“A great view of downtown and we loved the suite.”

Hyatt Regency Miami
Ranked #50 of 122 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A great view of downtown and we loved the suite.”
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Located right in the middle of Miami downtown. Nice rooms. We got into a suite which was facing the river with an excellent view. Clean and neat. Room service was perfect. Location was perfect. just 15 mins drive to the south beach and to key biscayne.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the river. may be higher than 6th floor. Suite would be perfect.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
MiamiConsumerAffair, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Miami, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Dear hemalathamaran,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Your comments were shared during staff pre-shift this morning and everyone started off the day with a big smile.

Jose Nieto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I only stayed one night here for a Miami Heat game. We loved it!! We loved the rate we got on Priceline even more!! It was so convenient to the arena. We took the people mover to the game and after the game walked over to Bayside to continue our party. It was late by the time we were ready to head back and the people mover had stopped service. So we hoofed it back. It was not near as long of a walk as we thought. It was actually quite pleasant. We stopped at the Opera House and sat on their outside furniture finishing up our drinks we took with us and continued to the hotel.

The lobby was very nice and our room was wonderful. The view overlooking the bay from our room was absolutley beautiful! The beds extremely comfortable, I wanted to sleep in all day the next morning. We didnt get to use the pool but it looked nice. Will be going back anytime we are going to be at the arena for a game or concert!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
MiamiConsumerAffair, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Miami, responded to this review, August 5, 2011
Dear Herburlness,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review with us. Comment like yours are very rewarding for the entire staff here at the hotel.
We hope to see you soon here in Miami!

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed August 4, 2011

This was the worst stay in my life. And this words are true. I was never in a worse hotel in my life.

The smell in the rooms was SO intensive and unpleasent, that we were not able to sleep even with opened room door.

The windows were completely locked, and nobody opened them when we asked.

we stayed there in summer 2009

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear demidov48,

Thank you for your commnets on your stay from the summer of 2009. Windows in the hotel do not open up as they will be able to better resist the inclement weather and high winds we are exposed to. Hope we can see you sometime soon.

Jose Nieto

Travelers are raving about these Miami hotels

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I stayed here for a conference and thoroughly enjoyed my experience. The location was great, close cab ride to South Beach and nice to walk around downtown as well. Service was great, food was great, the conference was a huge success. I will be back if in downtown Miami again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dear Jardito,

We are glad to hear you enjoy the accomodations and service provided while you were a guest with us. I will also share your food comments with our Chef!

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We arrived two hours after the check-in time, and were advised that our room was not ready. I ended up speaking to a manager who finally had a room for us 30 minutes later. The staff gave us free breakfast due to the inconvenience they caused us. That was nice! The room was okay. Nothing out of ordinary. It had a musky smell to it but most older hotels do - nowadays. I'm in Miami 6-7 times a year (usually for fun) and I prefer staying in South Beach. The time we spent navigating to South Beach and the parking fees at the hotel ($30.00 a night) were annoying. If in town for the beach, fun, and festivities, stay away from the downtown area and just stay in Miami Beach. It's less stressful and less costly (believe it or not).

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Vancouver, British Columbia
Reviewed August 1, 2011

My cousin and I stayed at this property pre and post cruising in July. Precruise we checked in very early on the Saturday of the July 4th long weekend. Because we wanted to guarantee a room from 7am after a red eye flight from the west coast (on a long weekend) we paid the $70 day rate. We were greeted warmly by all staff upon arrival. We were also impressed with the beautiful lobby. The hotel was sold out that weekend but had a half a large suite for the day room. This worked great for us! The room was huge....large living room with sofa bed, dining table, office...it was lovely. To top it off it was on the regency club level so we enjoyed a scrumptious complimentary continental breakfast! Complimentary beverages and appies in the evening too! Later we were moved to our regular room and had a great overnight stay. Enjoyed the pool and the poolside service for drinks and food. We went to the Verde Lounge for lunch and had delicious food and drinks there...highly recommend it. Huge portions, great prices, great food, Super friendly staff. Check out in the morning was effortless and quick. Taxis are plentiful and we were off to our cruise.

Post cruise we were also early for check in...arriving by 10:45am. Again the staff at the front desk were so wonderful! Because we were so early there were limited rooms available...would we mind a suite with a king sized bed instead of two doubles? Bear in mind we'd booked the cheapest room with no view. Of course we wouldn't mind!!! So we were upgraded to a full suite overlooking the river!! Then we happened to mention that we were leaving on an early flight in the morning which meant we would miss our buffet breakfast. Maria (I wish I knew your last name...you were wonderful!) then wrote on a business card a $50 credit for our dinner that evening at the hotel restaurant! Wow that's customer service! :) So later that evening we enjoyed a complimentary dinner at the Riverside Cafe. It was wonderful! Never in my life have I had such outstanding service to make my stay comfortable and memorable. And as a single mom of 5 kids it meant the world to me. I felt like a VIP for the day. Thank you Hyatt Regency...I will be back for sure!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
MiamiConsumerAffair, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Miami, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
Dear Colony,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your feedback with us. Thank you for your compliments on the customer service received while your were a guest with us. We will share your comments with the staff.
We hope to see you again here in Miami.

Hyatt Regency Miami Staff
Winter HAven
Reviewed July 31, 2011

My daughter and I just needed a place to spend the night after I picked her up from the airport in Miami. The room "suite" had furniture from the 1970's, the room was dirty and the sheets were worn.I even found a straight pin on the carpet that I almost stepped on! Room service took forever, and after calling regarding a computer cord that was left in the room, no one called me back with any information. This place reminds me of an old Holiday Inn!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank SCook17
MiamiConsumerAffair, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Miami, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Dear Scook17,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I wanted to personally apologized for the condition of your room. While the last hotel renovation took place in 2008 we are looking to renovate all guest room bathrooms in the fall of 2012. Please reach out to me directly should you return to Miami in the future.