“We will never stay at another Day's Inn.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Miami International Airport

Days Inn Miami International Airport
Ranked #93 of 120 Hotels in Miami
Gainesville
“We will never stay at another Day's Inn.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We arrived during the Superbowl. We mentioned it, and the desk clerk said that we couldn't see it in the room because of the local agreement, but we could watch it in the restaurant, where beers were $1.00. This was a lie. Of course we could see it in the room, and did.
The next morning there was no breakfast, as promised. We asked why, and were told nobody showed up. The desk clerks had several days growth of beard, and appeared sloppy and dirty. How do you people expect to stay in business?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Naivys C, Manager at Days Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
We sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding with my staff, the problem that night was that we were having some issues with our Direct TV. In reference to the restaurant it is seperately owned and operated entity, but we shall pass your concerns along to their management. Please ask for me on your next stay and we shall be happy to offer you a max discount.

Naivys Columbie, Costumer Service Representitive

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

It was a nice hotel for the price... however would like to be made aware of any power or water, and or internet outages in advance... I was 1.5hrs late for a venue due to the city shutting off the hot water valve....thanks

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for taking time from your schedule to review our hotel. my sincere apologies for the water situation, which was caused by the adjacent Department of Transportation. In reference to the internet you'll be excited to hear that we are only days away from upgrading our internet bandwidth by 3500%. Hope to see you back soon.

Lakeland, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My family and stayed at this hotel this past weekend. **DO NOT STAY HERE** DO NOT IGNORE THIS REVIEW!!! When we got here, I was a little thrown off by the overall appearance and condition of the hotel. I was very displeased. Once we arrived in the room, I noticed the duvet covers were dirty, however, there were blankets in the drawers. The food in the restaurant downstairs was horrible. On Saturday night, the water was apparently shut off by nearby construction. While I can understand this is not the hotel's fault, they never notified ANYONE that the water was off. We found out Sunday morning when we "really" needed to use the toilet. I called downstairs and the front desk employee was so rude as to tell me "she was not there when it happened, so there was nothing she could do about it". No I am sorry or anything. So, if you think you will at least consider this place for a bed and shower...think twice. The hotel says Days Inn Airport...and by airport, it is Airport! You can feel the windows shaking as each plane takes off from the Miami airport every few minutes. So much for a restful night of sleep. I never received any sort of apology for the inconveniences and in fact, I was told if I did not check out by 12 I would be charged another night. Really? Oh and the ironing board holder fell off the wall, not that you could use an iron that is literally tied down to the board so no one steals it.

I urge you to consider somewhere else. We travel down to this area a lot and depend on reviews to help me find a decent place. Some I take with a grain of salt...please do not!!!

P.S. I got the email address for the general manager, but I figure what is the use...$300 for two nights down the drain.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Beautiful_Flower
We are sorry about your experience and profoundly apologize. We did not have advanced warning about the Department of Transportation water shut off or we would have been happy to notify you of what was tantamount to an Act of God.

Please contact me Jorge Gomez the manager to discuss this further. As per hour hotel policy our check out time is at 11 AM and we provide a courtesy late check out at 12 noon no charge. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience we may have caused you or for any misunderstanding you may have had with any member of my staff.

LAKELAnd
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

For 300 dollars for two nights I would have expected a cleaner room, better service
And at least a little more updated amenities. In addition a. Water pipe was burst due to construction
However we were not informed until it was time to use the water the following morning. To ease the guests pains it would have been better to be proactive and let the guests know.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

We are sorry, about the water issues you experienced. It was out of our control and once again my sincere apologies, had we been informed about this previously, we would've let you know but unfortunately we found out at the same time our costumers did. The situation was unfortunate but unavoidable and in reality an act of god beyond our control. Please be advised that we value your patronage and that we have recently renovated our lobby and upgraded our exercise room equipment, and other amenities. We are soon to install a 3500 % increase in our internet speed and bandwidth. Please try us again soon.

Warren, MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Like many others I found the room to be adequate. Reasonably clean and functioning. The free shuttle was O.K. too. The rest of the property could use attention. A lot of litter inside and out. The leather furniture in the lobby looked pretty sad.
Checking out the safe and parking fees (didn't have a car) were deducted without asking. Desk clerks were friendly. Definitely feel I got what I paid for.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Plywallman
Thank you for your honest review, we appreciate your feedback and honesty. Hope to see you back soon in order for you to see our new lobby renovation and exercise room, also our internet bandwidth upgrades.