“Great location, close to cruise terminal and shopping”

Hyatt Regency Miami
Ranked #47 of 127 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We just finished a seven day cruise and didn't plan to leave until the next day. We found this hotel on Priceline. When we checked in we were exhausted from travelling and needed to rest. They accommodated our early check in request so we were able to get some sleep before heading back out for dinner. Very quite, nice facility, well appointed. The food in the bar area is excellent, and the service is excellent. Our waiter was friendly and accommodating. We enjoyed ourselves very much! Great job by the staff members, and my compliments to management for a well run, customer service oriented, efficient hotel! Thank you!

Room Tip: The room was very quiet but the view was not attractive, as it overlooked the rooftops of other buil...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed January 3, 2014

This hotel is ok. Nothing grand about it as some of the other Hyatt that I've stayed in. The lay out of the room, the bathroom, the sink, etc. are very dated. We only stayed for 1 night, therefore, not much to write about our experience except for what we've observed. The breakfast was basic.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Stayed at the Hyatt Regency for a night before a cruise. Staff were extremely helpful, and were very kid friendly (gave the kids beach balls, chocolates, etc.). Room was very clean and had a nice river view. A short walk to restaurants and parks (as well as Bayside Mall), and just a few minutes cab ride to the Port of Miami.

Only con is that the immediate area is extremely pedestrian unfriendly - near some busy highway on-ramps - which was scary with kids.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

This is my first time to come to this website to write review since I was moved by this hotel's superior customer service during our stay. We found the deal from Priceline and booked this 4 star hotel at very good price! When we arrived hotel, somehow someone checked in my room under my same last name. The hotel customer service lady and her manager took a great care on this incidence, offered us a suite without additional cost, plus they offered us free valet parking due to that we waited about 30 minutes before they sorted out this issue. The service was great. There were always people around to help us for the luggages and getting cars in and out. This hotel is within walkinig distance to the restaurants around, and to the water front area. 4 star hotel in Miami downtown at great price! I would like recommend this hotel. If we go to Miami again, I will choose them again.

Room Tip: When you arrive to customer service, you can try to ask for whether you can get a free upgrade to a...
1  Thank Julia T
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I am a frequent traveler and I like Hyatt and so I choose Hyatt regularly. So also this time. But what a disappointment. I knew that this is not the newest and most modern Hyatt but I did not expect it to be so bad. The rooms are really too old. They urgently need to be refurbished. The pool and sports area are just not good enough anymore. The roomservice did not bring the right orders. We had to wait over 20 minutes to get our car brought to us by the valet service. My bill was so wrong. Over 400$ was wrongly charged on my bill. The breakfast buffet is really not worth the 20$. The hotel was so busy with a large congress that we had to wait 15 minutes to get an elevator to even get to our room. And the staff was not really doing a whole lot to manage that large congress group. What really made me very angry is the way the staff handled my ice packs. I have to travel with medicins which have to stay cool at all times. So the evening before we left I asked the concierge to put my ice packs (which I use to cool my medicins while traveling) in the freezer for the night. The next day I got them back and they have not been in the freezer. The result: I had to change the schedule of my whole day to make sure my medicins were kept cold. Never before has a hotel messed this up so bad. This hotel is a mess. This is not Hyatt Regency standard.

2  Thank Diederik B
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very old... It was looks like I got back to the 50s.
The parking cost lots of money and it very far for the hotel.. You have to carry it with you all the way long.
But - the breakfast was very good..
And the view from the high flowers is very nice.
If you need to be close to
The conference center that a good hotel.. Otherwise search for a different one

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Rami A
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I stayed here in October for a conference and could not be more impressed with the hotel staff! Everyone was very friendly and went above and beyond to make my stay as comfortable as could be - it started with the front desk staff and continued with each and every staff interaction that I had at the hotel. The hotel is slightly older, but I had a beautiful, spacious corner room. Every time I had a minor hiccup (e.g. a room service order was delayed), the staff would do such a great job of apologizing and correcting the error immediately. It was as if they looked at every misstep as an opportunity to demonstrate superior customer service.

I have never experienced anything like it...and I stay in a lot of hotel. I will most definitely add this hotel to my must-stay list when I return to Miami. Great staff!!!

Room Tip: The corner rooms are very spacious.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business