“Amazing customer service”

InterContinental Miami
Ranked #7 of 125 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I spent 3 nights in your hotel and i really enjoyed the decoration, the room, the place. I was also surprised by your excellent customer service. Lily, concierge agent was taking care of all aspects. She recommended us many restaurants, clubs, and attractions.
Thank you so much, we really enjoyed it.
So much great memories, we will definitely come back..

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear Cathleen M,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel. We are glad that we surpassed your expectations and that your stay was memorable. We strive to offer top notch service to all of our guests. Thank you for noticing! Indeed, our concierge is one of our best kept secrets. They hold the key to some of the city's best information. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and please let us know if we may be of any assistance in planning your next trip to Miami.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Amazing hotel! We stayed here for one night prior to a cruise and we loved it. The room we had overlooked the port so in the morning we seen the ships come in. The location in great also within walking distance is a Starbucks, Ross, Marshall's, and a CVS. Would stay again for sure. Restaurant was great food great service great value no complaints.

Room Tip: Pick one over looking the bay!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear TravelingC0uple,

Thank you for the amazing review. We are a great hotel for cruise travelers as we are in close proximity to the Port of Miami and in walking distance to some of the area's coolest shopping. Indeed, we offer magnificent views of Biscayne Bay. We are glad that you enjoyed your accommodations and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the downtown Miami area.

Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

I was there for 2 nights and it was really pleasure. The hotel is located in front of the Biscayne Bay and it is walking distance to Bayside, Hard Rock Cafe and AA Arena. And there is also a metromover stop just a few steps from the hotel. The staff was really great, the room was huge and clean, with a breathless view, bathroom amenities and king size bed. The only problem is the USD 38 fee for parking and USD17 for Internet access.

Dear Silmara S,

Thank you for the amazing review. It was a pleasure having you stay with us. We are so glad that you enjoyed your accommodations as well some of the sights and sounds of our vibrant city. Indeed, we are in the heart of Miami in close proximity to some of the area's best attractions like the American Airlines Arena and Bayside Marketplace. Overnight parking is $36, but it is comparable to other downtown price points. We look forward to having you back and please let us know if we can be of any help in planning your future stay with us.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Used this hotel to connect off a flight to a cruise as it is close to the port. The hotel is good in itself.
The bar is in the lobby and it pretty poor as its literally completely open to the lobby.
Rooms are a good size, very well presented, 100% clean and have black out automatic blinds. Bathrooms are great with a 2 headed shower.
Staff all very good as you would expect in the US.
Also as you expect breakfast is criminally expensive but the staff keep you full of juice and coffee at regular intervals.

Not a base for exploring Miami but good for access to the port or business.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear ArcfireSG,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. Please know that we value your comments as we use them to enhance the overall guest experience. We strive to provide the best service to all our of guests and we are glad that you noticed. The InterContinental Miami is located in the perfect location right on Biscayne Bay in close proximity to the some of the area’s hottest attractions and the Port of Miami. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to Miami.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

The location is this hotel best assest. I found the front staff and the front office assistant manager about as pleasant as sandpapering a lions butt. The quickly try to dismiss issues with a disingenuous smile and I have something else I rather being doing attitude. The room was okay. It was not fabulous as you would expect if you travel and have stayed in other hotels that are considered to be similar. I will not choose this hotel again unless the others in the vincity are booked and the only thing left is the motel 6 or motel 8. I stayed at it's competitors. I give the edge to the the others by leaps and bounds.

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear syteceer,

Thank you for reviewing the InterContinental Miami. Our sincerest apologies that the inconveniences you experienced led to a less than perfect stay at our hotel. Please know that reviews like yours receive high priority attention so that corrective measures can be taken. I assure you we have addressed your coments with the staff. 100% guest satisfaction and service are top priorities! If your travels ever bring you back to MIami, we hope that you will give us a chance to make your stay a great one!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Well, i'll take the clean room over overdone flashy lobby any day.

First of all, having read all the reviews on TA I was somewhat prepared for all the extra charges(yes, there are many), less then stellar food and the kinks in service. Based on mostly positive feedback and having come for a conference, however, I decided to give this place a try anyway.
What I have not anticipated was the severity of the housekeeping problem.

When I checked in I got an unexpected upgrade to the bay view room. It's true, the view is breathtaking. Sadly so was the lack of cleanliness in the room. I found someone's old zip-locked grapes in the mini-bar, the carpets were full of funk from previous guests, hair in the toilet stall (yes, that kind), dried out sticky stains on the desk, dust in random places... the list goes on.

Went back to the check-in desk, and the receptionist was very sweet. She apologized and moved me to yet another "upgraded" room with a bonus of free wifi (which was appreciated). Well... it was a bit cleaner, yet one of the bed-side lights was out, and left closet door permanently stuck. There were smudges on the inside of the window. Surely not a 4* make, but at least I could live with it.

After the housekeeping rounds next day, things deteriorated once again. The sheets on the bed were not changed despite hotel claiming they should be. Have they been changed before i arrived? Who knows... I have my doubts about some of the used towels being "recycled" even though I did place them on the floor, and the shower glass door remained stained from my morning bathing.

Honestly, I am quite appalled and would compare the level of such housekeeping to that of a cheap motel. Indeed, I will feel lucky if i do not contract anything after my stay.

Add to this nearly inedible breakfast food, and you get the picture.
Btw, the room service personal tried to make the breakfast tray sound appealing upon arrival, but there is only so much you can say to uptalk the cold stale egg benedict.

In short - if you are somehow lucky enough to get a clean room upon check in, I would suggest putting "do not disturb" sign on your door for the rest of the stay.
Better yet, skip this hotel altogether.

P.S.
There seems to be a bit of confusion about the room service menu. Two different rooms, two different menus (one was wrinkled. Just saying.) Which one was out of date? All this really does not paint a luxurious picture.

Room Tip: Hm...bring your own towels/sheets
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear DC_traveler_gal,

Thank you for your review. Our sincerest apologies that the inconveniences you experienced led to a less than perfect stay at our hotel. We value your communication with us and please know we have investigated each incident in the respective departments and took corrective measures to ensure situations like these do not happen again. Utmost cleanliness and great service are top priorities! We regret that we did not fully meet your expectations on this visit, we hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back. We would like to personally assist you in planning your next stay with us, please let us know how we can be of assistance.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed at the intercontinental miami last week for my engagement party with my friends. I have to say I was impressed by the service since I crossed the door. The valet guys, the bellman Andreas.. Everyone super nice at all times. The lobby is all renovated with the newest technology and the new bar is just beautiful. The front desk manager Gabriella Iturralde gave us the best personalized service, recommended us restaurants to go to, looked up the addresses for us, phone numbers, always with a beautiful smile exceeding out expectations without a doubt. When I tried to tip her she declined it nicely and just said that she just wanted us to have a nice time so this is my way to thank her for make us feel like home... Without hesitation you have to experience the new intercontinental miami and with staff like Ms. Iturralde is just a pleasure to go to the front desk just to say good morning.

• Stayed: November 2012
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Dear Fmoguelc,

Thank you for the flawless review. Congratulations on your engagement! We are ecstatic that you enjoyed your accommodations and the new touches to our hotel. We strive to provide our guests with exceptional individualized service. We will make sure to let the whole staff know that they contributed to your memorable stay. We hope that you will be back soon.