“Good, but it's not the typical Hyatt experience” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Miami

You added Hyatt Regency Miami to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 South East Second Ave, Miami, FL 33131-2197 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double Your Points
Ranked #43 of 119 Hotels in Miami
Winter Springs, Florida
“Good, but it's not the typical Hyatt experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We are Hyatt Platinum members, and have been for years. We've stayed in Regencies, Grand Hyatt, and other in-brand hotels/resorts around the US and through Asia. Our last stay before this was in Singapore. We were attending an event in downtown Miami and needed a hotel based on location, more than any other reason. Of course, being so pleased with the Hyatt brand, we booked at the Hyatt Regency, Miami. The long-and-the-short of it is that while this hotel's location is great for Downtown events/conventions, the decor, design, and general appearance of this hotel lacks much of what draws us to Hyatt. Please do not get me wrong. The facility was clean, and appeared well-kept, however; the design of public spaces is not conducive to relaxation, luxury, or contemporary design. The rooms (although the bed was very comfortable) was probably the oddest configuration of any hotel I've stay, and well below the Hyatt standard. We valet parked our car. We were offered no assistance with luggage, there was no doorman. I waited in front of the empty cafe order counter for 7 minutes without being acknowledged. I left. The walls in our room were tattered and worn, with a dozen "patches" of different-colored paint fixes to try to hide the damage. Check-in and out were easy and pleasant, however, the wait for our car from valet was less-than-desirable. At check-in, I made the attendant aware we were Hyatt Platinum members...this got us "nothing." When I say "nothing," I mean nothing. No room upgrade, no additional service offerings, no description of the amenities, no turn-down service...nothing. The pool area was very dated also. I suppose if you were a business traveler, this hotel would "do," however as a vacation stay, this certainly did not live up to our expectations of the Hyatt brand. We will not be back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank todd_fix

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is an ideal location in downtown Miami. I am a diamond member and have stayed on the regency floor. The suites are very large and have breath taking views. The rooms have been recently renovated as well. The customer service is excellent as well.

Quad Cities
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here prior to a cruise and found the hotel to be in a very convenient location to downtown and port area. We walked from bayside marketplace back to the hotel. Took about 10-12 minutes. Cab fare to port was $8. The lobby is very nice and open with a terrific breakfast buffet. As far as the valet I'm used to paying $55/night in Chicago so the $30 here seams reasonable to me.

The rooms are a little dated and carpet is a little rough but are decent, clean and comfortable. I can see where some would feel compelled to complain about room quality but the economical costs help make up for the lack of quality. It was a little disappointing not having an operable balcony but not a deal breaker.

I would stay here again. On a 1-5 rating I give this hotel a 3.

2 Thank Blake C
St Augustine, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I think the hotel has seen better days, nithing particularly wrong but nothing seemed outstanding either. Istarted to go for a walk alomg the water and there were two guys camped out under the overpass with full bedrolls, etc so the area seemed a little dicey.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank LisaC40
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

My stay was quick(business ) but very nice!
I had great experience at the river walk cafe! The food and service was fantastic!! The blond hostess was very welcoming! I loved it! I will recommend for my friends !:)

Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

I've been to so many hotels around Miami and I'm not too hard to impress. All I want is a clean hotel; size is not too much of a priority for me. This hotel was so nice outside, and pictures looked great. As soon as I arrived, I thought the hotel was nice and the lobby was beautiful. But when I got to my room, it just got worse and worse throughout my 3 night stay. The rug was sticky and dirty, and the next thing I noticed was the fake balcony. Don't come here and plan on enjoying your view. The balconies throughout the hotel are all sealed shut! Apparently someone tried to commit suicide years back. I also noticed that my sheets were stained and had hairs in them. The crazy man that came 10 minutes after I called the front desk to replace them was nice and changed them quickly, with another stained pair of sheets but I guess I was a little more comfortable with the fact that they might have come out of the machine so they might be new with permanent stains. The last thing I experienced that made me write this review was the lack of housekeeping in my room. I had to call this morning to have them come by while I'm gone, on my third day in my trip. I won't be staying here again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ahernandez04
Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel the first time I visited the Miami back in 2006. Back then it was incredible to stay at this property. Staff were very pleasant and the food was also great. I stayed at that time on the 20 something floor and had breath taking view of the city and the port.

It was great then I dont know whats happening now

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business