“Complete Dump. Please don't waste your money!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Plus+ Miami Airport

Red Roof Plus+ Miami Airport
Ranked #68 of 120 Hotels in Miami
“Complete Dump. Please don't waste your money!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Picture this, Miami, August 31st... Arrived at MIA at 2:30pm, excited to start vacation and check out South Beach. Our excitement came to a screeching halt when we were passed by the free EMPTYhotel shuttle not once, but twice, driven by a man on a cell phone. We called the hotel desk and got an employee on the other line with scant English and an even poorer connection. I felt like I was talking to my grandmother through a 1960s rotary dial. The desk clerk said the shuttle couldn't have passed us yet and he'd be there "any time now". Any time now must have been Red Roof code for 90 MINUTES! 90 minutes can seem especially long anyway but it seemed like eternity in the 95 degree heat and 87 percent humidity. The hotel is close to the airport, true enough, so close in fact that we should have just walked. Flash forward to check in where 1 clerk is working at prime hours and you guessed it, scant English once again. We waited in a lobby full of people for another 45 minutes. When we finally receive our key we head to our room to find the floors unswept and sticky. Not a syrup spill sticky but a thick, shoe sucking, black grime, that screams "mop me"! I head to the bathroom and find 4, count 'em FOUR dead black flies on the floor and one pasted to the wall. To add insult to my dismay and disappointment, there are mounds of dust and hair in the corners and long black hairs surrounding the tub drain. This place could not have been touched in days, at least. As if this was not bad enough, there were green globby drops of Heaven only knows down the back of the door. After sachetting myself out of the bathroom (the door misses the toilet by 4 millimeters), I head back down to the front desk to report my findings. In addition to a detailed verbal description, I also provided pictures, which I can hopefully attach here as well. The desk clerk states they can send house keeping. SUPERB I think, and head via cab to South Beach. Fast fwd to late evening and the dust bunnies (and likely mites) have been scooted around the room, out of the corners, the grime and tar still intact but a little less abrasive and the flies now in the bathtub with the partially washed down hair... no more rooms available equals me sleeping fully clothed, socks and all with my husband, our 2 children and 3 pillows to share between us. The free breakfast they list is a JOKE and truly they should be embarrassed. They provide white bread, apples, and prepackaged muffins. The highlight was leaving for port Miami and I have never left a hotel so quickly. Should you book this room out of sheer torture to yourself and others, be sure to bring your room keys back to the desk with you. Hotels we typically stay in do not require the keys back so we left them in the room. The morning clerk said we had to have them and we needed to go and get them...it literally took me 10 minutes to explain we couldn't get back in to the room to retrieve them. You know that old saying, "nothing is free"? Red Roof Inn Miami is the epitome of that phrase. Free shuttle, but sweat to near dehydration while you wait. Free breakfast = prison food. Bottom line, you get what you pay for. Shame on me for buying in to the newly remodeled and award winning marketing scheme and shame on RRI for scamming people.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
i0255, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Miami Airport, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are committed to providing the best of service therefore feedback is very important to us. We have taken note of all issues you described and will ensure that these are resolved. We thank you for visiting us and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again when next you visit Miami.
Thanks.
John

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
Apache Junction, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I enjoyed this place.It was my first time traveling by myself, and surprisingly it was very peaceful, considering its right by the airport. Also, the staff was real nice and there bilingual. It has no restaurant but it has a little convenient store located in the lobby.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
i0255, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Miami Airport, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thanks for submitting a review on our hotel. We are happy that you liked our new rooms and service. Our staff was delighted to serve you. Maybe the next time you return to Miami, you will take the opportunity to experience our restaurant shuttle services or walk next door to Bennigans.
Hope to see you on your next trip to Miami.
Recife, Pernambuco, Brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I spent a night on reed roof with my group of foreign exchange students, the service is really, everything is really clean ,a room is not so expensive and is great because it is close to the airport, they have a really nice pool.
It's a great hotel to spend a short time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
We do appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us. We are delighted that you liked our new rooms, service and location next to the Miami Airport and Shopping. It was a pleasure serving you and we hope you will think of us the next time you plan on returning to Miami.
Aruba
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I stay here whenever I visit Miami. The prices are good, location is good, close to the airport and the staff is very friendly and accomodating., from manager Mr. De Irish, to reservations Martha, to the front desk personnel Stacey, Nora and the rest. Keep up the good work, people!

Room Tip: Stay in the main building, in the King bedrooms. These rooms have a desk, microwave and refrigerator
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Johnfun4
i0255, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Miami Airport, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thanks very much for submitting a review on your stay. We are delighted to hear of your frequent and satisfactory stay at our hotel. We take pleasure in serving you and hope to see you again on your next trip to the area.
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We had a layover in Miami and decided to stay at this hotel, and I regret that decision. The staff were ok, not very warm or welcoming. The room was terrible! The a/c was cranked up so high I thought that I was going to freeze, and the toilet did not flush. Also the bed sheets were dirty which was quite disgusting. The elevator needs some renovations as it makes disturbing noises, and is dirty. Positive aspects are that the hotel was only 25 steps from a restaurant, and close to the airport. One could argue that the nearness of the airport is a negative because of the loud noises of airplanes flying by. Although it was cheap I will never choose this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
I am sorry to hear about your experience at the hotel. We do take pride in the good customer service our staff has given over the years. We will certainly make appropriate repairs to the Airconditioner ensuring that it is maintained at a suitable temperature for this climate. Hopefully, you will reconsider and stay with us again the next time you are in Miami.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

My family had a wonderful experience staying at this hotel. As a member of a large group I commend Management John and Philbert for offering us such personal service. Very professional and I really admire the smooth handling of such a large group and mobilizing us from the airport to the port of Miami.
Our stay was home away from home and their staff is to be commended. The pool ,lobby and breakfast areas were kept clean. I actually felt safe with the presence of security patrolling the hotel.
I recommend this hotel for families and large groups. Thanks for a comfortable stay.
K. Chang

Room Tip: Hold knobs to close door as it slams upon closing.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Karen C
i0255, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Miami Airport, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thanks very much for the review. We appreciated your business and happy to hear that our new rooms, free Wifi and complimentary continental breakfast/shuttle service to the Port of Miami met your needs. We truly enjoyed serving your group. Hope to see you again on your next trip to the area.
Thanks again.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Our High School alumni association of over fifty guests booked with ease to this hotel. Booking agents were very personable, especially Martha. Management & staff made every effort to make our stay a fun and memorable one. Front desk staff were helpful and tried to meet our needs. Breakfast was a plus. I really liked the bagels and muffins individually wrapped meant a lot to me. Staff kept area clean and well stocked. Our rooms and amenities made us feel comfortable away from home. Great shuttle services. I recommend this hotel for large groups, you will get a personal service. A great value for your money.
D. Jones

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 1luv2013
i0255, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Miami Airport, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thanks very much for your review. It is nice to hear that our front desk and reservation staff provided you with good service. Customer satisfaction is our focus, Marta will be happy to hear your comments she works very hard at meeting group's needs. We are also delighted that you were able to experience our complimentary shuttle to the Port of Miami. It is just one of our value added amenity. We hope that you will visit us again the next time you are in Miami.
John
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel
#29 of 120 in Miami
4.0 of 5 stars 1,302 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Miami Airport & Intermodal Area

Been to Red Roof Plus+ Miami Airport? Share your experiences!