“stayed at the intercontinental miami”

InterContinental Miami
Ranked #6 of 124 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 20, 2013

what a great hotel with excellent service both indoor and out (clean). Our doorman Mario, was very polite and professional. Great doorman! Keep up the good work. The walk to the outside shops and food were within a block. The hotel has a great view of the bay.

Room Tip: Bayside. see the ships come in
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear terry s,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are glad that you enjoyed your overall stay and that you had the opportunity to enjoy the sights and sounds of our vibrant city. Indeed, the hotel is close to many of the area's choice dining and shopping. The views from our guestrooms are great as well. We will make sure to let Mario know that he contributed to a memorable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Miami

Reviewed February 20, 2013

The InterContinental in Miami was a great property. The hotel was clean and well-appointed. We stayed the night on Valentine's Day because we were boarding a cruise the next morning. The hotel is a great location for those leaving from the cruise port - only about a $10-15 cab ride. You can actually see the cruise port from the hotel.

I gave the hotel a lower rating because of my check-in experience. I went to the front desk alone while my boyfriend talked to the concierge about dinner plans. As the front desk woman looked up my reservation, she said that they had no more king beds available. We had reserved a king bedroom, so I was disappointed one wasn't available. She continued to check me in as my boyfriend walked up beside me. She suddenly said, "Oh, you're together? Let me see if I actually have any king beds available." She did find one, and we stayed in a king bed. However, I didn't like being lied to, and essentially discriminated against because this person thought I was single. I thought it was very rude and presumptuous. Makes you question what else they lie to you about when checking in to a hotel!

Dear Leah C,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your accommodations and glad that the inconveniences you experienced during check-in did not negatively affect your overall stay. Please know that we take your comments seriously and have address them with our staff. Guest comfort is our top priority! Indeed, the hotel is ideal for cruise travelers as we are located in close proximity to the Port of Miami. A stay at the hotel is a great way to kick off or wind down any vacation. We look forward to welcoming you back to our home soon and please let us know if we may be of any assistance in planning a future stay.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed at the time of my first Full Marathon. First lets go over the service: The Frond Desk=AWSOME!!! Concierge= AWSOME!!! Room Service=AWSOME the employees at starbucks= AWSOME!!! Bell Boys=AWSOME!!! As you can see I LOVED the staff in this establishment and its not because they speak Englis and Spanish its becaus of their warm hearted nature to go beyond their job and or duties.
Now the hotel is GORGEOUS, up to date and extremely clean.
Then there is the little thing called LOCATION. its in the heart of downtown MIAMI, steps away from the finish line, and a short 3 blocks from the starting line....even if my husband had over slept the day of the event he couldve seen me cross the finish line from our room window!!!
Please stay here for a few days and you agree with me. I will certaintly stay here again for the next marathon.

Room Tip: Sorry I need my room available when I go back. ;-)
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear nina12873,

Wow! Thank you for the exceptional review and congratulations on your first full marathon. We love rolling out the red carpet for all of our guests and we are glad to have surpassed your expectations. We will make sure to share your wonderful comments with our entire staff. Indeed, our location is great. The InterContinental Miami is located in the heart of downtown Miami and close to many of the area's top attractions. Again, we are so glad that you enjoyed your accommodations and we look forward to being your choice hotel on future trips to Miami. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

The rooms are in need of updating. The full size mirror was detached and leaning against the wall with the screws protruding. Good location for business in downtown Miami, but better hotels are nearby. I don't plan to stay here on my next business trip. On the positive side, I had room service for dinner and the food was very good (exceptional for room service).

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of the bay.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank bshutts
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear bshutts,

Thank you for the review. We are sorry that the inconveniences you experienced led to a less than perfect experience at our hotel. Please know that we take comments like yours seriously and they have been addressed with the appropriate department. Thank you for the compliments on our in-room dining. Indeed, the room service at our hotel is top notch. We hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a signature InterContinental experience and please let us know if we may be of any assistance in planning a future stay.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Dear sirs......my husband and I had the pleasure of staying with you for a few days on January17th. Not only did we enjoy our visit, we wanted to compliment some of your staff. The conseierge gentleman was in the eleavator with Kenny, and he brought him to look up car rental return facilities. All this by Kenny just asking a question. (Very helpful). Upon checkout, went and headed downstairs to continue our month-long trip. Needless to say, we had MONSTER BAGS with us for the duration.MARIO the Doorman was there with a smile, as well as some musscles, and put those monsters in the back of the car without batting an eyelash! We both work in the hospitality business, and thought this should be shared with you. It's alywas a good feeling to get some recognition! So hats off to Mario!!!!! Hope he can get the atta boy he deserves! We'll definately to see you again! Thank you, Kim and Kenny O'Neill 360 Phinneys Lane, Centerville, MA 02632. kimbakook@yahoo.com......kennyo51066@yahoo.com

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear Kimbakook5106,

Thank you for the great comments. We are so glad that to have been able to provide you with a fantastic experience. We are always at our guests' side for whatever they may need. It is our pleasure. Thank you for the compliments on our staff, we will make sure to share your comments with them. Again, we love being able to provide that VIP experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to our home soon.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We had just booked a suite for one night as we were leaving on a cruise the following day. We had planned to arrive earlier in the afternoon but due to a myriad of airline and weather delays, we arrived around 9:00 p.m., a little tired and frustrated after a day of airline issues.

Prior to our stay, I had contacted the hotel directly as I had a few questions in regards to the room configuration. They were answered quickly and a great deal of detail was provided.

When we arrived, the hotel was pretty full and we feared our room would be gone (even though we pre-paid). We were happily given an upgrade to a very beautiful suite with terrific views of the bay, downtown and the port. We were thrilled with the suite, the cleanliness and the quality of the furnishings etc. It may our day.

Sadly, due to our late arrival, we just had energy left for room service, which was excellent (and quick). In the morning, we use the Executive Lounge to grab some breakfast items.

I cannot speak to the facilities such as the pool/fitness room or the spa as we did not use during our stay.

From our initial inquiry to check-out, I had nothing but an extremely positive experience. I found that the various staff members I dealt with were energetic, professional, and helpful and they truly understand exceptional customer service.

I would definitely choose this hotel again!

Dear lttravel92,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your accommodations and that we were able to provide you with a stress-free experience after a long day of traveling. Indeed, our hotel is ideal for cruise travelers as we are in close proximity to the Port of Miami. Thank you for the compliments on our cleanliness, professional staff and look. We will make sure to share your lovely comments with the entire team. We look forward to hosting you for a longer stay and hope that you will be back soon.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for my last anniversary and I misplaced my wallet. But I'm glad I can count on the excellent security staff and the head of security Marshall he helped find my wallet and got it back to me. I will be coming back to this hotel and I will tell all my friends about my great experience here.

• Stayed: March 2012

Dear Sr20dedriver,

Thank you for the great review. We are ecstatic to have been able to provide you with exceptional service. We love reading comments like yours and we will make sure to share your experience with our entire staff. Indeed, we strive to provide a comforting 'home away from home' feeling to all of our guests. Thank you for the recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and please let us know if we may be of any assistance in planning a future stay.