“not cost effective w embedded flaws”

Days Inn Miami International Airport
Ranked #96 of 122 Hotels in Miami
LAKELAnd
“not cost effective w embedded flaws”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

For 300 dollars for two nights I would have expected a cleaner room, better service
And at least a little more updated amenities. In addition a. Water pipe was burst due to construction
However we were not informed until it was time to use the water the following morning. To ease the guests pains it would have been better to be proactive and let the guests know.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Naivys C, Manager at Days Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
We are sorry, about the water issues you experienced. It was out of our control and once again my sincere apologies, had we been informed about this previously, we would've let you know but unfortunately we found out at the same time our costumers did. The situation was unfortunate but unavoidable and in reality an act of god beyond our control. Please be advised that we value your patronage and that we have recently renovated our lobby and upgraded our exercise room equipment, and other amenities. We are soon to install a 3500 % increase in our internet speed and bandwidth. Please try us again soon.

Naivys Columbie, Costumer Service Representitive

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Warren, MA
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Like many others I found the room to be adequate. Reasonably clean and functioning. The free shuttle was O.K. too. The rest of the property could use attention. A lot of litter inside and out. The leather furniture in the lobby looked pretty sad.
Checking out the safe and parking fees (didn't have a car) were deducted without asking. Desk clerks were friendly. Definitely feel I got what I paid for.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Plywallman
Thank you for your honest review, we appreciate your feedback and honesty. Hope to see you back soon in order for you to see our new lobby renovation and exercise room, also our internet bandwidth upgrades.

Naivys Columbie, Costumer Service Representitive
Woodstock, Canada
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed as flight layover. Shuttle service was good, every half hour pickup. Check in was quick, Room was clean, quiet, everything worked BUT place was very dated - not at all inviting, we were glad to leave in morning after a reasonable night. Room was booked for us by travel agent. Adjoining restaurant was really a Bar / nightclub. Friday night at 9 pm, no stage entertainment, LOUD music, only 5 other patrons. Breakfast was not included, we went to airport to eat - much nicer and no more expensive.

Room Tip: Luck of draw - was "sold out / full"
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jorge G, General Manager at Days Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for you honest review, we appreciate your feedback and patronage. We are constantly striving to better ourselves, and we are in the process of making renovations to the property.

Best Regards,

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

The front desk did a terrible job of accommodating me. The lady who checked me in was nice, but my key card kept not working. There was no ice. The guy who checked me out wouldn't give me a late check out and charged me for parking when the lady who checked me in said I could get the opposite. He was completely unprofessional and left a bad taste in my mouth. Mind you, I only stayed here for 9 hours.

• Stayed July 2012
We are sorry, about the keycard issues you experienced. The magnetic strips on these cards have given us trouble before and you may have had a card from a bad batch. As per our hotel policy our check out time is 11 AM, and we provide a courtesy late check out at 12 noon at no charge. Please accept my aplogies for any inconvience we may have caused you or for any misunderstandings you may have had with any member of my staff. I will go over this with my staff and make sure they are well informed as well as advise them to be a tad more flexible.

san juan, puerto rico
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

rude, dirty, scary....I asked if the restaurant served breakfast ;the idiot at the front desk at saying" it's not free it's not free.". Days Inn should be ashamed of this place it's disgusting.

Am I getting my point across? It's disgusting.

Internet is also slow as a snail just like the guy who picked me up at the airport. Every other hotel shufflepassed by 2 or 3 * times.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I found your review very illuminating. It is guest like you which offer us the oppourtunity to spot areas in need of growth. I would like to invite you back to our property if you are willing. Ask for me and I will personally make sure you see what we are all about

Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed January 16, 2013

This hotel on 7250 N.W. 11 st Miami Fl, is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I can't even give it any stars because its that bad. This is waste of money. The front desk don't know what is going on with their hotel. The cant give you any supplies because they dont have the key. wth For the rates they charge they surely give you more. They have no respect for their guest. Their soda vending machines were not working. There was no supplies in the room and to say more we needed pillows and they said they had no more pillows. The elevator are old and have an awful cigarette smell. I will never, never ever come back to this (motel) because to me thats the treatment I got. very dissatisfied.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
tequesta_1, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
thank you for your review.