3,914 results
All reviewsriverwalk cafeconvention centerknight centerwhole foodsself parkingsouth beachconcierge deskpeople moverdowntown areahigh floorhotel restaurantpre cruisebiscayne bayconferencevaletmetromoverbayside
Reviewed February 9, 2010

We stayed here for a long weekend and were disappointed in the overall quality and feel of this hotel. We were in a Miami suite, which was larger than a standard room, and had a nice view out the large (but extremely dirty) windows. The room itself was fine (the bed was comfortable) and had been updated within a few years, but it had a musty feeling. The bathroom was very plain and didn't seem to have been updated - more of what you would expect in an outdated Days Inn than an upscale hotel. Overall the hotel felt a little grimy. One of the big problems we had was the traffic situation created at the hotel and on nearby roads when there is an event at the attached convention center. On two nights we encountered massive traffic jams trying to return to the hotel since the hotel entrance and convention center parking both use the same driveway. It took at least an extra 30 to 40 minutes to get back to the hotel. The hotel restaurant and room service were adequate but not great. While staying here, we did walk over to the Intercontinental which is only a few blocks away, and thought that it looked much nicer - we wished we had stayed there!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2010

This hotel definetely suited my needs. Was here for a 2 day conference.. Breakfast, lunch, and coctail hour were part of my conference, and they food was very above average. Fantastic, actually. The only complaint I have from my entire stay is that even on the higher floors ( I was on the 15th), you can still hear horns outside from the cars and cabs. The windows do not keep the noise out. Other than that, however, everything was great.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 2, 2010

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency when we were in town for the Miami Marathon. The rooms were nice and clean, but nothing overly spectacular. The front desk staff were friendly and professional and happily placed me on a high floor, at my request.

We were offered a 40 dollar meal certificate to be used at the hotel restaurant because we booked using a AAA discount. By the way ... ask for the AAA discount because it will also give you 40 dollars off the going rate (at least it did at the time we booked). The swordfish and steak at the hotel restaurant were very very good! In fact, that was the best swordfish that I have ever had!

We would have stayed in the hotel for a second night, but they were booked ;-)

The only negative that I can say about the hotel is that the self parking is a bit of a pain. Though, cost-wise, 12 dollars to park in downtown Miami is not too bad. Oh, and WIFI costs 10 dollars and is not free in the lobby or business center.

Reviewed February 2, 2010

The service from the front desk to the dining room and lunch counter was very friendy.
The room was clean and comfortable.

Reviewed February 1, 2010

I only paid $72 on priceline. that made me happy with the $30 parking and the $10 internet.
Valet was decent, you must valet you car here. They were fast. The room was earthtone and seemed rather 1980's although in decent shape. t-mobile charges 10 a day for noncustomers, but if you already subscribe you can use it here.
Decent bed and pillows. We had lunch in the bar. Overpriced, no flavor and took a long time. Waitress was not very attentive, and the manager didn't get me an item he promised.
Check it was tough. Had to wait over an hour in the lobby for my room....
Overall a good value since i got it on priceline, but I would have been pissed if I had paid full price. It is an average, overpriced, downtown hotel with mediocre service and restaurant.