3,914 results
All reviewsriverwalk cafeconvention centerknight centerwhole foodsself parkingsouth beachconcierge deskpeople moverdowntown areahigh floorhotel restaurantpre cruisebiscayne bayconferencevaletmetromoverbayside
Reviewed February 7, 2012

The room was incredibly spacious, which is always nice, and quite clean. However, the building needs renovation to meet the standards we can expect from a 4-star property. The carpeted area under the sink, for example, was probably trendy in the 80's, but poses now some hygiene issue. Even the best cleaning lady won't be able to remove everything...

I am stopping short of saying that this hotel is overpriced, thanks to the friendliness of the staff and the efficient frontdesk.

Breakfast good but pricey. Restaurant ok but with restricted selection.

The location is good if you have business to do in downtown Miami. But I would not go there with children or someone special.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
MiamiConsumerAffair, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Miami, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2012

Dear Swissworld_traveler,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are happy to read that you found our staff efficient and friendly. We hope to start guest room renovation sometime in 2013 so we can address some of the comments you shared with us.

Regards,

Hyatt Regemcy Miami Staff

Reviewed February 6, 2012

Close to excellent restaurants - Zuma and the db bistro moderne to name but two - the Hyatt Regency is a moderately priced 4-star hotel, a bit past its best days but well located nevertheless. You can walk to a marina which doubles as a shopping mall and you can also pick up a boat of various sizes if you fancy a "cruise".

The room we stayed in on the 15th floor was enormous apart form the bath/shower which was straight out of the 1950s !

Avoid the breakfasts - rip-off prices with a 21% service charge added and a $3 tray charge but room service in the evening turned out better than we feared, albeit for simple fare.

There's a shuttle service that runs to the Dolphin Mall for $10 return which tempts you to think you should have brought an empty suitcase ! Well worth a visit.

Room Tip: The hotel is next to the main Miami conference centre so it might be worth checking whether a big convention is in town before you book (somewhere else).
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Michaelcham1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We are glad to read you found the hotel location to be very convienent to your needs. Guest room renovation is in the works and expect to start early 2013.

Kind Regards,

Hyatt Regency Miami Staff

Reviewed February 3, 2012

Spacious rooms, friendly service, and good food are all to recommend this Hyatt, but what really "sold" it for me was the excellent and knowledgeable staff at the concierge desk. There is lots to do in Miami, and the Hyatt is centrally located to take advantage of much. A short walk to the bus, and for $2 you are a short ride from South Beach, the Design section, or the art section. The free Metro mover connects you north to Bayshore shopping (short walk) or a great eating area south in Mary Brickell center.

There are nice touches in the room like a new tube of toothpaste daily. Newspapers are free, if you are up early enough to take one from the luggage cart by the elevator or the concierge desk downstairs. If you wa.nt a downtown experience in Miami, the Hyatt is a hotel I'd recommend

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Rowerbabe

Dear Rowerbabe,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay here in Miami. We will be sharing your comment with our concierge and guest services team as they do take pride on their knowledge about things to do in the city.

We hope to see you soon in Miami.

HYatt Regency Miami Staff

Reviewed February 2, 2012

I stayed here in 2004 and this hotel was a real treat!

The hotel rooms were spacious and very comfortable. The beds were simply to die for. The view from my room was also fantastic. I could see the ocean from my balcony!

Service was efficient and friendly as I also have come to expect from Hyatt throughout the years.

I will definitely stay here again if I ever return to Miami.

There was also a Brazilian restaurant right around the corner and after such a long time away from home, it was a real treat to be just blocks away from great food!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gazpacho16

Dear Gaspacho16,

Thank you for taking the share your feedback with us. Great service and guest rooms is what be strive for every day. We will share your comments with our staff as they always look for tripadvisor comments and opportunties to improve service.

Kind Regards,

Hyatt Regency Miami Staff

Reviewed February 1, 2012

My wife and I just returned from three nights at downtown Miami's Hyatt Regency. I basically had to stay there because I was running the Miami Marathon, and it was the best available when I registered for the race. Based on TripAdvisor reviews, I tried to change hotels but all were full, and I was prepared for the worst.

Folks, this was far from the worst place I've stayed, even for the $219 a night price. Yes, the rooms would benefit from a makeover. Power outlets were virtually non-existent -- a frustrating thing given the number of rechargeable toys we all travel with these days. Annoyingly, the windows wouldn't open -- also frustrating, given the beautiful weather in Miami in January.

But otherwise, the stay was just fine. The front desk person was exceptionally nice. The lobby is attractive and large, the elevators fast, the hotel restaurant pretty decent actually, and the pool above average for a "business" hotel. The bed was comfortable, our room (while slightly worn) was very clean, and the floor very quiet (important for a marathoner who had to go to bed at 8 p.m.) I used the workout room twice, and while it lacks windows, it's fine, folks. I've used MUCH worse athletic facilities. Much better, too, but really ...

If I run the marathon again, I wouldn't say no to staying at the Hyatt again, though I might shop around for a better deal. We'll see. One last thought: an in-room fridge would've been nice.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family