InterContinental Miami
Hyatt Regency Miami(Miami)
Good 3.5/5
  • Bar/Lounge
6,683 results
All reviewstoro torothe club loungebayfront parkbayside marketplacesouth beachbeautiful hotelbay viewbiscayne bayvalet parkingpre cruisecruise terminaldowntown areaper daylobbystarbucksconciergeihg
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I was in Miami for a business visit and stayed at this hotel for a week. The location is good and staff are very friendly. They were very helpful whenever we asked for a help. However, the internet at the hotel is a bit slow and on some days it disconnects quite a lot. If you are looking for a convenient location with easy access to all Miami attractions and friendly staff. This is the place to be.

Room Tip: Ask for the bay view
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear A_D993,

Thank you for the excellent review and recommendation. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay as we like to treat every guest exceptionally. Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with the Internet. We value your feedback and please know we use it to better our future guests’ experiences. Indeed, we are the place to be! The hotel is conveniently located in Downtown Miami close to some of the area’s hottest attractions. We look forward to welcoming you back to the InterContinental Miami.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stay at this hotel chain which goes from Holiday Inn Express to Intercontinental and am fortunate yo be a Platinum prioriy card holder, this gives me so many FREE extras. When I checked in for my 3 night stay I was given a suite on floor 32 , views to die for and a large suite which included bedroom, lounge, 1 &1/2 bathrooms. A bit OTT but what the hell. Free wifi, fruit,drinks and entry to the club loung, free breakfast, free afternoon tea, and free happy hour ( 2 Actually ) well for this we were charged $175 for 2 nights and $195 for 1 night. Now that is what I call GREAT value. I had to stay at a Hotel in Bournemouth 1 week prior tyo this trip and were charged more that that for a very average room no free wifi and no breakfast. Only downside the hotel was full to bursting, I wonder why.

Room Tip: Floor 30 to 33
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Mike D,

Thank you for the great review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your comfortable accommodations. We are also glad that you were able to enjoy all of your upgrades and our Club InterContinental Lounge. Being a Priority Club Member has fabulous perks! We love the views from the 32nd floor too. We do hope you keep us in mind when returning to Miami and let us know if we can be of any assistance in planning your future stay with us.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

The hotel is located on a beautiful location across from a small park and on the waterway. The view from most of the rooms is very good. This was my first stay in an Intercontinental in a while, and I am a Priority Club member - but this hotel reminded my of the airlines -- trying to extra fee me to death.

I arrived on a Monday and was told at checkin that I would get free internet and free "800" calls. I realized on Tuesday that I needed to checkout a day earlier than planned and told the desk. After a conversation behind the desk in Spanish, they informed my I would have to pay $100 early checkout fee even after I stayed 3 days at their hotel. I went to the manager who waved the fee. She was very pleasant and understanding.

I wanted to use the health club for a basic workout -- $15 for that ... when I checked out, they told me I had 1/2 price internet (full price is $17.95 A DAY), not free. They told me I had 7 "800" calls that I had to pay for. I explained that I was told these were free at checkin, and they then comp'ed them.

The rooms were nice and clean ... but I would never choose them again based on my experience.

Room Tip: Plenty of great views so few bad rooms
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jim F

Dear fletchjhome,

Thank you for taking the time to review the InterContinental Miami. We are glad that you enjoyed your accommodations. We apologize for the inconveniences you encountered. Please know that we take your comments seriously as we strive towards improving the overall guest experience. We are truly the prime location to stay in Downtown Miami and we are glad that you noticed. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide an exceptional guest experience. Should your travels ever bring you back to Miami, please let us know if we can personally assist you in planning your future stay with us.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

we stayed in this hotel from the 15th Sept to the 19th Sept
and the whole experience was just Amazing ... the location was great for a holiday break
the hotel has a lot going on all around -- 100 yards you have the Bayside with lots of resturants and bars and live open air bands on everynite... also a Hardrock cafe and some shops ... you also have the main stops for the hop on hop off buses plus the water taxis and mini cruise ships to check out the area.... Downtown Miami is just across the road and up a few blocks ... also buzzing during the day .. but wouldnt venture there at nite!!
the hotel rooms, staff and swimming pool were all 5 *

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank deano999
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear deano999,

Thank you for the amazing review and recommendation. Indeed, we are located on Biscayne Bay in close proximity to some of the area's hottest attractions like Bayside and South Beach. Additionally, there are lots of great transportation options nearby. Thank you for the suggestion. We are thrilled that you were able to enjoy the sights and sounds of our city. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Miami.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I left the hotel really disgusted. I would like to make all of you conscious of their terrible commercial strategy. I ve paid U$S 170 per night but everything I used in the hotel I had to pay it as an extra.
Most services that every regular hotel includes, in this hotel you will have to pay it additionally. Internet, widely included in rmost hotel rates will cost you U$S 17 p/day!( in lobby also) I tried to run in the gym would cost me U$S 15 since Gym is not included!, Parking will cost you U$S 36 as expensive as New york and you dont have any other place to park, coffee pack in inroom coffee maker will cost you U$S 19 and to complete this incredible picture I asked to the concierge to keep my luggage for a couple of hours till I go to the airport and he present me a ticket with a U$S 1 charge per bag!!!! So guys the real price of this hotel would be more than U$S 250... and is not worth that price at all. To make this scene more colorful all the staff of bellboys were violent tip hunters!! I left this old hotel with the sour feeling of having been abused...

Room Tip: Do not be fooled when they said ocean view is a next door building with a rear ocean view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Julio D
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear Julio D,

Thank you for your detailed review of the InterContinental Miami. Our sincerest apologies that the inconveniences you experienced led to a less than perfect stay at our hotel. Please know that reviews like yours receive high priority attention so that corrective measures can be taken. I assure you we have addressed your comments with the staff. If your travels ever bring you back to Miami,we hope that you will give us a chance to make your stay a great one!