“My excellent stay at Intercontinental Miami”

InterContinental Miami
Ranked #6 of 124 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This is my second visit to this hotel which was quiet an improvement from the last time and had the galore of a five star hotel, i was especially appreciative of the ladies at the front desk, namely Kerry Ann, Angelica and Amelia, who took the time to not only inform me of my privileges at the hotel but also made me fell quiet welcome and had me wishing that i had more time there with their warm and sincerity. Thank you ladies so much for taking care of me and i will be back thanks to you.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Dear nikkijacobs,

Thank you for the excellent review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your accommodations. Total guest satisfaction is our #1 priority and our staff always goes above and beyond to fulfill guests' needs. We will make sure to let Kerry Ann, Angelica, and Amelia along with the rest of the staff know they contributed to your memorable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Miami

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I was in Miami with my wife and daughter for 5 nights, the hotel staff are fantastic especially Aimee Gunn the breakfast staff. There were lots of construction during our stay but did not affect us in any way as it was managed properly.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear DEE K,

Thank you for your great review. Indeed, we are in the middle of a renovation and have made every effort to ensure our guests are not impacted. We will make sure to let Aimee as well as the rest of the staff that they contributed to a fantastic stay. We look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

The "NEW" Intercontinental has all the glitz and glamour you could imagine! From the Times-Square-like entrance to the tip of the top of the roof the hotel has been re-created!

I was a tad skeptical when I read several older reviews but all of that is in the past. THIS hotel ROCKS!!! Renovation is complete and the rooms are delightful!!!

Three valets greeted my car last week. Two bellmen wanted to carry my bags. The front desk handed me a printed sheet full of discounts for spa, bar, food, etc and a bottle of water. The corner room's view was breathtaking! The water, the ships, the twinkling lights of the skyline.

The large bathroom with a shower and two showerheads AND a separate bathtub. Fragrant amenities by Agraria of San Francisco in lemon verbena flavor. PLUSH bathrobe, spacious in-closet safe big enough to hold my jewelry, purse AND laptop. Loved the chocolate-covered almonds gifted from Guest Services. AND a heavenly bed with numerous pillows opposite a wall-sized flat screen allowed me to gaze out the 10foot wide window as I sat at a L-shaped desk bigger than the boss's back home.

All this pales compared to the greatest asset at the Intercontinental in Miami. His name is Eduardo Rosello, the Chef Concierge. His ability to turn my chaos into bliss far exceeded my expectations. Thank you Eduardo!

And I watched and listened as Concierge Juan-Carlos had a quick response for all the questions being asked by a bevy of curious travelers.
Closest Irish bar? Got it.
Party place in South Beach? Got it.
Time for next shuttle to the game? Got it.
I was dizzy after five minutes. The Concierges are full of wisdom and I appreciate their excellence in professionalism.

All of which is why I gave the Closest to the PORT and Bayside Marketplace hotel accolades to the Miami Intercontinental!!

AND presented the hotel manager, Robert Hill, with a "Reviewed on tripadvisor.com" window sticker...

Room Tip: High and facing the port. Room-darkening shade turns dawn into night...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sophie_Houston

Dear Sophie_Houston,

Thank you for the fantastic review! Indeed, we are in the final stages of our renovation. Thank you for noticing and loving the new touches to our hotel! We are thrilled to know we exceeded your expectations. Total guest satisfaction is our #1 priority and our staff always goes above and beyond to fulfill guests’ needs. We are pleased to hear you had a positive experience with our Concierge service and had the chance to experience the sights and sounds of our city. We will make sure to let Eduardo along with the rest of our staff know they contributed to your memorable stay. We look forward to having you back and please let us know if we can personally assist you in planning your future stay at the InterContinental Miami.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

The hotel is in the downtown area , the area is called biscayne lane (close to the bay side market place) .... 15-20 mins drive away from the Miami airport.

pros -
good location, great views from the hotel, very good service, nice rooms/bathrooms, breakfast is good, starbucks inside the hotel , monorail/bayside marketplace walkwable , for places far off- the travel desk arranges shuttle service (30 USD-to/fro to major shopping malls and there are other tours by them as well, there are touch screens in the lobby which gives you a lot of information about the things to do in Miami with maps..,..

cons-
30usd/day parking fee if u use the hotel parking , can be very crowded during weekends (if u are checking in ), the location is very business centric, most things nearby close down early evening , even most restaurants... there is not much near by in terms of touristic things except the bayside market place, most malls/ tours ,except the boat tours are a bit far off from the hotel, there is a small fee for luggage storage, early checkin is also charged @ 100 USD (subject to availability) , though I was lucky not to be charged as I had the conference in the same hotel starting early morning and they were flexible in checking me in early (big thank you to the hotel for that service:) , though the late checkout is charged at 40 USD :( ... no leverage on that i guess..., there is a charge on the use of fitness centre on daily basis, the internet is charged (but we had a package deal so that was free for us).....

