“Experience at the Intercontinental Miami: Well Exceeded Expectations” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of InterContinental Miami

InterContinental Miami
Ranked #8 of 121 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
West Bay, Grand Cayman
“Experience at the Intercontinental Miami: Well Exceeded Expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

While travelling back to the states for a brief vacation from living abroad for a year, I decided to plan a 2-day stay at the Intercontinental Miami. To locate this hotel at night among every other elaborate building that's been scattered all along Flagler road was effortless, which probably had a lot to do with how well the hotel was illuminated. As soon as I pulled up, I was greeted by Valet, in which they offered to take my luggage. Since I was just checking in and heading back out to the city, they allowed me to leave my car standing at a convenient spot close to the front of the hotel. I hastily made my way to the front desk, knowing that Valet had kindly done me a favor by watching my vehicle. The interior of the place was incredible. I took a moment to admire the feel of how classy, yet modern and technologically sophisticated the atmosphere was. From the front desk, Alejandro was there to present me with my itinerary and room card. Now, I had just left a place known for how cordial the people are. And keeping in mind how rushed and insincere the people of Miami can sometimes be... I was pleasantly surprise by the way he had presented himself. I even openly commented to how impressed I was with how polite and patient he was with me. That's one of the many things that stuck out while on my stay there last month. The morning of my second day there, I went to the breakfast bar downstairs. The food was amazing, and the price...reasonable. But is to be expected as with most 4-5 star hotels. After breakfast, I went back to my room to plan the rest of my day to visit friends and family. I almost forgot to mention how amazing the view was of the port of Miami, with it's cruise ships all docked in perfect perpendicular fashion from my window. On my way out of the hotel, I met Ingrid and chatted with her briefly. She was also just as friendly as the people at the front desk, and said to let her know if I had any questions or if there was anything she could do to help make my stay more enjoyable. I thanked her and headed towards Valet. The guys were timely, and worthy of a tip. Around 3 in the afternoon, I came back to the hotel and inquired to a lady at the front desk about an amenity that was supposedly included with my stay, but had yet to receive. That night I came back to the hotel to find a bottle of wine, two clean wine glasses, and a plate of fresh fruit placed on the table. Customer service was flawless... Even while browsing the gift shop, they had assisted me with finding something that would alleviate my head-cold. I'm so thankful to not have to make a trip out to the bustling city just to find a couple Advil.

I would definitely plan another stay here... Keep up the great work, Intercontinental Miami!

Room Tip: I'd recommend a room on a higher floor, facing North where port is. You can see all of the beaut...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Del C
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Del C,

Thank you for the detailed review. We love reading comments like yours as it gives us a great snapshot of your experience at our hotel and in this case, it was fantastic. We strive to provide top notch service to all of our guests and we are glad to have surpassed your expectations. We are always at our guest's sides to provide them with whatever they may need, no matter what the request. Indeed, the views from our guestrooms are spectacular; it's easy to waste the day watching the cruise ships go in and out of Biscayne Bay. Also, thank you for the compliments on the new technological touches to our hotel. They are great for travelers who want to be in the know about everything Miami. We look forward to being your home away from home on trips to Miami and please let us know if there is anything that we can do to make your future stay or vacation impeccable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,210)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed at the InterContinental just a few days in February. One of the bellman, a cuban gay, Guillermo was very helpful with us. We bother him several times with different requests but he was very patient with us. He was a great professional all the time. This guy is amazing! It was a pleasure interact with him. If you really need something ask this guy...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Mary953,

Thank you for the fantastic compliments. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to make it exceptional. We are always at our guest's side for whatever they may need, no matter the request. Comfort and top notch service are our #1 priorities. We will make sure to let Guillermo know that he contributed to a memorable experience. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Miami.
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I had my wedding at this hotel and I couldn't have asked for more! Great and friendly staff! Ana Falcon deals with events and she is awesome. The rooms are beautiful and the food is great. Everyone at the wedding had something good to say about the hotel. Very pleased ad highly recommend!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Monique B
Dear Monique B,

