“Clean and safe budget hotel near Maimi airport” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Join RediCard-Free Nights
Ranked #67 of 119 Hotels in Miami
Lisbon, New York
“Clean and safe budget hotel near Maimi airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2009

We stayed one night at this hotel post cruise when we could not get a flight out to Syracuse until early the next morning. We usually avoid Red Roof Inns because of the exterior entrances to the rooms in most Red Roof Inns, we find to be both a fire and safety hazard but this one had interior corridors so we chose it as a good budget stay post cruise. They have a shuttle that will pick you up at the airport and take you to the airport free from 5am to 1am. We had a 5 am flight and had to be at the airport at 3:30am so we had them call us a taxi. Front desk staff was very helpful and attentive. **NOTE: they have a daily shuttle run to the port of Miami for cruise passengers at 1pm daily so if your flight arrives at this time the shuttle will be unavailable to pick you up at the airport or take you there. It is clearly marked that the shuttle is unavailable from 1pm-2pm at the hotel, but you won’t know this if you are waiting at the airport for pickup. The hotel has been recently renovated so everything looked pretty new. The linens were excellent for a budget hotel (We paid $99.00/night). The mattress was comfortable. The décor is neat but rather sparse and plain. Room had a tub/toilet room with sink and open clothes area separate. They had a nice pool we did not use. The advertised free Wi-Fi and it was except the connection is through T-Mobile so you still have to sign on for them (They have an hourly/daily/weekly/monthly/yearly) plans so if you are already a customer the internet is free otherwise you would have to pay for the day. They had an iron, ironing board, hair dryer, refrigerator and microwave, TV with free HBO, clock radio/alarm. There are really no eating areas in walking distance. (Mostly park/fly and car rental places). We ordered pizza delivered and there were several to choose from. The elevator worked well and was large enough for luggage. We were satisfied for the price and our needs. Pre-cruise we like somewhere closer to stores so we can pick up items we forgot or didn’t want to drag on the plane and the location is not good for that.
Also if you are a light sleeper, hotel is in the take off/landing path and they are quite loud flying overhead.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Turkish first
Tampa Flda
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2009

I stayed only for one night. i really had a very bad experience from this hotel chain. First at the front desk they overprice the rate, second they give me a really not well cleaned room, with little hairness in the bed , what a disgusting experience ... For my fortune they gave me a double bed room so i could stayed in the other bed, but was a disgusting and bad experience. Too much noise from the cars in the highway , really with bad smell , and the hotel was very poor..

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2009

Stayed at the Red Roof for an overnighter before getting on our cruise ship in April 2009.
The place was bright and clean upon arrival and we were told that the room we had booked was dirty and for no extra charge they would give us a King room. It was verey clean and bright as well. I was quite surprised at how quiet the room was considering we were right over head from the airport. If you are in the pool in the back ( which by the way is great) it's very noisy. Be prepared to pause allot when having a conversation with someone. The planes overhead are very loud.
If you're staying just to sleep for the night before the cruise it's a perfect choice. You have a shuttle that picks you up at the airport and another shuttle that takes you to the cruise ship the next day. There are three shuttles that go. One at 11 one at 12 and one at 1 in the afternoon. They fill the 1 pm one first and then work their way back. Don't by annoyed at the time. We walked off the shuttles gave our bags to the men that were right there and litterally walked right on to the ship. It was fantastic. No waiting in lines or anything. You just can't ask for better than that.
My hubby forgot his Bible at the hotel too and it was there waiting for him when we got back from our cruise. We would stay again if in town and we would reccommend this hotel to to others.
Oh one last note. If you are expecting a great breakfast the next morning you will be very disappointed. They lack greatly in this area. Bagel and tea or coffee is close to all they offer.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
No. Ky.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2009

My family and I recently went on a cruise from Miami. We flew in a day early to avoid any problems or delays with the airport so we could make the cruise. I found the Red Roof Inn which looked like a newer hotel on the internet, but I'm not sure that it was that new when we arrived. However, it offered alot of the ammenities that were beneficial to someone, like us, going on a cruise.
I looked for several hotels that were close to the pier or even a short cab ride to the pier, but everything was out of our price range $120 and up. I finally stumbled on the Red Roof and was able to get a rate that was more recession friendly, $ 93/night. While the price was right the location was at the airport. Not a great distance via cab, but we were able to find that they offered a free shuttle from the hotel to the pier for "cruisers". This in and of itself was worth a minimum $20 and offered one less worry on the trip. Another bonus was several of the rental car returns were a short walk from the hotel as well (about .5 mile). I was easily able to return our car there and walk back to the hotel.
The hotel itself is not in a glorious Miami locale, but it would be sufficient for an overnight stay for a business traveler, a family vacation looking for a cheap hotel in pricy Miami, or a great stay for somone cruising out of Miami. The neighbor seemed pretty safe even at night, but we really didn't go to far beyond the hotel because there's not much in short proximity to the hotel. The service was above the norm for a Red Roof. The staff was very friendly and willing to accomodate everyone. We had booked two rooms for the second half of our family, but shortly after check in we found their flight had been cancelled which meant we didn't need the second room. I spoke with the manager and she was very understanding and cancelled the second room for us. The rooms are majestic or elegant, but your typical Red Roof room. It will suffice for a budget traveler. The pool area was a highlight, but the continental breakfast was not much to look forward too.
I'm giving the hotel an above average rating based on the accomodations that were made to us and the ammenities that were beneficial to our trip. However, by going on just the hotel and normal ammenities itself I would probably rate it Average, FYI.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Minneapolis, MN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2009