Overall a great place to stay -good location/quality of service would definetely recommend

Room Tip: use the travel desk at the hotel for information on getting around the town ... there are a lot of r...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
7  Thank nyk1981

Dear nyk1981,

Thank you for your detailed review of the InterContinental Miami and for the recommendation. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. The hotel is located in the heart of Downtown Miami in close proximity to some of the area’s best attractions like the American Airlines Arena, Bayside Marketplace, the Adrienne Arsht Center, and a short cab ride to South Beach. Our Concierge offers the best information for all of the area’s top attractions. Indeed, overnight parking is $36, but it is comparable to other downtown price points. At this moment, we also do charge fees for use of the fitness center and Internet. Our sincerest apologies that the inconveniences you experienced with the late checkout fees led to a less than perfect stay, but please know that comments like these receive high priority in order to improve the overall guest experience. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Miami and please let us know if we may be of any assistance.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I was in Miami for a business visit and stayed at this hotel for a week. The location is good and staff are very friendly. They were very helpful whenever we asked for a help. However, the internet at the hotel is a bit slow and on some days it disconnects quite a lot. If you are looking for a convenient location with easy access to all Miami attractions and friendly staff. This is the place to be.

Room Tip: Ask for the bay view
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Dear A_D993,

Thank you for the excellent review and recommendation. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay as we like to treat every guest exceptionally. Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with the Internet. We value your feedback and please know we use it to better our future guests’ experiences. Indeed, we are the place to be! The hotel is conveniently located in Downtown Miami close to some of the area’s hottest attractions. We look forward to welcoming you back to the InterContinental Miami.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stay at this hotel chain which goes from Holiday Inn Express to Intercontinental and am fortunate yo be a Platinum prioriy card holder, this gives me so many FREE extras. When I checked in for my 3 night stay I was given a suite on floor 32 , views to die for and a large suite which included bedroom, lounge, 1 &1/2 bathrooms. A bit OTT but what the hell. Free wifi, fruit,drinks and entry to the club loung, free breakfast, free afternoon tea, and free happy hour ( 2 Actually ) well for this we were charged $175 for 2 nights and $195 for 1 night. Now that is what I call GREAT value. I had to stay at a Hotel in Bournemouth 1 week prior tyo this trip and were charged more that that for a very average room no free wifi and no breakfast. Only downside the hotel was full to bursting, I wonder why.

Room Tip: Floor 30 to 33
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Mike D,

Thank you for the great review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your comfortable accommodations. We are also glad that you were able to enjoy all of your upgrades and our Club InterContinental Lounge. Being a Priority Club Member has fabulous perks! We love the views from the 32nd floor too. We do hope you keep us in mind when returning to Miami and let us know if we can be of any assistance in planning your future stay with us.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

The hotel is located on a beautiful location across from a small park and on the waterway. The view from most of the rooms is very good. This was my first stay in an Intercontinental in a while, and I am a Priority Club member - but this hotel reminded my of the airlines -- trying to extra fee me to death.

I arrived on a Monday and was told at checkin that I would get free internet and free "800" calls. I realized on Tuesday that I needed to checkout a day earlier than planned and told the desk. After a conversation behind the desk in Spanish, they informed my I would have to pay $100 early checkout fee even after I stayed 3 days at their hotel. I went to the manager who waved the fee. She was very pleasant and understanding.

I wanted to use the health club for a basic workout -- $15 for that ... when I checked out, they told me I had 1/2 price internet (full price is $17.95 A DAY), not free. They told me I had 7 "800" calls that I had to pay for. I explained that I was told these were free at checkin, and they then comp'ed them.

The rooms were nice and clean ... but I would never choose them again based on my experience.

Room Tip: Plenty of great views so few bad rooms
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jim F

Dear fletchjhome,

Thank you for taking the time to review the InterContinental Miami. We are glad that you enjoyed your accommodations. We apologize for the inconveniences you encountered. Please know that we take your comments seriously as we strive towards improving the overall guest experience. We are truly the prime location to stay in Downtown Miami and we are glad that you noticed. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide an exceptional guest experience. Should your travels ever bring you back to Miami, please let us know if we can personally assist you in planning your future stay with us.