“beautiful” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #72 of 120 Hotels in Miami
pa
“beautiful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

book this hotel online because of the ambiance and location. we were visiting a sick relative just nearby. The hotel was beautiful. romantic and sweet! pool are excellent. staff good, except not one smile from the bartender. wait staff excellent. pricey tho 399 a night you guys should reduce the rates a bit it is around 299 would be sufficent. you may get more business from the middle class. food excellent drinks great!!! will be back! next time for pleasure!! and spa treatments!

Room Tip: our room was great!! bayview all around!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I got married here in Miami and before we flew out of the country, I thought staying here would be nice. I knew the restaurant was good, as I used to frequent it, so I went for it.

Here is a quick rundown of events:

I booked the reservation, via the phone, directly with the hotel and the assistance was very good as he price matched what they were showing online. The arrival and check in went great, the hotel was dated and not eat off the floor clean, but okay. The bathroom had a light out, the tub quickly retained water when showering (quickly up to my ankles in water), the toilet sat a little sideways (almost felt like I was leaning), and the bed was a little squeaky upon any kind of movement. I overlooked ALL of those things as it was my honeymoon and I wasn't going to let any of it bother me, until it was time to check out. I went down stairs and my rate had gone from $260/night to over $300/night. I questioned this charge but the girl at the front said I would have to show her proof in order for her to change it. I didn't have time to dig through emails as I was on my way to the airport. They went ahead and charged my card the extra money. I got to the airport, found the email and called back. The girl who answered was nice upon answering the phone until I told her what was going on, she started to get very defensive of the hotel and then had the audacity to ask "Well, what did you expect to pay?" I said "What I should have been charged on my account should not only be what I expect to pay, but what you promised in an email I would need to pay." I have no problem paying what I agree to, but to give an attitude and turn it on the customer is wrong.

I sent her an email, she corrected the two night stay and played it off in her email like nothing was wrong...could have been that I cc'd one of the managers on the email. I mentioned some of the problems I had with the room, but those were never addressed. I wrote the manager but have yet to hear anything back from them in regards to comments I left and asked to be contacted about.

If you stay at this hotel, just know 1) it's dated 2) because it's older, there are likely going to be some problems in the room 3) be very careful and keep records of what you agree to pay 4) don't expect much customer service after you leave.

If it wasn't for the poor customer service and attitude I was given, I would have given the hotel a 4.

Good luck!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank ChrisfromMiami
Naples, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed here for two nights and had a decent stay. Upon checking in the front desk attendant barely said a word to us. Whatever. Not that way I would greet new guests to my business but we can over come it. The rooms we had we were very average. Our biggest complaint was the noise while in the room. It appeared that noise emanated from other guests, whether it be the surrounding rooms or the corridors. My bed felt and sounded old and creaked every time I moved. I also couldn't get the very antiquated thermostat to work in my room. My room felt kind of dirty. The floors are stone tile I guess. I wore my flip flops the whole time I was in the room. The bartenders were overwhelmed every time I was in the bar. They tried very hard but could of used an extra helper. Service suffered, as a result, from what I saw. I encountered a few staff members who were exceptional. The valet guys were awesome and helpful in every way. The host at the restaurant was great as well. Be aware that the restaurant and bar automatically include an 18% gratuity in the bill. I tipped 20% the 1st night not realizing the tip was already included in the total. Oh well. I will say the water front location was nice. You can sit outside at night and enjoy drinks in front of a fire pit or dine water front. Both were nice options to have. In the future I'd try another hotel but this one isn't horrible so don't worry if you need or want to try it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank sjp1
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

If you'd like to experience a beautiful, relaxing, and peaceful setting with a top notch staff on hand to tend to your every need, I encourage you to visit Grove Isle Hotel & Spa.

I travel all throughout the United States, Mexico and Caribbean and haven't experienced hospitality like this in a very long time.

Would consider it my home, away from home! Thank you for all you did to make my short stay a memorable one. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: With all water views, you can't go wrong with any of the rooms. For a little more room to move...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sarah R
Ben L, Manager at Palmeiras Beach Club at Grove Isle, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Sarah R:
Thank you for your kind review! Our staff and service levels are very important and appreciate your recognition. We are excited that you can consider us your home away from home and look forward to seeing you in the near future!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

On Sunday Jan. 13,2013 we called and made a reservation for four people to dinner at the hotel and requested to be very close to the water . when we arrived at the hotel we were seated somewhere else and they gave us a very poor excuse, the food was excellent but our night was ruined because a staff employee gave us the wrong information. Mr. & Mrs Paz in Miami.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank jorgefranciscopaz
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are fortunate to have such a special location with amazing views. All of our seating areas have a great view of the water, however the front row can only accommodate parties of 2 due to the limited size of the private platform on which each table is located. We apologize for any confusion during your restaurant reservation process. We hope you come back to enjoy the food, view and service at Gibraltar.
Newport Beach, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I go to hotels and spas in Miami for my alone time. I decided to try this hotel on Tuesday Jan 16. The location was great but their communication with their guests for questions and concerns is very poor. I probably left 2 messages for the General Manager or a manager to call me and up to this day, I still have not received a return call.

Room Tip: Make sure if you book a spa treatment that you get the discount they offered with the package you bo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank trimbleme1
Thank you for your review and bringing your concerns to our attention. I am happy we had the chance to speak since you have posted this review and address the challenges during your stay. I trust everything was settled to your satisfaction and we look forward to welcoming you back to Grove Isle.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My family and myself have been going to this hotel every year around february for more than 15 years. I think the location is great, but the standards of the rooms are not up to 5 stars and the rooms are a little overpriced. The good thing is that you have your private marina for you boat.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ralph6429
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
The Mutiny Hotel
Hotel Urbano
Hotel Urbano
#46 of 120 in Miami
4.0 of 5 stars 600 reviews

Been to Palmeiras Beach Club at Grove Isle? Share your experiences!