Hyatt Regency Miami
$108
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Hilton Miami Downtown(Miami)(Great Value!)
$113
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $131/night.

$122
$109
Hampton.com
$112
$104
  • Bar/Lounge
$135
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Miami Airport(Miami)(Great Value!)
$96
$93
$140
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay(Miami)(Great Value!)
$179
$135
Marriott Hotels
$105
Priceline
  • Pool
Regency Hotel Miami(Miami)(Great Value!)
$88
Cancelon
3,770 results
All reviewsriverwalk cafeconvention centerknight centerwhole foodsself parkingsouth beachconcierge deskpeople moverdowntown areahigh floorhotel restaurantpre cruisebiscayne bayconferencevaletmetromoverbayside
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Noise level is awful, you hear cars, music playing outside the hotel, I moved my room twice. Nothing changed. Staff does nothing about the noise problem. The water running from other guest taking showers in other rooms is crazy. There are set tour times for shuttle to pick you up, doesn't pull in to hotel they just fly by, so don't rely on that. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 10, 2012

With a name like the Hyatt, I was underwhelmed. The room was not updated or as clean as I am accustomed with scuff marks and paint chips on the walls and carpet that was dirty. The window overlooking the street was so dirty you could not see out of it and the sounds of a whistle blowing for taxi cabs permeated through the windows alot. The only place that served food on a Sunday afternoon was a bar. Thankfully they served a very good hamburger midday with a wonderful view of the canal (and football games blasting on the six different tvs). I expect more from Hyatt and assume it was just this location that has not been kept up.

Room Tip: A higher floor room overlooking the water may be quieter with a better view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The conference I was attending took place at this hotel. There were so many failures that I better list the good points first - the reception desk in the evening, Queeny in particular, was a nice welcome. The girl upon checking out was kind too, was her name Carla ? Sasha, our restaurant waiter for breakfast and his boss Ernesto did everything they could.

We reached the room at almost 11 PM. The lights did not go on. We tried elsewhere in the room. In vain. We called the operator, the front desk and were told that an electrician is on his way. After 20 minutes we went downstairs to ask the front desk for assistance. The girl compensated us and we got complimentary two drinks in the bar and full hot breakfast. At midnight we came back to the room and called again for assistance. An electrician arrived and discovered that two lamps had burnt bulbs and that the light switch adjacent to the door was simply disabled. After 10 more minutes he came back with 2 bulbs and we had light. He was very polite.

The room was spacious. WiFi was free for conference guests. Then we figured out that the sink tap's handle was broken. I tried to fix it but did not manange..and then something else was not working properly (forgot what it was).

We asked to extend our stay till 12 or 1 PM but the front desk replied that the hotel was full and we had to leave (it is common, no complains).

Upon checking out, we listed to front desk all failures. Maybe the hotel will fix it for the 2020 generation of guests.

After checking out, I went to the basement for the fitness room (near the swimming pool). The treadmill itself was a 25 years old model, completely worn out, with vague display of parameters. I jogged on the treadmill for 4 miles. Air was very hot. I turned the air condition control to 65 degrees but even after half an hour, it measured room temperature of 72 degrees (no wonder it felt hot, obviously the air condition unit was too weak for that room).
There was no shower in the pool or in the men's room near by.

Great facility, great personnel, very POOR maintenance.
A pity.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Hotel definitely needs an update and is very poorly lit and maintained around the exterior and possibly even dangerous. Many homeless people under the bridge next to the property and behind the property. Hotel locks all doors to the exterior, so you may avoid that, however, I would highly suggest NOT walking around the property, especially at night.

Other than that, the hotel is adequate.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Hyatt should be ashamed for having its name at the top of this structure in downtown Miami. Before I completely demolish this facility, I will say that the people salvaged one star for this stay. The young gentleman at the concierge was incredibly courteous and helpful. The wait staff in the restaurant was also cordial, albeit sometimes confused. If not for the people, this place would be no better than a one-star Motel 6.

I chose this hotel for a few reasons. One, it was central to Marlins Park and South Beach, our two destinations for the weekend. Second, I’ve stayed at the Hyatt in Long Beach, CA and in Scottsdale, AZ and everything about those venues was spectacular. I came into Miami having done little reconnaissance about this site. Bad move.

First bombshell: $31 for overnight parking. Seriously? I’m already spending $140+ on a room and now $31 more? Weak.

The front desk gal checked us in quickly and kindly. When we got upstairs, our keys weren’t working. We double-checked the number on the envelope. Yes, we had what we thought was the correct room. The man’s voice from the other side of the door asked curtly, “Yeah whatchu want?” and it scared the heck out of us. I’ve checked in dozens maybe even more than a hundred hotels in my life but never have I been sent to an already occupied room. The desk gal apologized and then put us on a floor with a complimentary continental breakfast and happy hour. So did that mean we could have the room for $10 less since we are paying for breakfast already? No.

The room itself was a dump. We opened the door and the room smelled like vomit. There were no washcloths in the shower area. Can’t you add a rack or a shelf? I finally found the washcloths folded and tucked into a corner of the sink counter too little too late. There were discolored paint swatches on the walk-in closet door, the closet that didn’t have a light. Obviously the paint has nothing to do with the functionality of the room, but it’s a glaring lack of care from the perspective of the maintenance department and the general manager of the hotel.

Other maintenance issues: the curtains were torn at the rings and couldn’t be closed all the way; the handrails in the elevators were loose; there were tiles missing from the baseboards along the lobby restrooms. While again these may seem petty, they certainly don’t seem like details that a Hyatt would typically overlook.

I travel often for work and for pleasure and stay in a variety of hotels, mostly the ones that offer consistency based on a name. I won’t be staying in any Hyatts after this experience. This was a $370 lesson learned.

Room Tip: Want a good room? Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends