“Hidden Gem on the Bay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #71 of 119 Hotels in Miami
Hollywood, Florida
“Hidden Gem on the Bay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

We got a great rate at the Grove Isle Hotel through Orbitz and although we have never stayed at the hotel before, we were confident that it would be nice since we have been enjoying the restaurant and it's romantic setting for over 12 years, back to when it was Baleens. The Grove Isle doesn't disappoint. Everyone was super nice. Even the valet, who cheerfully brought back our car after I accidentally left the IPads on the back seat. The rooms are clean and the beds are super comfy. We especially enjoyed the balcony overlooking the Bay. Big enough for 2 large, teak chairs, a table and a chaise lounger. Take a bottle of wine, or order one from room service and let the romantic spot work it's magic!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Grove Isle has a great location - surrounded by water and incredibly peaceful surroundings in Miami. It feels away from it all. Another plus is the staff at the hotel, particularly those supporting meetings. They were responsive to our needs. However, rooms-wise, the hotel is simply tired. The furnishings are a bit dated and the A/C was all over the place (incredibly hot, then incredibly cold), which made it difficult to get a good night's sleep. I would also mention that the restaurant was very slow and the choices are relatively limited on the menu. Overall, Grove Isle could be a spectacular hotel, but right now, it's just not there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Kelli E
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This was our 2nd time staying here and it was as good as the first. Ironically we were given the same room as the first time and that was about 3 yrs ago. The service and tranquility is superb!!!! The first time was a birthday surprise and the second was just that we needed some alone time. We so love this place and will definitely be going back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The Hotel is located on a very small and private island closed to Coconut Grove area. On the island there are only the Grove Isle Hotel & Spa and 3 condo buildings. It is possible to walk around all the island in 40 minutes or less. The small island was far from everything and so the place is very quiet and relaxing. We decided to stay here one night after 4 weeks holidays and before came back home and we really appreciate the place and its atmosphere. It was very romantic!
We booked the bayfront deluxe room and we were very lucky because we were upgrated to the corner suite (it was off season). The staff (at the restaurant and at the reception) was very friendly and helpful. We had dinner and breakfast a la carte at the restaurant. The food was delicious. The presentation of the dishes is also very nice. I think I would come here again. Highly recommended! Sorry if my English is not perfect but I am not English mother tongue.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Stuart, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I wouldn't say anything bad about this place nor anything amazing. I am glad is was a family trip here because if it was just my husband and I we would have been disappointed.
Pros: Cheap
Safe
Great location
Friendly staff
Cons: Rooms/ bathrooms are average need updates
Our balcony view was obstructed by palm trees.
Restaurant wasn't open when we wanted an early dinner
Just had that "dead" no life around feel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My friend and I drove to the east side of the state from Fort Myers to bike Key Biscayne. We decided to spend the night in the area and maybe get another bike ride in the next day. I loved the name Coconut Grove which was just south of Key Biscayne so we thought maybe there would be something reasonable for us there. We drove down this little road and over a bridge to a little Island in the middle of no where with the Grove Isle Hotel and Spa on it. We figured it would cost a fortune and told the "gate Keeper" we were just turning around. The place looked too expensive for us. They encouraged us to check it out anyway. Maybe it wouldn't be too bad. So what the heck...we drove to the hotel and the vale asked if we were checking in. We told them no...just wanted to see if there was anything we could afford. They were so polite and opened the doors for us. We arrived in our biking spandex and shirts and all sweaty from our ride. We were greeted by Rodolfo Quintero, the banquet manager with the most respect and assured they could find something affordable to accommodate us. Not only did they do that, but also gave us a full breakfast coupon for two worth $14 each. The room was great, view spectacular. Everyone was so friendly. The vale (all complementary) brought our car around within minutes of us asking for it. Everyone was so friendly and pleasant. Like they really wanted us there! I would return and recommend it fully to anyone visiting the Miami area.

Room Tip: I noticed that some room views may be blocked by the beautiful gumbo limbo trees. Ask for a room tha...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Diane12345155
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I stayed here for my wife's b-day, what a mistake. The hotel could be great, but its not. The hotel has a restuarant and spa on site. Restuarant was great worth going again, but the spa and hotel blow. I made reservations for the spa and restuarant a week in advance, we arrive and they have my wife waitning for a hour. Then they tell her that the masseuse isnt coming that she was involed in a car crash. It just didn't make sense she should have called before the appointment not calling a hour after. So I asked where they accident occured and the receptionist didn't know what to say and give me a address that you can tell she made up I work for the police in the area, so I checked, no accident. Then we find out that we where they only appointment that day (my guess is that she just didnt want to come for one person). The hotel was not willing to do anything to make up for their lack of service, witch was not our fault. I reserve a bay view room and get a tree view room. I asked to be moved to a diffrent room, the receptionist didn't want to accommodate us (mind you the hotel was empty and I was only staying 1 night) The rooms look outdated and you could tell that several things in the room were falling apart and instead of fixing thing correctly they would just cover them up. Just to name a few, counter top on night stand was completely lose almost fell on my foot, under the sink in bathroom you could tell they had a leak, It was black with mold, light fixture were hanging from the ceiling (not because they were suppose to), I had to hand tighten the knobs on the closet because they came off, they only gave us one robe, the T.V. picture was horrible (they were still running on analog). Thier was much more. Also checkout was at noon, the cleaning lady started knocking on my door at 8:30 am I answered the door and advised her when we would be check out and she came back 2 more times before we left. If you have no concept of what a nice hotel is stay here. This place really sucked.

Room Tip: Dont, there our no good rooms
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank kraken187
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
The Mutiny Hotel
Hotel Urbano
Hotel Urbano
#44 of 119 in Miami
4.0 of 5 stars 588 reviews

Been to Palmeiras Beach Club at Grove Isle? Share your experiences!