“A very nice stay on Miami's river walk!”

Hyatt Regency Miami
Ranked #51 of 122 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boise
“A very nice stay on Miami's river walk!”
Reviewed April 20, 2011

A very nice stay on Miami's river walk!

We had a delightful stay at the Hyatt Regency Miami for a one night post cruise experience. We arrived early from the ship and the hotel took our phone number and made some suggestions for a short walking tour. We found a great Nicaraguan restaurant just a couple blocks away with fabulous fresh-baked rolls, a hearty split pea soup, shrimp with jalapeño, and delightful Cuban coffee.

By the time lunch was through, our room was ready. We were presented with keys to the VIP Suite on the 23rd floor which is the Regency Club floor (key-protected in the elevator) The suite (it's actually two very different connecting rooms that wrap the corner of the building) is beyond spacious and includes a bedroom with a very comfortable king bed, living area, desk, bath, and a walk in closet. The connecting living room had a large dining table for four, an additional full bath, and a large living area. The highlight of this suite is the commanding views from the seemingly endless windows that envelop the entire suite. Both couches have a fold-out bed.

We appreciated that the room was completely "set" when we arrived. The lights and music were all just right and there was a lovely food and wine pairing ready to be enjoyed compliments of the General Manager. A much-appreciated gracious touch.

As I mentioned, this is the club floor so there was a nice evening offering of hot and cold foods including asparagus wrapped in phyllo and grilled peppers in the lounge down the hall. It was nice to have this just a few steps from the suite.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, especially Jessica at the front desk and Winston at the bell desk. You could tell they would do whatever it takes to make your stay special.

Thank you to the staff of the Hyatt Regency Miami for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank LeBois

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (435)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed April 16, 2011

Note: I am a picky traveler since I am on the road about 60% of the time. I would stay here again if I had to but it wouldn't be my first choice. I am not a fan of the layout of the rooms (see pics) with a demi-wall separating the sink and bathroom areas. Closet is a wallk-in to give you more room for clothes and luggage.

I had to switch rooms because the original room had a smoker in it. I couldn't bear that for 3 days so the front desk staff patiently helped me find another room. I don't like to be near the elevators (noise) so I was given a room at the end of the hall and it was very quiet. I also got an upgraded room with a view of the river - this is the plus about this hotel in that the staff really does their best to make you happy!

I used the gym - modern and clean - but a little small. A co-worker later told me that all guests are welcome to use the commercial gym across the street and that it was very nice. Valet is expensive but the runners are great.

Overall, decent hotel but don't expect luxurious accommodations. Hope this helps!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the river
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
MiamiConsumerAffair, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Miami, responded to this review, April 22, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are glad to hear you enjoy the service provided by the hotel staff in particular the Valet runners. We also appreciate the comments regarding the lay out of the room itself. We hope to see you soon here in Miami.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed April 15, 2011

Service is great; every and all of the staff could not be more generous of spirit and enthusiasm. Sadly, other than the most visible, namely the lobby, the rooms are in much need of renovation and, disgustedly, a large amount of chlorine; there was mold in the shower, dead bugs in the over sink lamp, and overpaints on chipped paint; I may well have been staying in a HoJo on 34th St, Manhattan, i.e., crap. All that aside from the fact that there was no fridge..., not even an alarm clock.
Again, the staff were great all around: at the Reg desk, main restaurant, and valet parking.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank stet44
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am deeply sorry for the condition of your room. Please rest assure this is not indicative of the quality of product and services we have here at the Hyatt Regency Miami. Please reach out to me directly so I can further assist you.
Troy, New York
Reviewed April 15, 2011

i was eaten alive and coned by (price line .com) dont book w/price line i called them to complain about this hotel they rated as a 4* and they said u have to stay i said there r bed bugs in this filthy room again they said no refunds! and tranfered my call what they did was put me on hold for over 20 min then hung up stay away from this hotel and futher stay away from priceline.com

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank 09952
MiamiConsumerAffair, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Miami, responded to this review, April 21, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review and feedback. We do take this type of comments very seriously as we do have standard operating procedures to prevent this occurences. Education, awarness and knowledgeable housekeeping staff is one of the best lines of defense along with our regular inspections. Please reach out to me directly with your information so I can further assit you.
Jose Nieto

Travelers are raving about these Miami hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed April 11, 2011

Dont want ot be in the heart of it all, need your peace and quiet in the day and stillw ant to light up the night!, Then check into this Hyatt Regency, you have the best of both worlds. The staff is so attentive and the rooms are QUIET, Neat and CLEAN, you may bot want to leave! I was meeting my girls for a Girlfriend trip, but wanted a few days of peace before the party began. Staying here in the Miami Suite over looking the Bay ave me just the retreat i was looking for.

Room Tip: Every room is a GREAT room!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank keeshagurl
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive review on your recent stay with us. We will be sharing your comments with the hotel staff in our daily meetings. We hope to see you soon here in Miami.
Orion, Michigan
Reviewed March 30, 2011

I just stayed at this hotel on March 24, 2011. We woke up in the morning and found bed bugs!!! YUCK!!! Immediately went to another hotel. Bed bugs are extremely difficult to get rid of if you get them into your home. Other complaints: Pool is very small and the hotel is not in a good location.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank ccouls01
MiamiConsumerAffair, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Miami, responded to this review, April 1, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review and feedback. We do take this type of reports very seriosly as we do have standard operating procedures and monthly training with our staff to help us prevent any occurence of this kind. We also have a third party company that monitors our hotel on a weekly basis and I am glad to share with you that we do not have any confirmed acitivity at the Hyatt Regency Miami. I have also reach out to you on your personal e-mail top obtain additional information.
Kind Regards,
Rochester, New York
Reviewed March 28, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights prior to us cruising on Celebrity Eclipse on March 17 + 18, 2011. What a big mistake, don't be fooled by the elegant foyer! The room was not ready so we left our luggage with the pushy porter and went exploring. When we arrived and walked into our room the smell almost knocked me over! The carpet was worn and dirty and the bathroom needed a "make-over", very old and the shower curtain was gross. I asked on 3 different occasions to please spray the room with some freshener, they of course did not comply and it triggered a migraine. Don't spend the big bucks, find another hotel, I am so sorry that I stayed at this Hyatt.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank IRENE206
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your recent stay at the hotel. I am deeply sorry about the condition and odor of your room. Please rest assure we do take these comments very seriously as we always strive for the best product and service possible. Please reach out to me or replay back to this message if I can be of any further assistance.
Kind Regards,