WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Amazing location, has great potential but doesn't meet expectations for price!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Palmeiras Beach Club at Grove Isle

Palmeiras Beach Club at Grove Isle
Ranked #80 of 124 Hotels in Miami
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

I must say the location of the hotel is amazing. If you are looking to stay in a hotel out of the Miami craze, it's the place for you. HOWEVER, the hotel is not up to par. We are currently staying in this hotel for my best friends wedding. She chose this hotel because of the location and the view (which are both stunning) but from the moment we checked in, we've had minor issues that could be easily resolved but weren't. For starters, the bride was promised the bridal suite which was suprisingly unavailable once she got here. Instead, we were given a mediocre room. In the room, the sofabed was broken, there was no toilet paper and not enough towels. When we called for more towels at night, they told us they had none available. We had to share 2 towels between 6 girls. That's just ridiculous to me. We asked for more toilet paper and they bring us one roll. This morning, we told them we needed coffee and cream for 6 people- it took them 45 minutes to bring one pot of coffee, cream and 2 cups (for 6 girls mind you). A lot of these issues sound minute but on a special day like your wedding day when you are already stressed out as it is, these are small things that can be easily resolved and taken care of. The hotel is very under staffed. It's a shame that such a gorgeous hotel has such poor service. The only positive thing I can say is that the room attendant, Danitza has gone above and beyond to try and make the situation better. She is an asset to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GMGroveisle, General Manager at Palmeiras Beach Club at Grove Isle, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am disappointed that your visit with us was not as pleasant as we all would have liked. Your feedback is vital for us to address our shortfalls as well as perfecting our service going forward. I do hope that you return in the future and give us the opportunity to impress you with the service and regain your confidence in the Grove Isle Hotel and Spa.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

The location is excellent, an Island off of the exclusive area of Coconut grove. This island is very small, there's only the hotel, 3 condominiums and a marina. I felt like a millionaire lol.
The hotel is very very romantic, but good for friends. They also do lots of weddings there.
I would not take my kids here because it's oviously surrounded by water (deep waters) and does not fave any fences. You can just walk right into the deep ocean. (I did not wanted to get drunk there either for the same reason).
This place is very peaceful and relaxing, perfect to go and get rid of stress (I did).
It is dated, but everything worked well in my room.
The staff was very friendly, courteous and getting out of their way to help me.
Fernando was very nice, always smiling and making sure you're having a good time. He also went up to my room at 3am to bring me 2 water bottles because I had called asking for a vending machine (which they don't have at the hotel).
I would def go back to this hotel, but with my fiance to make a little romantic getaway... I wish I could get married here -I already told him that ;)
I did not use the spa but I saw the price list and it is pricey. $150 the minimun for a 50 min. massage.
I did go to Gibraltar, the restaurant. The food (specially the breakfast) is very good, not too pricey.
There are 3 condomiums that share the island and the people that live do their morning walks around the island. They are so friendly. Smiling all the time and offering to take picture, I thought that was very nice.

Room Tip: Bayview rooms on the first floors have a dinning table outside where you can have a private dinner c...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Marshall, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

I was with a small group of 6 people, it was a great location for day excursions throughout the Miami area, staff was very accommodating and friendly, would not hesitate to go back. The isle is small and great to stroll around, very safe as it is located in a gated community. Wonderful views from the bay rooms.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
pa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

book this hotel online because of the ambiance and location. we were visiting a sick relative just nearby. The hotel was beautiful. romantic and sweet! pool are excellent. staff good, except not one smile from the bartender. wait staff excellent. pricey tho 399 a night you guys should reduce the rates a bit it is around 299 would be sufficent. you may get more business from the middle class. food excellent drinks great!!! will be back! next time for pleasure!! and spa treatments!

Room Tip: our room was great!! bayview all around!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I got married here in Miami and before we flew out of the country, I thought staying here would be nice. I knew the restaurant was good, as I used to frequent it, so I went for it.

Here is a quick rundown of events:

I booked the reservation, via the phone, directly with the hotel and the assistance was very good as he price matched what they were showing online. The arrival and check in went great, the hotel was dated and not eat off the floor clean, but okay. The bathroom had a light out, the tub quickly retained water when showering (quickly up to my ankles in water), the toilet sat a little sideways (almost felt like I was leaning), and the bed was a little squeaky upon any kind of movement. I overlooked ALL of those things as it was my honeymoon and I wasn't going to let any of it bother me, until it was time to check out. I went down stairs and my rate had gone from $260/night to over $300/night. I questioned this charge but the girl at the front said I would have to show her proof in order for her to change it. I didn't have time to dig through emails as I was on my way to the airport. They went ahead and charged my card the extra money. I got to the airport, found the email and called back. The girl who answered was nice upon answering the phone until I told her what was going on, she started to get very defensive of the hotel and then had the audacity to ask "Well, what did you expect to pay?" I said "What I should have been charged on my account should not only be what I expect to pay, but what you promised in an email I would need to pay." I have no problem paying what I agree to, but to give an attitude and turn it on the customer is wrong.

I sent her an email, she corrected the two night stay and played it off in her email like nothing was wrong...could have been that I cc'd one of the managers on the email. I mentioned some of the problems I had with the room, but those were never addressed. I wrote the manager but have yet to hear anything back from them in regards to comments I left and asked to be contacted about.

If you stay at this hotel, just know 1) it's dated 2) because it's older, there are likely going to be some problems in the room 3) be very careful and keep records of what you agree to pay 4) don't expect much customer service after you leave.

If it wasn't for the poor customer service and attitude I was given, I would have given the hotel a 4.

Good luck!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ChrisfromMiami
Naples, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed here for two nights and had a decent stay. Upon checking in the front desk attendant barely said a word to us. Whatever. Not that way I would greet new guests to my business but we can over come it. The rooms we had we were very average. Our biggest complaint was the noise while in the room. It appeared that noise emanated from other guests, whether it be the surrounding rooms or the corridors. My bed felt and sounded old and creaked every time I moved. I also couldn't get the very antiquated thermostat to work in my room. My room felt kind of dirty. The floors are stone tile I guess. I wore my flip flops the whole time I was in the room. The bartenders were overwhelmed every time I was in the bar. They tried very hard but could of used an extra helper. Service suffered, as a result, from what I saw. I encountered a few staff members who were exceptional. The valet guys were awesome and helpful in every way. The host at the restaurant was great as well. Be aware that the restaurant and bar automatically include an 18% gratuity in the bill. I tipped 20% the 1st night not realizing the tip was already included in the total. Oh well. I will say the water front location was nice. You can sit outside at night and enjoy drinks in front of a fire pit or dine water front. Both were nice options to have. In the future I'd try another hotel but this one isn't horrible so don't worry if you need or want to try it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank sjp1
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

If you'd like to experience a beautiful, relaxing, and peaceful setting with a top notch staff on hand to tend to your every need, I encourage you to visit Grove Isle Hotel & Spa.

I travel all throughout the United States, Mexico and Caribbean and haven't experienced hospitality like this in a very long time.

Would consider it my home, away from home! Thank you for all you did to make my short stay a memorable one. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: With all water views, you can't go wrong with any of the rooms. For a little more room to move...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sarah R
Ben L, Manager at Palmeiras Beach Club at Grove Isle, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Sarah R:
Thank you for your kind review! Our staff and service levels are very important and appreciate your recognition. We are excited that you can consider us your home away from home and look forward to seeing you in the near future!