I had always anticipated equal or better quality to standard Hilton/Marriott from the Intercontinental chain. This ghetto-hotel has set me straight.
1. The staff generally couldn't care less about customer service. The protocol for dealing with legitimate customer issues is to ignore-and-hope-it-go-away.
2. The room cleaning service was a joke: entire table services left uncleaned, missing towels, layers of dust, complementary toiletries not replaced, cushions and bed covers left on the floor. There was a special surprise everyday on our 6 night stay. Room safe was locked closed on arrival.
3. They ignored a request for a king bed and baby crib made over a six weeks in advance.
4. The hotel is misrepresented on the website as having a minibar (essential for keeping baby's food cold, and a prerequisite for selecting a hotel) in each room. Apparently, the "newly renovated" (read: tacky dated nineties low-ceiling) rooms have no minibar yet and the non-renovated (read: possibly tackier eighties low-ceiling) do. It took escalation to the manager and much arguing to finally get a fridge in the room.
The location is convenient for staying downtown, and the updated bathrooms with dual-head shower (but, unfortunately, low water pressure) are the best feature.
Avoid until these folks attain some semblance of professionalism.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Shining Star Among Downtown Miami Hotels Miami is truly one of the world's most vibrant tropical playgrounds. In this stunning locale, a pulsing nightlife, brilliant white-sand beaches, and sizzling culture combine for the perfect getaway. Stay at the InterContinental Miami to savor the best of this colorful city. Our alluring downtown Miami hotel offers richly appointed accommodations and breathtaking views of Biscayne Bay. Immerse yourself in luxurious elegance - just minutes from South Beach, the Port of Miami, Coconut Grove, and Coral Gables. Boasting 641 newly redecorated guest rooms and suites, we're an oasis of sophistication and world-class service. Discover this enchanting downtown Miami Florida hotel, in a magical setting: * Overlooking Biscayne Bay, in the heart of Miami, Florida * Minutes from South Beach, the Port of Miami, Coconut Grove, and Coral Gables* Only 7.5 miles from Miami International Airport (MIA)* Just 25 miles from Fort Lauderdale International Airport (FLL)Indulge In Unrivaled Luxury At Our Hotel In Downtown Miami Our 34-story downtown Miami hotel provides dazzling views and spacious guest rooms and suites. Take advantage of 101,000 square feet of meeting space. Rejuvenate in our state-of-the-art fitness center and mySpa. Whether you're visiting for business or pleasure, this deluxe hotel in downtown Miami offers everything you need for an unforgettable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Prestigia, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your InterContinental Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.