“Excellent value for a quick layover”

Days Inn Miami International Airport
Ranked #96 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Tucson, Arizona
“Excellent value for a quick layover”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We arrived in Miami after midnight and we were pick up promptly by the hotel shuttle. Very important: you get picked up on level 2, not LEVEL 1 where the baggage claim is. This is an older hotel, but has a good bed, fridge, and microwave. The desk gave us toiletries since our bags were check through to Belize. Wifi worked fine for check in at the airport. Coffee was provided in the room also. Anice pool and workout room was also available. A lot for a little.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Scuba-Duner
, General Manager at Days Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope to see you back at our property soon. We appreciate the time you took to write your review.

Jorge G.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We had a late arrival and needed a place to sleep a few hours and then head to the Everglades. We had a hard time finding a reasonably priced motel around, this was the best option. The room (2 double beds) was less than $100.
You obviously shouldn't wait for any luxuries, the place has a slight tobacco smell (although it's a non-smoker hotel now), the carpet is not the cleanest ever... but it is very decent. Check-in and check-out were fast. There is a small pool with great views to the highway :) but still a pool!

We ended up sleeping there again on our last night, since we had a very early flight back home and it's incredibly near the airport, so I would recommend it for people in the same situation.
The beds were clean, the shower worked fine and we could have a little swim.

Just avoid the breakfast; it's held in the "disco" premises, very dark and it smells like cigarette butts.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the parking lot, the other side faces the highway and is a lot noisier.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jutrip
Jorge G, General Manager at Days Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Thank you for your review. :)

We are working on eliminating the smoking smells from our property and after some deep cleaning are expecting to make your stay far more pleasing to the senses.

We are also addressing the restaurant issues.

As always we appreciate your business.
Tamuning, Mariana Islands
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Please check your bill and insist on a propery invoice when you leave: they will charge for use of a safe (without asking if you used it), $3/day parking (with no sign to indicate this nor registration of your vehicle, telephone service is .98 per local call (including tax), they actually changed my room reservation to make it look like I requested a 'deluxe' room versus a regular room (no microwave nor refrigerator). When I checked out, the clerk said that a portion of this irregular charges would be 'fixed'...but my credit card company indicated this was not true (I had to complain to Days Inn customer care to get these things fixed!). There was also no (as advertised) no HBO ('just discontinued') and the internet was extremely slow: not as advertised on their web page. I did not have any real complaint about the bed, room, location or maid service as this is what was expected...but you can't stay in a place that wants to cheat you. Not exceptable!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TyphoonRoger
tequesta_1, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear valued customer,

Thank you for your review.
Michigan
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Spent a night before boarding a cruise. Our flight did not get in until 11pm so we were not concerned with amenities such as pools, restaurants or proximity to attractions. The shuttle from the airport was free and they arrived very quickly. Check in was fast and easy and Jose was very friendly. The room was basic, clean. The cigarette smell is STRONG even though the carpet doesn't look that old. Maybe it's the curtains? We did hear a few planes taking off and that was a bit distracting, but I slept fine. The shuttle to the port is also free, and although it was a little late due to traffic, we had plenty of time. I booked this hotel through a discount travel and only paid $72 per night which includes all taxes and fees. For that price I can't complain (much).

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank sheilaski
tequesta_1, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for your review, the hotel is smoke free at the present.
Tidewater, VA
Reviewed April 9, 2012

The cost of cabs in Miami is really high, so if trying to save money this is a good deal.

I did not encounter any critters, but the pool was not very clean and finding pool towels was a challenge.

BEWARE: it is not the fault of the hotel, but there is a scam going on they do not warn you about. If you receive a flyer under the door for food, DO NOT ORDER. One of the people in the hotel ordered the $5 subs, and the total cost for 5 subs was $65. They were not going to pay because of the discrepancy, but were quite hungry and reluctantly paid. Once they sat down to eat, the food was moldy. They called the number, and now only received a voice message. There was no address on the flyer. Please, regardless of the hotel you choose, do not order from a flyer slipped under your door!

Room Tip: Elevator tends to get stuck. If on the second or third floor, use the stairs.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank GalavantinGal
Thank you for your review.
Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed March 3, 2012

I say this because the first floor smells like a cigarette break room. Luckily I asked for a non-smoking room on the second floor, but you can only do so much to get the smoke out. I could still smell a little of the smoke in the bed covers, which I'm assuming they use in all of the rooms. (The quarter-sized burn hole I found in my covers gave it away.) The rest of the room was fine, kind of old, neither good nor bad, a little ugly, but I was really just there to get a quick start to the airport the next morning. Which I did - in their free, smoke-stinking shuttle.

Room Tip: Be sure you arrive early for the airport shuttle - it gets crowded very quickly
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. the hotel is now smoke free.
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Let us start from the beginning... when I came down to Miami from Orlando to visit my best friend who was in Miami on business, I wasn't expecting for my experience to be on the bitter-sweet end. After I coudn't find an available room at the hotel where she was staying,I had to find a hotel room asap, because it was already 2 am, I was extremely exausted from the trip & a long day at work. I should have know better... "be prepared not to find a hotel room when there is a convention going"...anyways, I finally found a hotel room available at this hotel. Honestly speaking this hotel needs to start up fresh again!!! air out the rooms, rip the carpets and replace them, and do a hotel makeover. I am not a smoker and hate the smell of such, however, this time I had to either put up with it or sleep in my car!! so I chose option 1, now.. If I can help it... I would not, would not, stay in this hotel again, I did because of the circumstances. Next time, I'll rely on TripAdvisor and book a room ahead of time... for any of my last minute trips or long trips. Good luck to you all.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Lotus L
We are sorry for any inconvenience, the hotel is smoke free at this time.