“Great location outside of the chaos of South Beach”

InterContinental Miami
Ranked #6 of 124 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed with a buddy of mine for 2 nights in late Feb. I usually come to miami for a break 2-3 times per year so was definitely over the south beach experience. I actually prefer staying in the downtown area because its less chaotic plus it provides better access for me to move around the rest of So. Florida. The hotel is nice, location is great, staff are courteuous. Only issue I had was that I booked a reservation for 2 nights but for some reason their system had me only for a night (found out after checking in when I couldn't get into my room). I found out the hard way when the keys to my room didn't work at 4pm the next day when I tried to get back in. The staff cleared up the issue but I felt that there was a disconnect in communication of some sort between staff members/management. The hotel itself is really nice though.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Amit K
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear Amit K,

Thank you for your comments. We are glad that inconveniences you experienced did not negatively affect your stay at our hotel and that we were able to quickly resolve the issue. We can assure you that your comments have been addressed with our staff. Indeed, the location is great. Located in the heart of downtown Miami, the hotel offers a respite from the hustle and bustle of city life, but it is still close to ample transportation and the area's top attractions. Again, we thank you for your comments on the look to our hotel and courteous staff. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel on your next trip to Miami.

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Miami

Reviewed March 13, 2013

It is a 5 star hotel and of course there is not much to complain about except for pricing. It's just a great hotel with exceptional view but on the too expensive side for me to choose for a normal vacation. Now we got a special deal due to a conference that was held in the same hotel. The breakfast was also excellent but too expensive. I've never gotten the American style to charge extra for breakfast. For this room price it just should be included.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear STILoo,

Thank you for the 5 star review. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, but we are also disappointed that it did not completely meet your expectations. Please know that we take comments like yours seriously and have addressed them with the respective deparments, as we are continually updating our standard policies to improve the overall guest experience. Indeed, Ole is a great breakfast restaurant, offering the very best for those on the go or for a power business breakfast. We hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a top notch experience on your next trip to Miami, whether for business or leisure. And please let us know if we may be of any assistance in planning a future stay.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I was attending a Charity Ball at the Hotel InterContinental Miami and decided as a treat to spend that Saturday and Sunday staying as a guest. Even though I live less than 20 minutes away I felt like I was on vacation based on the service and treatment we received at the Hotel, from the arrival at valet to the check out at noon the next day. I have to especially thank Eduardo Rosello, as the chef concierge he was one of the main reasons the overnight stay felt like a vacation away. I brought along my son to spend time together and to celebrate his birthday. Eduardo had cake and champagne deliver to the room and we toasted to a great year while looking out at the amazing view of Miami.
This weekend was a great example of not needing to go far to be able to feel pampered and important and that even if you just have time for one night you can feel refreshed and invigorated .

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear J T,

Indeed, staycations are the best, especially at the InterContinental Miami! The hotel is an oasis with in paradise. There are so many great on-property amenities to enjoy and we are close to many of the area's top attractions. We continually encourage all Miami residents to take part in staycations. There is no such thing as too short a vacation. We will make sure to share your comments with Rosello. We look forward to hosting another memorable staycation and please let us know if we can be of any assistance in planning a future stay.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

This hotel was recently refurbished, though corners were cut. No water pressure. Cheap furnishings. No turndown service either night I stayed. $15 to use the gym! No one told me about that charge until I got the bill. Restaurant (Toro Toro) was average. My reaction is that I will never stay at an Intercontinental again. I'll stick to Starwood properties.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank vikingal

Dear vikingal,

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations as we strive to provide the very best experience to all of our guests. Please know that we take all of your comments seriously and they have been addressed in the respective departments. At the moment we do charge a fee for access to the fitness facilities, but we are continually evaluating our policies to better fit the needs of our guests. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide with a fantastic experience. The InterContinental brand is one of the best in the world. And please let us know if we may be of any assistance in planning a future trip to Miami. Furthermore, we encourage you to reach out to us directly if you would like to further discuss any of the inconveniences you experienced.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

really a very nice place,rooms are so well maintained and furnished
walked in and first thing we see is a huge picture window overlooking the bay
at night you can see the city lights and the boats in the bay!
very comfortable, clean and relaxing!

Room Tip: we stayed in room 2705 27th floor, you wont be disappointed, i promise!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear michael p,

Thank you for the great remarks. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Indeed, the views from our guestrooms are fantastic. It's easy to waste the day away watching the ships on Biscayne Bay. We look forward to welcoming you back to our home soon.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Excellent hotel, great location, great view and excellent service. I can highly recommend this hotel. I would like to mention that the front desk staff were really great especially Hilaine, who made the trip very special. Thank you and I hope to see you again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kelly D

Dear Kelly D,

Thank you for the excellent comments. We are so glad that you enjoyed your entire experience at the InterContinental Miami. Indeed, we offer exceptional service and our guestrooms offer some of the best views of both Biscayne Bay and downtown Miami. We hope to see you again soon, too.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

The overall atmosphere is very relaxing, the food at Toro Toro is fantastic, and the drinks at the bar the best I have ever had! The staff is very well trained and will go the extra mile to please one. Ysaac Nanin is the best addition to the hotel. He is OVER THE TOP!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear Arleen T,

Thank you for your positive review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your experience at Toro Toro. Indeed, the staff at Toro Toro is superb, always going the extra mile for whatever the guest may need. We will make sure to share your comments with the staff. We look forward to being your go-to dining choice in downtown Miami, whether for lunch, dinner, or happy hour.