there is usually a charge for that. Seriously? To bring me a spoon? I offered to go pick one up anywhere in the hotel and they relented and provided me a free spoon. Second, there is a stated $15 dollar charge to use the gym. I could not wrap my head around this. I even asked at the front desk if this really was the case, and they confirmed it. There is NOTHING special about this gym - just the usual collection of treadmills, bikes, free weights, etc. I have traveled a lot and have never had to pay to use the gym. Full disclosure: the gym charges didn't end up on my bill (maybe because I complained); however, if I had known that I would have exercised more! This policy is very inconvenient for business travelers and just seems kind of rude for such a nice hotel. I will probably avoid staying here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank dbk2
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear dbk2,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. I am deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. I appreciate you for bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Krysllin G.