Thank you for the amazing review and congratulations on your wedding. We are ecstatic to have been able to provide you with exceptional service on one of life's most important days. We will make sure to let Ana Falcon along with the rest of the staff know that they contributed to a memorable experience. Again, thank you for the high compliments as special events are our specialty. We look forward to hosting many more wonderful events for you and please let us know if we may be of any assistance in planning a future memorable experience or stay.
Atlantic City, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

It was a pleasure to stay in the InterContinental Miami, absolutly recommendable,
also amazing dining at ToroToro "must do" if you stay at the InterContinental , courteous staff and rooms with view to the port of miami and the bay, we also went to the shooping plaza near the hotel,The lobby and front desk were amazing, thanks to Carlos from Front Desk he was always there to assist us and our bellman Bill that always greet us with a welcome Back,The parking staff had a great energy they even learn us some small words in spanish, Dani brought our car and he offered us water bottles.

Thanks to all the staff for making us feel at home!!!

Room Tip: I recommend dinner at Toro Toro
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Teresa L
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Teresa L,

Thank you for the great review and excellent dining recommendation. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at the InterContinental Miami. Thank you the compliments on our exceptional staff. Indeed, they strive to go above and beyond for the ultimate satisfaction of our guests and we are glad that you noticed. We are also glad to know that you had the opportunity to enjoy the sights and sounds of our vibrant city. We will make sure to share your positive comments with our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Miami and please let us know if we may be of any assistance in planning a future stay.
miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Today was another one of many wonderful experiences I've had at the InterContinental Hotel. But I must say, the food at the newly opened Toro Toro was beyond excellent. I enjoyed every single item on the menu. Our host Ysaac Nanin provided an array of options, which then allowed us to confidently recommend the restaurant to our executives for lunches and/or other business events. The property, which has been newly renovated is current and inviting. I've enjoyed the amenities of the hotel for many years but am very happy to say that the most recent changes, although met with some initial trepdiations, have well exceeded expectations. We are very lucky to have such a high calibre hotel and supporting staff readily available to accommodate our needs. Thank You!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear mamabearMiami,

Welcome back to our home and thank you for the excellent review! We are so glad that we are able to provide you with a great experience time and time again. Additionally, we thank you for the compliments on the new look and amenities to our hotel. We will make sure to share your exceptional remarks with our team in order to continue this level of service all around. We look forward to hosting you for another great meal at Toro Toro or a stay in one of our modern guestrooms. Please let us know if we may be of any assistance in planning a future memorable experience.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Today a couple of friends and I had a great lunch at Toro Toro. Ariel was great with his Team, and the service was top notch. The churrasco and the pan de bono was awesome . I also got some swordfish dip which was great. Thank you guys.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank chuncho88
Dear chuncho88,

Thank you for the top notch review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your entire experience at Toro Toro. Indeed, the service and food are explempory and we are glad to have surpassed your expectations. We will make sure to share your comments with Ariel and the rest of his team. Foodwise we agree, the pan de bono are addictive. Again, thank you for the compliments. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

Who would have known that in such a big hotel and especially in an elevator, there can actually be an occurance of small talk. The conversation continued into my plans for the day. Thanks to Ingrid, whom I believe works in the Concierge department, I had a great experience in the city. She recommended me to venture to bayside and to some local restaurants with a huge smile on her face! It all began in the elevator when she asked me how I was doing. Just wanted to say thank you for everything. Other than that, the hotel was nice and my room was spacious.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Lourdes M,

Thank you for reviewing the InterContinental Miami. We love reading comments like yours. It is the little details that make all the difference, making a regular experience exceptional. We are glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy our city on our trip. The concierge team is our best hidden secret as they know about what's hot around town. We will make sure to let Ingrid know that she contributed to a memorable trip. Should your travels bring you back to Miami, we look forward to welcoming you back.