Just stayed here and all the bad reviews are true. The room stunk and was dirty. We had no clock radio, no pen or paper, no coffee maker, above the bathtub a hole had been cut most likely to work on the tub on the floor above and it had been just roughly patched with sheetrock. The ice makers and vending machines were broken, the coffee makers at breakfast did not work and all they had to eat was dry bageles and apples. The fire alarm went off in the middle of the night. The Bennigans next door is no better. It was filthy and their soda machine was broken. The food looked nothing like what I have had at other Bennigans.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Cancun, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2009

Me and my wife went to the red roof inn in february this year, we have stay in this hotel 3 times already and for sure we will go back there. the rooms are clean and medium size, the beds and the pillows are really comfortables. The area is convienience because is close to the airport and is right in the middel of the city
They includ the breakfast wich actually we always skip because they have only muffins and coffe.
They have parking with security 24 hours and a pool were you can unwind watching the planes taking off. even when is really close to the airport the red roof inn is not noise at all.
Value!
Oscar and Paty

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Allegan, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2009

This is a horrible hotel and I would not stay here ever again. The smell in my room was positively awful, like someone had urinated on the rug or something. The carpet had obviously not been vacuumed as I noticed little pieces of plastic that hold tags on new clothing lying on the floor by my bed, just laying where someone had left them after cutting them off the new clothes. I then sat at the desk and noticed rings on it like a coffee cup would make after it is set down, no one had bothered to wipe them off after the last guest left! So I wiped the desk off myself with a wash cloth. The elevators were positively frightening and ancient, jerking and banging all the way up and down; they did not seem safe at all and I just prayed that nothing would happen while I was riding in them. I was on the 5th floor and so I had to use them. The staff were absolutely rude, I called the hotel from the Mall of the Americas to get directions however the woman who answered could not give me any that I could understand. Her Spanish accent was so thick that when she spoke English I could not understand what she was saying at all. Even with my limited understanding of Spanish I could understand her better when she spoke that. I asked her if there was someone else there who could give me directions and she said "No"; and that was the end of the conversation. I ended up calling the 1-800 number for Red Roof Inns to get directions! And once I had them, it was not hard to find at all; shouldn't have been that hard for the Spanish lady to give them to me. And I have to mention the restaurant next door! I was happy to see a Bennigan's right next door, within walking distance, so I went over and ordered shrimp tempura. Oh what a surprise! I got a plate with 8 small, fried shirmp on it, like you would buy in a frozen food package at the grocery store, not what I have been served as shrimp tempura before at all. And a big lump of mashed potatoes on the plate completed the $14 dinner! I had to ask the waiter to bring me shrimp cocktail sauce, he didn't even know what it was and had to go and ask; I also had to ask him to bring me butter for the mashed potatoes. He seemed like he had never waited a table before in his life and I was his first customer ever! I was already praying that I would get through the night safely with the hotel the way it was, then overheard staff talking to another customer that it really wasn't a Bennigan's restaurant at all, just in name only and it was now under 'new management'. I ate the shrimp and began to eat the mashed potatoes when I noticed a 2 inch long by 1/4 inch wide strip of clear plastic in them!!! That was the last straw and when I showed the restaurant host the piece of plastic that I had found in the mashed potatoes he replied 'Aw that's not gonna hurt you!' He was a trailer-trash looking and acting type of guy. My waiter was more understanding and let me just leave without paying for the dinner saying 'don't worry about it'; so at least I was thankful for that. Remarkably I did sleep well in the stinky room and even though the airplanes from Miami Airport fly right over the top of the place they didn't bother me at all. I can only think that it was my prayers that got me safely through the night at this awful place. I have stayed at Red Roof Inns before and have always found them to be clean with friendly staff, nothing like this.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel
Regency Hotel Miami
#27 of 119 in Miami
4.0 of 5 stars 1,274 reviews
New Yorker Boutique Hotel

Been to Red Roof Plus+ Miami Airport? Share your experiences!