Hyatt Regency Miami
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$138
Hampton.com
$135
$122
GardenInn.com
Miami Airport Marriott(Miami)(Great Value!)
$164
$193
  • Breakfast included
$127
$103
  • Pool
PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel(Miami)(Great Value!)
$180
$169
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay(Miami)(Great Value!)
$269
$209
$173
Cancelon
3,693 results
All reviewsriverwalk cafeconvention centerknight centerwhole foodsself parkingsouth beachconcierge deskpeople moverdowntown areahigh floorhotel restaurantpre cruisebiscayne bayvaletmetromoverbaysideport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 3, 2006

I stayed at the Hyatt with 6 of my family mammbers in early October. We were there b/c my grandfather had been flown to Jackson Memorial Hospital from down south. The staff was extremely helpful with directions and especially when my car broke down and I had no idea where to go. We ended up staying over a week at the Hyatt and I was very pleased, we got a nice discount b/c of our circumstances and a lot of compassion that was very comforting. Thank you Hyatt!

• Stayed: October 2005
6  Thank Crisvw
Fort Lee, NJ
Reviewed December 30, 2005

I too was hesitant after reading the reviews, but found many of them very helpful in that they explained what the reviewer did or didn't like and gave a prpspective traveler some ideas of what to request or request not to have.

We stayed on the Regency Club floor which included continental breakfast and hors d'oeuvres in the late afternoon. The rooms were very clean, modern, comfortable and spacious. We had a king sized bed and it was as comfortable as my own bed at home. We were traveling with our 17 year old son and asked for a rollaway bed which was delivered within minutes. The mattress was thick and he too was very comfortable. We had a corner room so that even with the additional bed, there was enough room so we weren't on top of one another.

Keep in mind that this hotel is in Miami and not Miami Beach so some of the noise, expense and congestion mentioned in earlier reviews, is exactly what you would find in most major cities. The difference is the city and bay views you get if your on a relatively high floor, are extraordinary. The convenience to South Beach, Bal Harbor, Coral Gables, Miami seaport, etc. makes this hotel a wonderful choice. The hotel is near highways and walking distance to good public transportation. The hotel has a small fitness center, and a small, but very nicely appointed pool and seating area.

We stayed for 4 nights during Christmas week and had a wonderful stay. They have an Enterprise right on site which also is very convenient. I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel. If it's possible, I would recommend upgrading to the Regency Club floors.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Chicago, IL
Reviewed December 28, 2005

I stayed at Hyatt for the Christmas holidays this year.. i had the following problems:
1- My ipod was stolen from my car during Valet parking and for the time I was staying there they kept on saying “we will work on your claim and compensate you for it. The next day after my check they left me a message that they are not responsible for any kind of theft..!! How insensitive..!! By the way The Valet parking is managed by Central Parking and the hotel completely denies ownership of responsibility.

2. The television was not working...

3. For the folks at Hyatt housekeeping means just replacing towels and making the bed.

4. Overall my experience was not that great.
The positives points are: rooms are decently sized with nice bathrooms and good bay view.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
solihull , england
Reviewed December 19, 2005

Fellow travellers
we stayed for two nights post hurricane Wilma after 2 nights at the courtyard Marriot next door
The hyatt was amost twice the price, not much more in terms of facilties and lacking in atmosphere...except for the door staff who were genuinely (I'm a sucker for friendly service) all over us as we jumped in the taxi off to the next hotel on our trip
In particular, we hated the smoking in the sports bar and the small rooms
Could do better

• Stayed: October 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 18, 2005

Contrary to several of the previous reviews, I must say that we had a comfortable and pleasant stay at the Hyatt Regency Miami. After a long and frustrating 2 and a 1/2 hour flight delay, we arrived at the Hyatt at approx. 9:30 p.m. Check-in was a breeze at this hour and the lobby was fairly quiet. The staff was very friendly and accomodating and before we knew it, we were headed up to our room on the 12th floor. Our room, which was classified as a petite suite, was exactly what we were hoping for. The room was a good size and had two balconies; one in the bedroom area and one in a separate sitting area. We found the entire room to be clean and comfortable. As most of the other reviewers noted, there was some noise from the downtown traffic and drawbridge, but it was by no means, bothersome.
It was also nice being able to view the cruise ships right from our balcony.

With regards to the surrounding area, if you are interested in shopping, Bayside Marketplace is within walking distance. Other than that, there is not too much as far as "tourist" attractions. If you do not mind hopping on the public bus, there is a bus every 20 minutes or so that runs from Bayside to South Beach for only $1.50 per person. We found this to be very convenient and money-saving.

All-in-all, the Hyatt Regency Miami is a great choice for a short stay. Given the hotel's location, however, I would not recommend for anything longer than a few nights, as you may get bored or spend every dollar you have taking taxis to the "hot spots."

4  Thank DonnaA73